• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who else is waiting on Dynojet

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Posted in General section as well. I bought a 950 kit last year which came with the PCV with ignition control. It failed and I was told that 90 percent of the ignition control modules failed. Sent my unit back in June and was told that it would be Nov, Dec before I got my unit back. Got a phone call in Dec from dynojet saying I should have it by mid Dec. Then it was christmas, not its Jan. They sent my a fuel only module but the problem with that is I need a timing key. That's why I purchased the timing control version. So, needless to say I am a bit frustrated. Isnt this what they do? Anybody else out there having the same problems? At this point I am thinking about switching to the boony box. And scrapping power commander all together. Cant believe it! Come on guys. Your professionals not amateurs.

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
PCV

Just give it a little longer and you will be happy. These guys are great guys and are working hard to get the new ones out. I need one also but the snow sucks now so when we get them hopefully we will have snow to ride.

Cheers

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I hear what your saying. But I have been told 3 different months now Nov, Dec, and now Jan. The seasons are short here and now they are cutting into my riding time. So, I wonder how hard they are really trying. I want to believe that but the reality is that I can't ride without it.

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
PCV

You will get it shortly, Anyone who had the old style CDI will be getting one sent as soon as they get done with then. By the time you got a boon box and get it figured out you would have been riding so like I say give it a little longer. Snow is just not coming this year yet and man I need to get out but not to trash my sleds. It seems to me anyhow that if one of my projects go together easy I have nothing but problems on the hill but if I have to wait and get the wrong parts or nothing goes smooth once I FINALLY get it done it rip's and I don't have to open the hood. Just my experience.

Cheers:face-icon-small-ton

Anylizer

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2005
Top 'O the Great Basin... almost
I hear what your saying. But I have been told 3 different months now Nov, Dec, and now Jan. The seasons are short here and now they are cutting into my riding time. So, I wonder how hard they are really trying. I want to believe that but the reality is that I can't ride without it.

Just a question.... would you rather they rush through the re-development and have more problems? Which might cause you more of a loss through out the season. Or let them get the job done correctly even if it takes longer than planned.

I have used both Booney boxes & Pc... Pc is a far better product than Boondockers.

Be patient... if it was easy everyone would be doing it! They need test time on the snow also. DO you think they do their testing in the summer?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I know the guy that does their field testing in Bozeman and talked to him a few weeks ago. Sounds like they are swamped. He is even contemplating selling his personal sled because he doesn't have time to ride it with all the R&D riding he is doing/catching up on. The other thing is that the snow pack in the area sucks. Hard to do testing validation when there is no snow.

JeepThing

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2009
Bellingham,Wa
Just put a timing key in it. It will run amazing with a 4 degree key and the standard box. Trust me I know went through 5 boxes between mid 13 and winter 13-14. I had the early release of the box when I got my 950 the spring of 13. They told me there was no problem but we did find after a couple there was. have been in contact with stan and tj. If you put a key in it when you get a box with timing control you should be able to leave the key in and retard the timing.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
just run it with out timing

It will ruin fine without the timing. I not sure I understand your statement I am thinking of just putting a boondocker box on? Is that just to show them? Or are you thinking that it will run better by you spending another $5-$700 on a boondocker box vs the standard powercomander?

I am in the same boat waiting on the timing boxes but I would rather wait and have a quality product vs a half azzed product.

I am waiting on snow might as well wait on parts as well.

Hello Fellow 4M Members!

Yes that time has come! - I know everyone is itching to get some more parts and are excited for the winter season....
And your timing couldn't be more perfect! I just watched our first batch of Version 2.0 Fuel + Ignition control boxes run down our production line. These new units are things of beauty and we've really taken the time to nail down the re-design process. We appreciate your patience to let us get this done the correctly.
Despite our poor snowpack, I've been out 5 days already this year in West Yellowstone, Cooke City, and the Gallatin range for some early pre-season testing to ensure product reliability. Those Testing days (despite clicking through rocks and grass with the skis) went flawlessly.
Again, 90% of the old boxes were absolutely fine. There's plenty left in the field and running without issue.
Along the way if you did experience a problem, called us to set up a return authorization last season (and even some now), you could be shipped a replacement fuel only module upon request to keep you riding.
These customers with documented issues will be the first to receive their new replacement box - right on time for Christmas :) as shipping should begin early next week.

P.S. - and yes I'll be putting up my own Turbo Pro for sale. As mentioned, with so much work to do here, riding SnowBikes as well, and riding Demo machines as the mountain Editor for SnowGoer, my own poor sled doesn't get enough time put on her.

Thanks everyone for your continued interest in Dynojet Products!
~T.J.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I am also waiting now. As far as the boondocker box goes. I like the ability to be able to make on snow changes with the changes in elevation, temperature, etc. I purchased a windows 7inch pad. Seems to run the software fine and should allow me the ability to make changes. I don't want to put in a timing key as I am tired of wrenching and not being able to test it. So, I certainly hope that I get the box before Christmas as I am planning on riding the weekend after. I like all of you love to ride and get really frustrated when I have to wait on a warranty part. How many of you had been stuck waiting on something that impacts your season. I've missed 2 great powder days and don't want to miss anymore just like everyone else on this forum. It was my understanding that there was a part that failed due to engine temps. You would think that if it was solely a temp thing they could have early tested that and had a working prototype going into the season. Anyways, I am hopeful that it works and if not I have a fuel only box and a 4 degree timing key waiting if it doesn't. I think dynojet is a great company and they have been helpful so far

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
I am also waiting now. As far as the boondocker box goes. I like the ability to be able to make on snow changes with the changes in elevation, temperature, etc. I purchased a windows 7inch pad. Seems to run the software fine and should allow me the ability to make changes. I don't want to put in a timing key as I am tired of wrenching and not being able to test it. So, I certainly hope that I get the box before Christmas as I am planning on riding the weekend after. I like all of you love to ride and get really frustrated when I have to wait on a warranty part. How many of you had been stuck waiting on something that impacts your season. I've missed 2 great powder days and don't want to miss anymore just like everyone else on this forum. It was my understanding that there was a part that failed due to engine temps. You would think that if it was solely a temp thing they could have early tested that and had a working prototype going into the season. Anyways, I am hopeful that it works and if not I have a fuel only box and a 4 degree timing key waiting if it doesn't. I think dynojet is a great company and they have been helpful so far

I wonder if the same guys defending dynojet would feel the same way if they had tons of snow and had been waiting 3 months for a replacement?

Not saying they have a bad product but I would be pissed to after three months...

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Hello Fellow 4M Members!

Yes that time has come! - I know everyone is itching to get some more parts and are excited for the winter season....
And your timing couldn't be more perfect! I just watched our first batch of Version 2.0 Fuel + Ignition control boxes run down our production line. These new units are things of beauty and we've really taken the time to nail down the re-design process. We appreciate your patience to let us get this done the correctly.
Despite our poor snowpack, I've been out 5 days already this year in West Yellowstone, Cooke City, and the Gallatin range for some early pre-season testing to ensure product reliability. Those Testing days (despite clicking through rocks and grass with the skis) went flawlessly.
Again, 90% of the old boxes were absolutely fine. There's plenty left in the field and running without issue.
Along the way if you did experience a problem, called us to set up a return authorization last season (and even some now), you could be shipped a replacement fuel only module upon request to keep you riding.
These customers with documented issues will be the first to receive their new replacement box - right on time for Christmas :) as shipping should begin early next week.

P.S. - and yes I'll be putting up my own Turbo Pro for sale. As mentioned, with so much work to do here, riding SnowBikes as well, and riding Demo machines as the mountain Editor for SnowGoer, my own poor sled doesn't get enough time put on her.

Thanks everyone for your continued interest in Dynojet Products!
~T.J.

Tj, can you confirm shipment of units? I called you guys on Friday and was told there were no production units ready to ship and that you would be working hard on Monday and Tues to get production units finished and shipped. I was also told that if you didn't get units ready for shipping that it would be the following week due to the holiday. I would really like to ride the weekend after Christmas as we just got hammered again with the fluffy white stuff. Its killing me looking at my sled sitting in my garage with the hood off waiting on the box. I will probably call again but since I seem to get conflicting info I thought I would bump this thread.

jbusch,

The units built here in MT shipped to our Las Vegas Corporate/Shipping headquarters on Thursday - which will arrive today. While we build all base units here in MT, Vegas puts everything in nice boxes with install guides and loads maps to be sent to customers. They will fulfill orders/warranty repairs ASAP as they do know customers are waiting for this PCV during this time of year.
Thanks Guys!
Enjoy the white stuff and Happy Holidays!
~T.J.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
They are rockin now on the PCV with timing. We are stocked up good on them now as well as auto tune and POD 300s.

Premium Features