• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tether cord for the pro

W
Feb 27, 2010
Different Polaris part# than posted

I just picked up a Polaris tether switch kit from my dealer (one that he had to order for me from Polaris) and the part # that was on the package is different than posted by others previously. My part # is 2874379. It's suppose to fit my 2015 155 RMK LE. The instructions says its application is for all Polaris snowmobiles. I haven't installed it yet thou. Maybe in a couple days I will. Hope this helps...

Last edited:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I just picked up a Polaris tether switch kit from my dealer (one that he had to order for me from Polaris) and the part # that was on the package is different than posted by others previously. My part # is 2874379. It's suppose to fit my 2015 155 RMK LE. The instructions says its application is for all Polaris snowmobiles. I haven't installed it yet thou. Maybe in a couple days I will. Hope this helps...

You're got the right one for your sled, that's the kit number. The plug itself has a separate number, 4010849, which causes some of the confusion. It will plug right in. If you use the included backing washer, it may not provide enough pressure on the switch. That's a may, not a definite. You can ignore the washer, get a thinner one, or mod your cap with a short screw to provide more pressure on the button. Any may work. FWIW. Good luck.

W
Feb 27, 2010
You're got the right one for your sled, that's the kit number. The plug itself has a separate number, 4010849, which causes some of the confusion. It will plug right in. If you use the included backing washer, it may not provide enough pressure on the switch. That's a may, not a definite. You can ignore the washer, get a thinner one, or mod your cap with a short screw to provide more pressure on the button. Any may work. FWIW. Good luck.

Thanks for that info and the "good luck". I'll keep that in mind. I did get the chance to install and test (on stand) to see if it worked...and it did perfectly. Plug and play right in the spare plug that is located at the top of over structure/steering post in a black wire connector bag. I mounted the switch right in front of console toggle switches and behind gas cap if your sitting on the sled looking forward. Easy install and took about 30-40 min.

Last edited:
Premium Features