• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro code problem... code 35...

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Wife was riding her Nytro this weekend and it threw code #35 and the check engine light came on. Basically it felt like it had fouled a plug. You could ride it for a few 100 yards and then it would clean out, but if you slowed down it would come back. Called the dealer from the mountain and they said that #3 cylinder was not firing and that it could be a coil, a connection or plug. After sitting for a while it ran almost all the way back to the truck without issue (10 miles), the code came up one time but then went away again.
Got it back to the cabin and checked all connections and put dialectic grease on every electrical connection I could find. I was going to pull the plug but I couldn't figure out how to remove the cap and I didn't want to damage anything.
She rode it all day the next day and it ran fine, but yesterday the code came back again and stayed on longer. On the way back to the truck the code would go away but it didn't seem to run as good as it did. We had another Nytro with us and ours seemed to have less power even without the code.
Sled is going to the dealer in the morning to get figured out.

FYI... the sled has 250 miles on it, before this it ran fine and is a dream in the deep. Played on a few hills and it climbs very well... Put the wide Gen II's on it and she really likes the way it handles now.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
from the service manual, 35 is a #3 cylinder ingnition coil (faulty coil). malfunction detected in the primary lead of the #3 ignition coil. has the diagnostic code of 32

diagnostic code 32 says:if the grip warmer side of the grip thumb warmer adjustment switch is pushed, actuates the cyl 3 ignition coil and displays the self diagnosis warning indicator 5 times at 1 second intervals.

after pushing switch, check that a spark is produced 5 times.

ski

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Dropped it off at the dealer today... good news is they were able to figure it out and ordered parts. Bad news is... it is the ECU and it is back ordered in the states and it looks like Japan is as well. They figure 1-2 weeks if everything works out right. The dealer is calling their rep to see if he can help out. They'd pull one from a new unit but they only have 2 left and they don't want it sitting there for 2 weeks waiting for a part (don't blame them) on top of this I didn't buy the sled from this dealer and they are working with me the best they can. :)

Figures... been a Cat guy for 10+ years and this is the first Yamaha I've bought.:confused:

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
did you tell them you sank it in the lake? that may have caused the problem

;)

that's funny chit right there. :)

scott, what's juli's fuel mileage like? the MPGs, small tank and crappy shocks are my only complaints about the sled (as long as i don't see a code 35)...its the funnest damn sled i've ever ridden.

Premium Features