• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowies Comment Period

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
what am I missing? the FS actually wants to add trail? am I reading this correctly?

https://sharetrails.org/alert/wyomi...ide-snowy-range-travel-management-project-ea/

Not exactly, they are taking alot of open travel roads and making them orv (50 inch or less.) They are adding a few trails to legal status... the trails are already there, but not on a map or posted..

The big loss here imo is the reclassification of open travel roads to orv trails... I don't know anyone who has a 50" utv. Myself included!

Those who know me, know my family and i live to be in the mtns year round. It is heartbreaking to see further restrictions and closures here. The FS tried this last year and it met HUGE local resistance, they brought it back this year and nobody came to the meetings... everyone I talked to felt the same way- 'the forest service will do what the want to, this was shot down last year and here they go again.. '

Last edited:
Premium Features