• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

viper aftermarket parts

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Is fall here yet?? Havent seen a whole lot of aftermarket parts for the viper. Are the pro climb parts transferable to the viper. killing time till fall.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Most of the Proclimb stuff, such as suspension/chassis parts will fit. There is actually a pretty good selection of light weight items available, if that's what your looking to do.:face-icon-small-coo

Bill

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Most of the Proclimb stuff, such as suspension/chassis parts will fit. There is actually a pretty good selection of light weight items available, if that's what your looking to do.:face-icon-small-coo

Bill

looking at seat options and riser and bar options. when I rode the viper I really didnt like the feel or setup of the break lever. I'm sure I will get used to it after riding it, but the pull seemed to far out and stiff.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
looking at seat options and riser and bar options. when I rode the viper I really didnt like the feel or setup of the break lever. I'm sure I will get used to it after riding it, but the pull seemed to far out and stiff.

The demo I rode the brakes felt very stiff, and I thought that odd as our 2014 Viper we use one or two fingers and it is VERY responsive.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
#1 is lightweight stuff

The basics that apply to the Viper (reflashes etc on 1100s are #1). I think the turbo kit goes without saying.

1. battery - ballistic, Evo, Speedcell
2. Hood - C3, mountain fit, diamond s
3. Rear shock replacement - ZBros
4. Wheelie kit - OVS, ZBros
5. Seat - wrp, boss, Skinz,

More spendy:

6. Front shocks - Raptors, Exit
7. Belt drive (if you can live without reverse), I've had three 1100's and had hyvos without reverse or C3 belt drive.
8. Full skid - Kmod, Timber, Baker, M10 etc

M

Mr Nasty

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, alaska
I think the hottest thing going right now is the air box mod and the clutching fix.

I think I'm going to get a battery, roll over valve w/ tether, riser, airframes, and hopefully a nextlvl windshield bag if it will fit. I ordered the le so I'm going to ride the shocks for a little while.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
The basics that apply to the Viper (reflashes etc on 1100s are #1). I think the turbo kit goes without saying.

1. battery - ballistic, Evo, Speedcell
2. Hood - C3, mountain fit, diamond s
3. Rear shock replacement - ZBros
4. Wheelie kit - OVS, ZBros
5. Seat - wrp, boss, Skinz,

More spendy:

6. Front shocks - Raptors, Exit
7. Belt drive (if you can live without reverse), I've had three 1100's and had hyvos without reverse or C3 belt drive.
8. Full skid - Kmod, Timber, Baker, M10 etc

Viper gears are not same as cat, even the jackshaft is different. Unless you know of somebody doing Viper belt drive?

First thing Viper needs is ski change the stock are awful.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
One thing to watch is the rails. Myself and a couple other people had both rails bend near the front shock/suspension arm on our proclimbs. The theory is that the powdercoat weakened the aluminum and the pressure of the bogey wheels (no cross shaft) caused them to buckle. The new rails have been on for 500 miles with no issue, so there may have just been a bad batch of rails.

So in light of that issue myself and others went with a bdx inner idler wheel kit that puts wheels on the cross shaft for the front shock and yanked the stock wheels to avoid the torsional pressure they put on the rail. On top of that I put on a bdx anti stab kit to keep the track safe. There are also rail stiffeners out there but I haven't tried them out.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
One thing to watch is the rails. Myself and a couple other people had both rails bend near the front shock/suspension arm on our proclimbs. The theory is that the powdercoat weakened the aluminum and the pressure of the bogey wheels (no cross shaft) caused them to buckle. The new rails have been on for 500 miles with no issue, so there may have just been a bad batch of rails.

So in light of that issue myself and others went with a bdx inner idler wheel kit that puts wheels on the cross shaft for the front shock and yanked the stock wheels to avoid the torsional pressure they put on the rail. On top of that I put on a bdx anti stab kit to keep the track safe. There are also rail stiffeners out there but I haven't tried them out.

I asked Ice Age about powder coating the rails I bought from them and they said NOT to do it as it would weaken the rail.....take it for what it is worth.

Premium Features