• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just watched 509 EVOLUTION!!!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Guess you are right. You paid the $25 so its free game on reviews.

It just irks me a little that a fellow film maker would trash on any one elses films after seeing the effort involved in such a project.

hmm interesting, well did not know he was a filmmaker himself...so that seals it for me, will mark him off the purchase list...Not interested in supporting someone in the industry sniping someone else while pimpin his own product...bad form...

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
I loved this film and have watched the John Heston (sp) segment over and over and over....im totally gay about turbo Ms this year

the camera angles from another hill was sweet and somin new, great work!

Soundtrack

I dont know but what was the song used on for th movie trailer and also in the movie. Kinda slow but kinda catchy.

Chaz

That song would be "Center of Attention" by Jackson Waters, and yes you can download @ I-Tunes, along with Ten penny joke's "She" and "Across the Ocean" their now on my shuffle. I would agree great movie, and I will be looking forward to next years premeir:beer;. For me it's not the big jumps and insane chute climbs it's a combination of good friends, good riding, and good music something that the average rider can relate to. Thanks for a great film Tom and hope you have a great season, see ya all at next years premier.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
eh....
really? :rolleyes:

i have posted here that i really like BD 5, Summit HD ses 2, Sled Heads 4 and i think i posted about the Burandt movie..which is really good btw.

that's the films i've seen this season that i really like...

for me, last season was way better with more really good movies..

and like i say, i buy every title or trade em, so i'm using my own money on 'em so i REALLY want to like em...
but i guess it's bad to be honest here... oh well :rolleyes:

You must be a total bone licker to like Slead Heads 4.....i thought i bought a sled vid and all i get is a little riding with more talking then them beotches on the VIEW:face-icon-small-dis

Only a dumbfack would hate on another film maker who makes films himself....trust me dude, i will take some time to make sure others will buy your vid, jacka$$:D:beer;

S

shwee

Jan 8, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
That song would be "Center of Attention" by Jackson Waters, and yes you can download @ I-Tunes, along with Ten penny joke's "She" and "Across the Ocean" their now on my shuffle. I would agree great movie, and I will be looking forward to next years premeir:beer;. For me it's not the big jumps and insane chute climbs it's a combination of good friends, good riding, and good music something that the average rider can relate to. Thanks for a great film Tom and hope you have a great season, see ya all at next years premier.

That song is a favorite of ours too. :D I downloaded every single song from the soundtrack that I could find on iTunes. There are only 3 that weren't on there.

Tom... This was my favorite movie so far this year and I look forward to the next. Thanks. :beer;:beer;

C
Nov 26, 2007
castlegar bc
The movie is about an hour. I have not seen the extras yet but I expect them to be great too.

I think Sawyer was the only one to mention the QUALITY of th film. Some of the others are grainy and dont have the clairity of 509's film.

The other thing I liked is the optiond for sound. For those who dont know you could have Sled only sounds, Music only through the flick, or a combo of both. Thought this was a cool option.

I cant wait to watch it again!!! This time going to hit the extra's section.

Chaz

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
The movie is about an hour. I have not seen the extras yet but I expect them to be great too.

I think Sawyer was the only one to mention the QUALITY of th film. Some of the others are grainy and dont have the clairity of 509's film.

The other thing I liked is the optiond for sound. For those who dont know you could have Sled only sounds, Music only through the flick, or a combo of both. Thought this was a cool option.

I cant wait to watch it again!!! This time going to hit the extra's section.

Chaz

Watch the Mod Rods Caddy under the extras...YOU'LL LOVE IT!!

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
I knew i shoulda picked this one up at the spokane show! Just didn't want to get hastled at the border for haveing half a dozen sled dvd's in my truck haha. Where'd you pick up your copy chaz? Ill have to add it to the collection after all.

Guess you are right. You paid the $25 so its free game on reviews.

It just irks me a little that a fellow film maker would trash on any one elses films after seeing the effort involved in such a project.

ok.. so i trashed the film now? where?
i only said it wasn't what i hoped and expected....

and, i you READ what i'm saying...i was really excited about your trailer and was looking forward to see the film cause your trailer was my nr1 to watch again and again while waiting for the movies to show up and i was hoping you were headed in that direction with Evo cause that would be totally sick..

C
Nov 26, 2007
castlegar bc
I knew i shoulda picked this one up at the spokane show! Just didn't want to get hastled at the border for haveing half a dozen sled dvd's in my truck haha. Where'd you pick up your copy chaz? Ill have to add it to the collection after all.

Picked it up at playmore but I think she only brought in 3 copies. I ordered it about a month ago but she might still have a copy.

Chaz

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
ok.. so i trashed the film now? where?
i only said it wasn't what i hoped and expected....

and, i you READ what i'm saying...i was really excited about your trailer and was looking forward to see the film cause your trailer was my nr1 to watch again and again while waiting for the movies to show up and i was hoping you were headed in that direction with Evo cause that would be totally sick..

your possibly, trying to play film critic which is fine, but critics are never the same people who make the product they critique...doing so, clearly smacks of conflict of interest or at the least ...

you cannot win this, take it as lesson...but the lesson for some of us, is that we wont be buying Hellclimbers...

A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
people have to realize how much time, expense, and effort goes into making these films. Tom you did a great job and am stoked to see what you cook up next year!!! ttt

D

DRAFTINGMAN

Jan 9, 2008
X
Fantastic VID.....

Great sound trac... Fantastic picture quality...
Even better mix of riding styles and abilities..
Come on guys, what more can you ask for? :D:D

I Bought the first one off the shelf here and have watched it many times.

Use it as a study guide on turning out down hill in powder.. or body motion while carving up a chute! This is Entertaining and educational!!

Try the stuff they do, and see how hard it is .. let alone on camera!

Thumbs up on all counts... This Camera person Rocks:cool::cool::D

Thanks soooo much for getting me pumped for the season!!

C
Nov 26, 2007
castlegar bc
I guess theres allways someone who isn't a fan but
i'm reporting what I thought of the film. My opinions. And, all I have to say about this is 110% POSITIVE!

Keep em coming 509!!!

Chaz

Premium Features