• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

is there a way to test a servo motor?

S
Oct 11, 2010
Colorado Springs
my 07 m8 throws the 1:8 code, my cables were burned from the pipe so i replaced both cables and set them to the 35mm as required, i also rerouted my wires from under the tank, to in front of the tank. Got the sled all put back together and pulled it over, once i get over 5,000 rpm the i get a 1:8 flash again. I had a servo motor form an m1000 that i put on there just to see if I would get same response, and i did. idk if i am able to put the m1 servo on the m8 but they had the same wires.

Any advice on how to get this resolved?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Same servo motor on the M8 and M1000

Make sure that you are at 35mm of EXPOSED cable and also make sure they are not hanging up or really dirty in the cylinders.

Not at the shop right now, but you can ohm test the motor to make sure it is good.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
you put the cables on the right side? I was getting a code like that last season on my 09 CF 600 and with my cables set right it was still giving me a code so i tightened them up a 1/4 at a time and it finally went away. The new systems are alot more touchy then the older ones.

S
Oct 11, 2010
Colorado Springs
you put the cables on the right side? I was getting a code like that last season on my 09 CF 600 and with my cables set right it was still giving me a code so i tightened them up a 1/4 at a time and it finally went away. The new systems are alot more touchy then the older ones.

good question, i noticed that they could go on both sides. and taking it all apart then waiting for parts for a week, this is a good possibility. when you are looking at the servo, do they go in the clutch "right" or the can "left?"

S
Oct 11, 2010
Colorado Springs
went and checked another m sled to see which side the cables are ran, sure enough i had mine on the wrong side started it up and ran like a champ. Thanks a ton..

Now bring on the snow.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
lol Good to hear, I only know this as i have done it a few times years ago and we were scratching our heads for a while trying to figure out on the older models (they dont always flash a code) and you would get no top end and motor felt like it was loading up.

Premium Features