• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

storage and injectors

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Seams how I'm almost out of snow, is there anything special to do for storage that's good for the injectors? Most of the time I fog the engine, then drain the tank.Just asking because iv seen a few bad injectors this season and want to avoid this for next year.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Unless you completely drain the fuel tank, the evaporation of the residual fuel can allow gum / varnish to accumulate.

Draining the fuel system may cause more problems than it will alleviate. O-ring / seals / hoses can dry out & sometimes deteriorate when exposed to air after having been in contact with fuel.

The machine should be stored with the fuel tank completely full & treated with stabilizer. The engine should then be ran long enough to allow the treated fuel to circulate through the fuel rail.

Starting the engine occasionally throughout the off season will bring fresh fuel into the rail.

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
I like storeing my sleds with 100LL av gas , You never hear if a gas problems with AV gas . It just doesn't get stale like pump fuel with ETH in it.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
We use 91 non oxygenated all year. Mix SeaFoam in the gas during the off season and start them every 30 days. With the track off the ground we do make sure the whole drive train moves a couple of times (slowly) and then shut her down when the temp gauge hits 100F.
It's the same with me. If I don't get moving. I seize up!:eyebrows:

Premium Features