• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Possitive comments for the XP

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
It shure looks good in my garage!
Ive only got 20 miles on it so far and all on the road so I can't say much,I do like how it feals.

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
I am positive I highmarked the cr@p out of a few of them in Revy two weeks ago, hope this helps.

J/K, I am anxious to get on one and see what it's all aboot, eh!

Sledsniper, how could you possibly like the way it felt? I have seen two magazine articles in which the writers put at least 10 miles each on one and they didn't like it. I think your mistaken. Smarten up. LOL J/K

Last edited:
G
Nov 26, 2007
Armstrong BC Canada
Picked my 800 Summit XP up on Friday and rode it both days on the weekend. Absolutely love it, so easy to ride. I cut the plastic off the clutch cover and drilled holes in it for belt cooling but I still blew my first belt in 44 Miles. That is the only complaint I have about the sled. I like it a lot more than my boosted Phazer!

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
I am positive I highmarked the cr@p out of a few of them in Revy two weeks ago, hope this helps.

J/K, I am anxious to get on one and see what it's all aboot, eh!

Sledsniper, how could you possibly like the way it felt? I have seen two magazine articles in which the writers put at least 10 miles each on one and they didn't like it. I think your mistaken. Smarten up. LOL J/K

Untill you ride one I gess you wont know will you.
Grow Up

B
Nov 26, 2007
xp in revy

Holy cow alot of them up there this weekend. Most complaining was about belt problems. Everyone says it runs good but belts were pulling cords like crazy. BD

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
Spent about a week on the demo last year....loved it!! had some clutch issues but was still spanking every other sled out there

L

LongTrack

Nov 26, 2007
Cooke

Hey Mark, who went to Cooke this past weekend? I know there is a few guys just north of us that all ordered new XP's. Dont know if they all got their's yet either.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Worland, WY
Went to togwotee this past weekend and haven't had any problems yet. The sled flat runs. Looked at my belt and it looks fine, just can't wait to ride it in some deeper snow!

D
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, WA
I got on an XP this weekend for the first time, I liked how small the front end felt and I'm Polaris to the Bone (even though I'm open minded). With that said this weekend we watched 07 X model and the 08 XP model go at it and they were pretty much dead even pulling up hills. Not that they are not both good running machines, but I really don't think that the 40 lbs between the two models will make that big of a difference.

V

VRod

Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Great sled besides the known belt issue and the powder bog, in deeper dry powder conditions. A blast to ride. The pinecone theory is now out the window. Hit a couple rocks hard, gouged the skiis good. 200+ miles, so far impressed.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Farr West, Utah
I got on an XP this weekend for the first time, I liked how small the front end felt and I'm Polaris to the Bone (even though I'm open minded). With that said this weekend we watched 07 X model and the 08 XP model go at it and they were pretty much dead even pulling up hills. Not that they are not both good running machines, but I really don't think that the 40 lbs between the two models will make that big of a difference.

wait till that XP gets broke-in, then you'll see.
my 07 XRS took about 150 to 200 miles before
it starting runing real strong.

K
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
From the looks of it, the XP already passed the pinecomb test. :D

pinecombs are no problem, its those damn rocks
smoked one on Friday and bent my lower a-arm and broke my swaybar connector. fairly impressed though no major damage to my bulkhead, a couple of broken rivets. surprized to see how well it held up!!!

I posted on the old forum, but so far I love mine. I only have 45 miles on her, and only a little decent powder riding. Cant wait for some nice deep powder. I did have a wreck, hit either a log or rock under some snow on a climb. Broke the clutch side panel, but no damage to anything else and it was a fairly violent wreck.

M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
I got to ride an XP this weekend. I was pretty impressed, you can really feel how light it is. I have rode Revs a little bit & don't feel comfortable on them but, the XP felt good. The one in our group started shreading a belt but, I think with a little extra cooling it should be fine. All in all I think they are going to be a d*mn good sled. My .02

Premium Features