• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil pump adjust info needed

2DaMax

Jan 27, 2008
I have a 2000 Polaris 700 rmk and just had to change the oil pump cable and I don't have the warm and fuzzies about just adjusting the new cable to were the old cable was adjusted to. So I called the dealer and they said there was a hash mark on the arm and one on the body but I don't see any marks on either one so can anyone tell me how to or were the oil pump should be adjusted to? Thank for any help.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
dealer is correct there should be a line on the arm and a line on the body of the pump line them up and good to go. I have not ever seen one that did not have the marks on it.

2DaMax

Jan 27, 2008
Now do you see the marks lookin from up above the pump or from the side or whats the best angle to see them from.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
This is on an edge, but here's a crappy pic. If you look at the small silver circle piece just above the lever, you can see the mark.
The mark on the lever is at about 10:30-11:00.
DSCN3235.jpg

Last edited:

2DaMax

Jan 27, 2008
No problem I would like to know how to post pics like that to mine all come up as attachments also. Thanks for the help on the oil pump I will look it over again.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I use photobucket. I highlight the IMG CODE, which is the bottom code and copy it using "Ctrl c" then paste it in my post with "Ctrl v" My wife had to show me how to do it.

2DaMax

Jan 27, 2008
You know its kinda funny when you see a picture of how its supposed to be and I go and look at it again and to my surprise there's the marks right in front of my face in plain view. Maybe sometime before the snow flies I will pull my head out. Thanks for the help guys.

Premium Features