• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cooke city four wheeling

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
We are planning a trip next week to cooke city. Does anyone know if there are many width restrictions for four wheeler trails? I have a 50" wide Polaris rzr but I have wheels spacers on it and wider wheels and tires, just wondering if I need to take them off to be able to ride the trails. Any info would be great. Thanks.

jjmyzrider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
Helena, MT
Rules state less than 50", My atv is just under that, but a little wider stance than most atvs, and its noticeable by looking at another atv next to it. However, no forest service personnel has ever asked to measure it. legally yes, however the odds of getting checked are slim to none.

Check out Morrison Jeep Trail, for an off road ride.

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
Ive been on the Morrison jeep trail before but I cant remember if its a 50" trail or not. The last time I was on it it was when I had a four wheeler. Is the Morrison a 50" trail? We thought about going on it again this year.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I know a group of guys that take their side by sides up there and run around and none of them are 50" wide. Mavericks, Rzr XPs, and a Wildcat. I don't think they have been hassled about it yet.

M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
last year there was jeeps and arctic cat wildcats on the Morrison.

anybody know what the snow is like? headed to cooke with atv's july 31.

thanks

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Where is the Morrison Trail? The one west of Dell, up Big Sheep Creek?

Premium Features