• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder Jack use with a PRO RMK

R

reflextruckliners

Nov 30, 2007
Does anyone use a Powder Jack to help get unstuck. I plan on making my own version by using an old VW jack. I have upgraded both of My bumpers to Polaris Aluminum bumpers. I just do not want to bend My tunnel. Thanks for the help.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
No... Don't see the need. Kinda like the evo guy my bud rode with that was carrying around an electric winch that he thought was the greatest thing since slice bread. lol

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I still have the one I bought in 06 for my Apex. I have the mounts on my pro to carry it along. The only time I ever take it with me is if Im riding alone. Sometimes I will do a short ride close to town where we have full cell phone service to do some testing. the times I have used it on the pro I have not used the bumper to lift from, I put a strap around the running board mount where it bolts to the tunnel.

I sure wouldnt try and build your own. The high jacker is a friction jack and the whole thing only weighs like 5lbs. you can buy used ones for like 150 bucks. Eric

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3780345#post3780345

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
They are ssswwwwweeeeeeetttttt!!!!! Once you have one you won't believe how much time and energy you've wasted digging. In just a few minutes and very little effort you can get YOURSELF unstuck and be back riding. Your buddies will laugh at first until they see how it works, then they'll be calling you on the radio to come get them unstuck:) I have used it on the carbon fiber bumper without problems but I would suggest upgrading to a more sturdy one that goes down the tunnel further on each side. Building one from a vw jack will weigh a lot, it isn't cheap for the good one but worth every penny. If you're like me and tend to wander off on your own sometimes its peace of mind knowing you can get yourself out of almost any situation.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The Jacks are awesome. I admit when I first saw it I thought it was the gayest thing ever. Why would you need one? When you have a t-nytro you need all the help you can get. You can't always roll them over. When I get stuck the roll over option is out half the time. Sometime I flip them over backwards. Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold my jack. People will razz you but for the people who think there isn't a need have never used one or they know too much. If it is the latter, I don't understand why you read the forum.
I actually thought about putting one on my wife's T3 so if it was just us two we could get anything out. The running boards are really wide. I question what it's like with narrow boards. I have air locs on my pro.
Wouldn't know on the tunnel until you tried it. Might be questionable. Bracing.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
I will always carry one regardless of how "gay" it looks. If I was 20 years younger without back, shoulder, and now wrist problems, I wouldn't need one.

I hate digging with a shovel and using the jack is quick and easy and I don't get winded or break a sweat when unstucking a sled at 10,000 ft plus ASL.

Tip, get a quality jack. Some of the cheaper friction jacks slip when they are wet and I had a cheap one shear on me almost taking out an eye/hit to my temple area.

I own a HighJacker jack that doesn't slip and hasn't broke on me yet. Cons: Its bulky/heavy and is $$$ but not cheap and dangerous as the one in the pics below...that particular brand never worked when I needed it in the "field"..,kept slipping when wet and it broke.

2014-01-03 14.06.07.jpg 2014-01-03 14.05.55.jpg

Last edited:

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I ride a PRO, I don't get stuck. It appears that you guys are posting in the wrong section:face-icon-small-coo

Seriously... Look at everyone posting on this. Coming from yamaha or others.

Dude you are riding a pro RMK. The only time those things get stuck is if you let off the throttle.

Not even kidding. Pin that sucker give it a shake for 30 seconds or a minute or 5 minutes I assure you that thing is coming out of 99% of the holes. The other ones that jack isn't going to make the difference either.

Leave that thing home.

just my opinion tho. Carry on.

Premium Features