• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To do or not?

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Turbo a new T3.

Do the math and see what will work for you.

If you can score a T3, you'll most likely pay full pop for it. Pro is 3 years old, not 3 inch, etc. etc.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i think long term, you would enjoy the t3 more. the boosted pro is fun but they just don't last that long. super light build sled and boost just tears them apart. its a blast, i have worked on and rode a lot, but if you want pull rope and go every day, the t3 will get you deep in the hills and maybe not as fast as a boosted pro but for the avereage rider/wrencher I think you will get a lot more reliable smiles out of the T3.

until you have rode a 174 3"... its hard to explain. Even guys on the stock pro that went from 2.4 to the 3 was a world of difference in how it just chugs along. with the length width and paddle heigh on the 174 t3.... you just keep on scootin uphill.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I had a 2014 Summit X 163" that I put a 3" camoplast X3 3" on and.......WOW.

I now am waiting on a T3 174". What skidoo did for making the T3 a package should work really well. Dropping the chain case, freeing up space in the front of the tunnel etc. It should work really well.

jjmyzrider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
Helena, MT
I debated buying a blown PRO RMK, we know there are a few out there, and building it with a big bore and with a 3" track. I looked into the cost of doing that and weighed it against snow checking a new sled. I figured with all of the money into the mod sled I still would be under the price of a new sled. I am coming off a mod sled that has been very reliable for me, and very good to me. But the amount of effort to get "Old Yeller" to the areas we ride, is way more than my buddies on their new sleds. After riding the same sled for 11 seasons, I wanted to get the latest technologies available. For that reason, I ordered a T3 163.
I looked at Arctic Cat, Polaris, and Skidoo. I like the Cat motor, and the sled handled well for me. But when I asked the Rep at Expo in West if they fixed the belt issues, he said "what issues, we haven't had any". If Polaris would have upgraded their motor I might have gone with them, I like that sled as well. I went with skidoo, because they made the most changes, and I like the E-tec engine, and the 3" track. Also, I have no time to work on my sled, so a 4 yr warranty was a good option for me.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
If you ride a lot of trees don't by a turbo....if you climb a lot of big chutes get a turbo.

DPG
My 3 inch 880 outclimbs T poo all the time and is awesome in the trees. The Turbo is really great for chutes however too slow to spool in the trees, Even the quickest spooling has a delay in the hit. There is no smokeing gun do all settup. The T Poo s in group sure miss there old BB in the trees, when we get to the crest the T,s shine however the rest of the day no so much.

Last edited:
Premium Features