• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker box and AFR gauge on a pro???

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
Just curious to see if anyone is running a boondocker box and a AFR on there pro? I am running a mntk fix kit and a 13-1 par head. I was hitting Det bad enough that it would go into limp mode so i started mixing in some race gas and so far so good. It would always happen at about half throttle so figured it was probably a bit lean in the midrange. Just wanted some feed back if there was some power to be gained with the BD box and what numbers others were running. I ride mostly in the 5000-7000'. Thanks for any info

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Just curious to see if anyone is running a boondocker box and a AFR on there pro? I am running a mntk fix kit and a 13-1 par head. I was hitting Det bad enough that it would go into limp mode so i started mixing in some race gas and so far so good. It would always happen at about half throttle so figured it was probably a bit lean in the midrange. Just wanted some feed back if there was some power to be gained with the BD box and what numbers others were running. I ride mostly in the 5000-7000'. Thanks for any info

The pros are lean in the mid range, especially if you add compression it causes det in the mid range. but I run a boonie box and afr on my sled but run totally different setup than you so can't help you there but I would get a box for sure

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Did you check your squish?

I have a 12.8 head and set my squish to 55 (as tight as I would go) last season (stock pistons) and had slight det issues to 4000' with non eth 91. A second map for the way up was my way of dealing with it last season.

The mnkt pistons I got were 3 thou taller giving me a 52 squish (too tight), So I went to a safer 58.

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
How did you get a larger squish? use a thicker head gasket? It seems to be good now that i run some race fuel or av gas. if thats what i have to do i am ok with that. I am really happy with the throttle response and power so far. thanks

Premium Features