• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch weights

D
Nov 11, 2012
I'm not sure what weight is in the stock primary, but I'm sticking a slp stage 2 kit on my pro & the wrong weights came with it for my elevation. Supposed to be 68 & came with 71. Am I going to notice that?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I'm not sure what weight is in the stock primary, but I'm sticking a slp stage 2 kit on my pro & the wrong weights came with it for my elevation. Supposed to be 68 & came with 71. Am I going to notice that?

Most likely you will. What's your typical riding elevation???

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
And as Eric stated above, from factory the 62's are for 6-8000'. I put in Cutler adjustable 60-70 gram. Add and subtract as your riding elevation changes in seconds. There are several great companies that offer adjustable weights out there.

Last edited:

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
What brand of weights came with it, mtx? Mtx weights required are about 4 gr heavier than the required polaris weights. It's on slp ' s website and probably in the paperwork of the weights or kit.

codyh5805

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2012
Saskatoon, sk, Ca
I'm thinking of extending the track to 151-155, on my 13swb assault. My gear ration 19:43. I've looked At a couple clutch kits and I'm bashing around the idea, 160-240 driven spring and 140-340 drive, 68-71 g mtx or similar weighted spring. Any recommendation on helixes or other changes I should be making? Just wanna see what works the best?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I have always ran Cutler's TM weights. They are adjustable without having to remove the weights from the clutch. The TM series are equal to the Polaris 11 series.

D
Nov 11, 2012
Ok thanks.
Yea they're mtx, haven't opened them yet or read anything about them, didn't know they're 4 gram heavier.
I live in Canada & got the kit from the states, don't really want to wait a month to ship them back & forth.
Anyone looking for a set of 71 gram mtx weights?

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
why sell them.. its the right part

Ok thanks.
Yea they're mtx, haven't opened them yet or read anything about them, didn't know they're 4 gram heavier.
I live in Canada & got the kit from the states, don't really want to wait a month to ship them back & forth.

What... Why are u selling them

They are the ones your sled needs!!

They maybe be 71 grams... yes,, but pull like a 67 Gram Polaris weight..

Try them before u sell them... Might surprise you!!!

T

trench

Nov 28, 2007
I think the 67's will b to heavy , you can grind them down to the weight you like
I'm now running 63.5 in my 13 155 with mbrp can and pink exhaust valve springs.

I ride about 4500-5000' my r's now are 8100 was 8400 I think it pull harder now.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO

What brand of weights came with it, mtx? Mtx weights required are about 4 gr heavier than the required polaris weights. It's on slp ' s website and probably in the paperwork of the weights or kit.

Ok thanks.

Are you saying the kit requires 68 gram MTX weights and you received 71 gram MTX weights?

Premium Features