• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Ski Doo????

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
my wish list

-still waiting for a factory 2 stroke turbo
-a solenoid that activates your breaks when your tether is pulled
-ski breaks would also be nice
- longer paddles

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Bigger for sure. Better? Depends on who's riding it where.
I say a stock 174 track. And why not make it a 3" too.
Belt drive is a real possibility also.

I heard close to the same
Factory 163 3 inch paddle or 174 3 inche paddle, with some chaincase mods and a little under the hood. not a big bore though. but lets hope.

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Can't remember where I read it, could have been here and possibly total BS, but something about a new plastic that BRP is using on their Sea-Doo line. It is supposed to be substantially lighter and stronger than what they are using now.

Anyone heard the same?

Joe

Yep it is a composite material that is insanely light. They first introduced the material in the new Spark line which is bare to the bones but offers a ton of customization features. I can see them incorporating some of the same features...the Spark is kind of a build your own you can either keep it just how you get it or add wraps, bags/storage, and other features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
'15 = BNG
'16 new chassis...
motor?? there is a 1000 etec...release???

with the 800 segment so strong...no point in a new motor...lighter weight would be the ONLY real "sales" pitch...BJ

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
here's the thread to the new spark technology

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355112

Unlike the structure of a watercraft, a sled has very little plastic in reality. it appears there's a lot because it covers the front 1/3 of the sled, but from a weight perspective, I don't see this making much difference at all.

Cool idea for THAT industry, but I don't see the crossover. We could possibly save what... 3 lbs in plastic?

I cut 1/2 my tail flap off, close enough.

Carbon, TI... etc... this is how you save real weight, not plastics imo.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Unlike the structure of a watercraft, a sled has very little plastic in reality. it appears there's a lot because it covers the front 1/3 of the sled, but from a weight perspective, I don't see this making much difference at all.

Cool idea for THAT industry, but I don't see the crossover. We could possibly save what... 3 lbs in plastic?

I cut 1/2 my tail flap off, close enough.

Carbon, TI... etc... this is how you save real weight, not plastics imo.

It depends how strong is this plastic? Could the bulkhead be made of it? Could the spindles, suspension rails be made of it? Could the chaincase be made of it? Could the a-arms be made of it? That kind of plastic is a structural plastic. I would think it could be pretty strong, but I don't know how strong. It would not likely be a plastic that they would replace hoods and side panels with.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It depends how strong is this plastic? Could the bulkhead be made of it? Could the spindles, suspension rails be made of it? Could the chaincase be made of it? Could the a-arms be made of it? That kind of plastic is a structural plastic. I would think it could be pretty strong, but I don't know how strong. It would not likely be a plastic that they would replace hoods and side panels with.

Good point. I could see it being used for chaincase cover, maybe a few parts that would replace aluminum, but I don't see it working for TOO many things... I'm all for new ideas though, I think that would be cool.

That video is really neat. Im not really into the Seadoo thing right now, but having a more affordable light weight Seadoo is a great idea......hopefully they apply that idea for saller sleds for the younger generation.

I can see that polytek working in alot of areas depending on temp resistance, wearabilty chemical resistance and strength I guess. Things like DI injector housing, chaincase cover, brake covers, bumpers (aluminum ones are done on first hit anyway), how about the heat exchangers??, idler wheels, running board inserts, gas and oil tank, airbox and dash, maybe throttle bodies??? handler bar risers, drivers, belt sheild, tracks clips even....almost endless and interesting! If it can do it and is a bit lighter then why not.

I love my XM, a bit of factory weight drop and a floating factory secondary and Im happy for 2015!

Premium Features