• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

June 14/15 mountain riding, sort of (More updates)

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
This has been one of the best threads lately, don't hold out for the mag in 8 months lets see some more of the stuff up Smiths Fork. I was in Afton on Monday and seen how much snow was up on top, guess I need to get some guys together and head up there.

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
Keith drawing letters in the snow
DSC_3332copy.jpg

Keith laying down
DSC_3222copy.jpg

...and he forgot he wasn't on his CRF for a minute there.
DSC_2541copy.jpg

DSC_2535copy.jpg

Burandt. Can you find him? Can you see what his turnout is like?
DSC_2348copy.jpg

Jared Sessions turning up a chute.
DSC_2319copy.jpg

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
That creek shot of Keith is gooder!
the Nicknames are too:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited by a moderator:

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
Chris
DSC_2020-1.jpg

Look mom,
DSC_2056.jpg

DSC_2696.jpg

Hugging the tree in a non-wacko-extremist way
DSC_2611.jpg

Tail rudder engaged
DSC_2654.jpg

Moving forward, watching the action behind...
DSC_2708.jpg

Keith will be racing this thing next year. And he looks pretty comfortable on it.
DSC_2032copy-1.jpg

Jared cutting a 40mph sidehill on his turbo
DSC_2129-1.jpg

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
any more single track shots? i have seen in the videos what brandt can do on a sled in the trees, i could not imagine what he can do with a bike in the tree's!!! very sick! i bet it was a pleasure to ride and take shots with those guys!!!

I'm betting keep the wheels on the trail and maybe bounce off a tree or rock like the rest of us and try not to loose traction.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Freaking awesome! With over 1400 photos taken, you can give us 3-4 a day for the rest of the summer, THANK YOU!!!:face-icon-small-hap

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
These guys are phenomenal riders. The level they ride at is amazing.

I've got a bunch of Rasmussen that I'll get up tonight. That guy rides to lose anyone trying to follow him. I'm sure he gets up on top of a godforsaken ridge, finds himself alone and just smiles.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
I do have to agree with everyone else, this pics are excellent quality and captured at the right angles. Them pics of Burandt look very good. I'm excited to to see Rasmussen's pics up next.

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
What a killer group to ride with with names like that! Sounds like an amazing weekend! I'm so jealous right now

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
Quick story;

We're riding down in Preston above Bret's ranch, like January 08. The snow is dry, no base. Willows, junipers, serviceberries, sagebrush... just clawing through everything. Guys are digging down to dirt, leaving brown trails up the hillsides. Bret's taking us through the thickest, ugliest spots, sidehilling over logs and rocks. The group's getting smaller and smaller as we go. Just Bret and anyone dumb enough to try to keep following, which by now includes just one of the 'dumb enough.'
We're on 2009 Arctic Cat M8 prototypes, forgot to mention that. The ones with the white bumpers. They're now brown. Windshield piping is dangling off, A-arms are covered in bark residue. The Arctic engineers are sitting back at Bret's shop.
So Bret keeps finding thicker and thicker crap to go through. We're cutting a steep sidehill through bush like the big mule deer like. There's a huge fallen tree to the left of us, and Bret cuts it hard uphill around the end of the tree through a 2-foot gap in the brush and sticks it about 15 feet up, kind of pointing up and back a little the opposite direction. Following in his track, I make the hard left around the tree and look up ahead.
There's the tunnel of Bret's sled, dug down in his trench, brand new with the cool LED tail light Cat went to on the '09s, sitting right in the only possible line. And Bret's waving his arms in a 'pick-up-the-pace' circle, yelling "Keep going! GO! GO! GO!" as loud as he can.
Of course I stopped. He shook his head. I laughed. Because he would have ripped right over the back of that sled without a second though.

--

Professor Rasmussen, on a typical Tuesday afternoon. His technique is flawless (Follow the sequence)

DSC_2665.jpg

DSC_2667.jpg

DSC_2668.jpg

DSC_2669.jpg

5. Note the ski position.
DSC_2671.jpg

DSC_2672.jpg

DSC_2674.jpg

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
"So Junior is coming in hot around turn four hugging the wall, and Stewart comes slinging around his tail.."
DSC_2081.jpg

At least that's what I picture him saying. Thus the name Ricky Bobby. ...Shake and bake!

Just kidding, Chris.
They're really talking about how to whip the sled over the big off-camber.
DSC_1954.jpg

Greatest Generation my ***. Tom Brokaw's a punk! -Walker

Premium Features