• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stickers on XP

D
Sep 17, 2008
so. king co.
I will keep this short , does anyone know what to use to get the stickers and the goo from the sticker off on the side panels of an XP, want to get it done with out wrecking the finish of the panel and maybe still have finger nails left when I am done.
Thanks

Q
Nov 28, 2007
Island Park, Id
Warm-up the panel a little with a hair dryer, not too much or the sticker pulls off of the glue, not the glue off of the panel. Peel the sticker right off. If a little glue remains use the sticker to pull it off, just heat the glue with the hair dryer and push the sticker on it and pull back off again. Any glue left use Goof Off, Goo Gone of any of those types of glue remover.

C
Dec 24, 2007
I had mine out in the sun for a while and everything came off super easy. Just make sure you peel while its hot. once it cools off the glue will get sticky again.

C
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary, AB
Warm up with heat gun, sticker should pull right off. Then use wd40 and it will take the rest off no problem. I actually use it to clean the side panels on a regular basis, works pretty good in general.

S
Feb 6, 2008
BRP makes a cleaner and it sucks i like the super clean brand. pretty sure you can find it at most napa's. purple bottle

BC-XP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Kamloops
Do a search, there was a big sticker removal thread on here last season.

Some people were running into problems with the goo remover products discoloring the plasitic panels.

S

snowfreakmn

Nov 27, 2007
Sticker off adhesive remover works good too. I got it at shade tree but the bottle has a web address www.hardlineproducts.com All it took was a small amount rub it on sticker residue and wipe it away. I have used paint thinner also.

Premium Features