• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who can map with Bullydog setup ???

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
If you have a individualized set up, who can write maps and plug them into the ecu? Can the consumer do it or is it just shops???

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
you can!

can do it on a lap top!

plug and play systems!

Has this changed in the last 30 days?

Last time I inquired about this system, it was $500 for the guage, $300 for the unlock code and maps were only available from authorized performance partners like SLP. SLP's website states that if you dont buy the unit from them there is a $100 fee for their fuel map to be loaded onto the unit.

http://startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=60&productID=2473

If the fuel/timing tables can be adjusted by the end user in the field, sign me up. But at this point my understanding is the unit is locked out to the average guy.

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
After some phone calls yesterday, that is my understanding too. Has to be done by a shop, which screws my idea

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
I only just noticed that the PCV for the CFI 2 is being offered with timing control capabilities in addition to fuel. Certainly brings them back into the tuning game.

It'd be nice if Bully Dog would offer a package where the end user could perform their own programming for somewhere in between the cost of the PCV & Vipec but I guess the partnerships they have with their dealers will see that, that doesn't happen. LOL!

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
I only just noticed that the PCV for the CFI 2 is being offered with timing control capabilities in addition to fuel. Certainly brings them back into the tuning game.

It'd be nice if Bully Dog would offer a package where the end user could perform their own programming for somewhere in between the cost of the PCV & Vipec but I guess the partnerships they have with their dealers will see that, that doesn't happen. LOL!

Had a conversation with Bullydog yesterday... they discontinued the GT module for the power sports side of things. No funding for future development due to a change in direction after the merger with SCT.

Talked with SLP, they say that this change will not affect them as they are doing most of the R&D. Sounds like they will have an exclusive unit, but the likley hood of ever having user access is pretty much not ever going to happen.

Angermangement890,
Sounds like we have a perfect solution for your request....."If the fuel/timing tables can be adjusted by the end user in the field, sign me up." --- We're available any time to sign you up to use our new PCV with Fuel/Timing control exactly how you've wished for --- :face-icon-small-win

As mentioned, The new Dynojet Power Commander V (PN #19-030 for CFI2 Engines and 19-032 for the AXYS) has the ability to alter fuel and timing in piggyback form. We've been doing this for years on Sportbikes, and have combined the Fuel/Ignition Control into one box for use on Twins such as Harley's, RZR's, or even single cylinders like YZF450's. The latest and greatest unit from us did the same by combining fuel and CDI timing control into one box. These new units avail -100%/+250% fuel adjustment, and +/-20* of timing change. So say the stock ECU is requesting 20* of advance at a range, we can ramp that advance +20 to 40* of advance or retard it -20 to 0* (2S engines aren't really usable at 0* advance - but does show the adjustment range). This range should be plenty to encompass any desired shift in timing. As an added benefit, by having control of the fuel and timing, we can raise the stock RevLimit of the sled if you find yourself hitting it occasionally! Launch control is another nifty feature of this new unit as well as the traditional Map Switch, Accel Pump, and Autotune compatibility found with all Power Commander V products.

It's quite the versatile tuning tool and will unleash some hidden power in your Polaris's!
Feel free to inquire more about our products anytime. I'm Always happy to help.
~T.J.

Premium Features