Low end bog - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum
For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

New Thread

Go Back   SnoWest Snowmobile Forum > Performance & Modifications > Arctic Cat > Arctic Cat: M Series

SnoWest
Register Forums New Posts Classifieds Garages

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member

DLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant future
Garage
Question Low end bog

I have an 05 m7. Out of the hole it has a real bad bog. Once you get about to 5000 rpms it clears up.. Any ideas?
Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-08-2010, 08:01 PM

diggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond repute

That is a common problem with the M7. Check your primary clutch belt to sheave clearance, it should be .010 to .015" some had as much as .060. Check belt deflection. With the clutching right, if you still have the bog, I have found that a RKT head with domes around 13/1 to 14/1 seem to clean it up quite abit.

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Basic Member

DLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant futureDLish715 has a brilliant future
Garage

Belt deflection is perfect. I'm running at sea level. The sled is unrideable. It falls on its face out of the hole.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 AM

diggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond reputediggerdown has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked your tps and tors?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Basic Member

Garage

You lost me on that one?
Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 PM

tps is mounted on the throttle bodies and tells the ecu where your throttle is to adjust the engine timing. The tors is the throttle safety switch whick is the little plunger at the base of the throttle flipper on the bars. The tors have been the source of many problems but act as a safety switch in case of a frozen throttle cable. You flipper should have about 1/8" of freeplay space between it and the housing. You will notice the flipper "floats" in the pivot hole and has o-rings that help maintain a certain tension fit. You can unplug the switch and see if it helps with performance.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Currently: Waiting for Winter

Tempest has a reputation beyond reputeTempest has a reputation beyond reputeTempest has a reputation beyond reputeTempest has a reputation beyond reputeTempest has a reputation beyond reputeTempest has a reputation beyond reputeTempest has a reputation beyond reputeTempest has a reputation beyond reputeTempest has a reputation beyond reputeTempest has a reputation beyond reputeTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Some aftermarket cans would make the already bad M7 bog worse. The RKT head will help clean up the bottom end alot.

09 M8 SP 162

05 M7 153
Old 02-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Basic Member

Garage
Exclamation

So I've gone through pretty much the entire sled and yet still the bog. I recently just cleaned my power valves which helped for a little bit and now the bog is back. I also noticed that the bog is starting to show on the higher rpms. Its almost like a dead spot and you thumb it through and its great. Did a compression test 126 on each cylinder. The problem does not occur every time. It responds quite snappy sometimes. I am at a complete loss i have had this sled ripped apart so many times and yet the problem still consisits!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Basic Member

arcticM7cat is an unknown quantity at this point

i had the same problem with my M7 for 2 years. last year there was a post about this problem. the fix was to take the clear tube coming out of your ecu and run it along your main wiring harness beside your motor instead of it going down into the belly of your motor. i ran it beside my motor and the bog was gone.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Basic Member

Bighairybeast is just really niceBighairybeast is just really niceBighairybeast is just really niceBighairybeast is just really niceBighairybeast is just really niceBighairybeast is just really niceBighairybeast is just really niceBighairybeast is just really niceBighairybeast is just really niceBighairybeast is just really niceBighairybeast is just really nice

On my 07 M8 I experienced low end bog that was slowly working its way into the higher Rpm's. Eventually it got almost unridable as it would crap out on a climb if I burped the throttle at all. It ended up being broken reeds. More involved to check but if all else fails.....
Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Basic Member

Garage

Reeds are brand new
Old 02-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Basic Member

donttelmywife is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

I just picked up an f7 doing the same thing now that its home. Is there a way to make a tps setting tool?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Basic Member

Garage

I unplugged the throttle sensor and the kil switch no difference any other ideas?
Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Currently: living the dream

hardcore2 has a reputation beyond reputehardcore2 has a reputation beyond reputehardcore2 has a reputation beyond reputehardcore2 has a reputation beyond reputehardcore2 has a reputation beyond reputehardcore2 has a reputation beyond reputehardcore2 has a reputation beyond reputehardcore2 has a reputation beyond reputehardcore2 has a reputation beyond reputehardcore2 has a reputation beyond reputehardcore2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your clutches are done .
Old 02-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Basic Member

m7 has a reputation beyond reputem7 has a reputation beyond reputem7 has a reputation beyond reputem7 has a reputation beyond reputem7 has a reputation beyond reputem7 has a reputation beyond reputem7 has a reputation beyond reputem7 has a reputation beyond reputem7 has a reputation beyond reputem7 has a reputation beyond reputem7 has a reputation beyond repute

Put a fresh stock primary spring in and cat orange in secondary. get your deflection set good and see what happens. Also check for the tail light wiring shorting out i heard the 05 had problems with that.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Basic Member

Garage

I have the 03 f7, i'll get the springs and check the wiring also. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Currently: Making Money

TheJett29 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJett29 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJett29 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJett29 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJett29 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJett29 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJett29 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJett29 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJett29 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJett29 has a reputation beyond reputeTheJett29 has a reputation beyond repute

Call Thunder Products or go to their web site, thunderproducts.com
you need their injector perfector, this is a must on a m7.
Best money you will ever spend on a m7, about $45.

Later
Jett
Old 02-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Basic Member

Garage

Ok so I plugged my ethanol switch back in even though I run 89 withe ethanol and seems to take the bog right away solved the problem. I know all that does is adjust the timing. But any Ideas of why this would make such a big differnece even though Im running fuel with ethanol