• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carl's Cycle 900 Big Bore Short Block for Sale

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
My 910 is a carls engine, uses the same parts as the crankshop engine though. Yes the 975 is a different beast.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
That is a good question. I always wondered who came up with the old 800/910BB setup first, carls or crankshop. I think the cyl's are made by crankshop from the get go.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That is a good question. I always wondered who came up with the old 800/910BB setup first, carls or crankshop. I think the cyl's are made by crankshop from the get go.

That's always the way I understood it.

Crankshop made the 910 and sold it as the Crankshop 910 big bore.

Carls also bought CrankShop's rough cylinders with all the casting marks still on them. Carls cleaned and prepped (with their OWN porting and head choice) and sold it as their own.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
That's always the way I understood it.

Crankshop made the 910 and sold it as the Crankshop 910 big bore.

Carls also bought CrankShop's rough cylinders with all the casting marks still on them. Carls cleaned and prepped (with their OWN porting and head choice) and sold it as their own.

the head was a RKT as it said Torqueline on the head and rkt in the back.
so the 910 a collection of other parts as stated above.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Carburators are so much Eaiser to tune.

I noticed NASCAR used them to go 500 miles at 200 MPH on a 350 Chevy for years.

Fuel injection , there is fool born every minute.

I need to buy Stock in Power Commander so you FI guys can make me money.

NASCAR requires carburetors in the rule book, along with cast iron blocks and V-8 cylinder configuration. Not exactly cutting edge stuff in the world of go-fast cars.

It's kind of an ordeal to get to the throttle bodies on the newer chassis sleds compared to the old ones. And with the advancement of the direct injected two stroke, carburetors are a thing of the past.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
the head was a RKT as it said Torqueline on the head and rkt in the back.
so the 910 a collection of other parts as stated above.

Hmmm, that's interesting.

I helped a friend with the repair of 2 separate Carl's 910 engines & never noticed any RKT markings on either of the heads. Probably had the engines apart & reassembled 4 - 5 times too but I guess that's not to say that they weren't made by RKT or that I was blind. LOL

We were definitely aware that the Crankshop made the cylinders. Questionable quality castings & machining at best. At least on the 2 units we worked on anyway.

910.jpg

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Merlin,

I can remember Kelsey spouting off one time on the forums that he used to do heads for Jack's 910 years ago.

But Edgeworks have been doing them for a very long time.

Agree with the Crankshop comment. don't wanna go there...

Last edited:

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Merlin,

I can remember Kelsey spouting off one time on the forums that he used to do heads for Jack's 910 years ago.

But Edgeworks have been doing them for a very long time.

Agree with the Crankshop comment. don't wanna go there...

Thanks Dave,

I missed it in BILTIT's picture when I first looked but come to think of it, the newer 910 we worked on had "Edgeworks" engraved on the cyl. head cover too.

I guess my buddies older 910 must've had one of RKT's heads.

Premium Features