• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ortovox

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Found the 26 Ortovox pack system on for $650 new . It dosnt say it has shovel of probe storage, Anyone have first hand info on this bag?

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
mass/canister/trigger

There are three pieces to that system, the bag, the M.A.S.S. airbag unit, and the activation kit (cyl and trigger). Make sure that you have all three or you will be buying more stuff to make it work.

it has dedicated storage for shovel and probe, pretty nice layout, i dont really care for the velcro on the waist belt, it will freeze up on ya, and there is not the ability to carry a water bladder.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
There are three pieces to that system, the bag, the M.A.S.S. airbag unit, and the activation kit (cyl and trigger). Make sure that you have all three or you will be buying more stuff to make it work.

it has dedicated storage for shovel and probe, pretty nice layout, i dont really care for the velcro on the waist belt, it will freeze up on ya, and there is not the ability to carry a water bladder.

would you buy the same pack again or suggest something else?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
shes on the way. $656 complete for the Ortovox 26.thanks

very high grade pack, along with that is thicker material and a little more weight that other packs with thin material , This thing will likely last a lifetime [ assuming I pull the handle}

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
very high grade pack, along with that is thicker material and a little more weight that other packs with thin material , This thing will likely last a lifetime [ assuming I pull the handle}

Sounds like a winner, being the ABS based unit I had no doubts! They are a very good pack.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Sounds like a winner, being the ABS based unit I had no doubts! They are a very good pack.

there is no pressure guage however the canister seems like it has weight, Does the nitrogen add weight and if it leaks out should I be able to tell?

Premium Features