• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who's moved from xm to pro, thoughts?

D

drunkbilly

Nov 17, 2010
lots of feed back in the xm section of guys going from poo to doo saying all the things they like. how about guy coming off xm's to pro's lets here your story?

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
If we could get an E-tec 800 in a Pro chassis you would have something. Hell! Anything in a Pro would be great. Any one have any John Deere motors laying around?

J

Jbest103

Feb 7, 2011
I moved from a 13 XM to a 1 pro this year. I kept having issues with sensors, coils, and the stator on my xm. The pro is definitely down on power but it is a blast to ride. You can feel the light weight of the machine. I did a MTNTK fix kit, PAR 13.6 head and some MDS clutching it definitely helps with the power output. Overall I am happy about the switch. Not to mention the pro was way cheaper to buy!

D

drunkbilly

Nov 17, 2010
Yeh ive got a motocross back ground and the one time i road a rmk the narrow feel and up right style was alot more comfortable. I like pritty much everything about the pro better just not the blowing up motor part. Yeh an etech in a pro would be hands down easy choice. Im looking now at a pro also due to cost the rebates are good right now. And the motor needs a fix kit from what i read. Could probably get a pro with fixed motor kit and any thing else you need for the same or less than a new doo

M
Nov 26, 2007
Near a city in WA.
I went to a pro this year. I like the light feel ,but the nose actually feels heavier,because it just stays planted won't transfer, steers harder than the xm. The suspension with the walker Evans piggy backs is ridiculously stiff ,makes no sense to me why its so adjustable ,but softest settings are way too stiff , I'm not snow crossing this thing . Xm is like a Cadillac on the bumpy trails compared too this thing. Yes i know its a mountain sled ,but you have to ride some trails. Thing I'm most impressed with is the engine /clutching .throttle response is so crisp its awesome,belt drive makes it so responsive,its so fun for blowing up road banks ,and every time I hit the throttle its right at 8200 rpm at least and always holds rpm .Doesn't really give anything up to the etec power wise . Starts really easy too ,don't need e start, pulls so easy when warm . Overall I think i will be happy ,if it ever snows that is! :face-icon-small-hap

D

drunkbilly

Nov 17, 2010
Yeh ive got a motocross back ground and the one time i road a rmk the narrow feel and up right style was alot more comfortable. I like pritty much everything about the pro better just not the blowing up motor part. Yeh an etech in a pro would be hands down easy choice. Im looking now at a pro also due to cost the rebates are good right now. And the motor needs a fix kit from what i read. Could probably get a pro with fixed motor kit and any thing else you need for the same or less than a new doo

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
I ride them both currently. I have a T3 163 and a 2013 155 pro. After a mods to the pro (36 front end, gear down kit, good clutch setup) I enjoy riding both sleds. Takes a few minutes to mentally make the transition from one to the other but not bad. The T3 is fun to climb hills and carve down hills on. The 3 inch track I strongly prefer over the stock 5.1 track obviously for climbing and downhill traction. However I like jumping and dropping off a few rocks and cornices and much prefer the pro. The balance of the sled and the the throttle response with the gear down kit/clutching is significantly better. Almost makes the T3 feel a bit doggy on the bottom end. To be fair the only thing I have done to the T3 is put on a can cause I prefer the sound over stock. End of the day I am extremely happy on either sled.

*edit - When you get the T3 stuck you feel every damn pound of additional weight between them. Riding I don't notice the weight or the push of the 3" track

Last edited:
R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Don't like the 16 wide tunnel, boards suck.

This is also my biggest complaint. The Pro has proven to me there is little need/advantage to the 16". I still have a hard time with the wide foot wells & boards on the XM. But I'd like to try the T3..

But, the Doo's engine efficiency and reliability likely makes up for it at the end of the year/ownership.

Premium Features