• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

too stupid to bleed my brakes

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
Pop the cap off res. and fill with fluid. Start pumping the lever, you will start to see little air bubbles coming up. Keep pumping till it gets firm. You need to pump the lever alot. Cracking the valve on the caliper first to get fluid down to it will help speed things up. Close it and start pumping.

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
I put a longer brake line on my 03 summit and cant figure out how to get them to work again.

Ya I felt the same way!!!LOL I noticed that if I pulled the brake lever just a little that air bubbles would exit the piston on the res. Didnt seem to help if I had the bleeder open on the caliper?? I thought winter would come and go before I got it to work. Just takes time...1.5 hrs on mine. Dino

BigT

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sequim, WA
have an '05. It took forever (it seemed like) to bleed mine. It'll happen just takes time!

BigT

L

longtracksedge

Dec 6, 2007
It's really easy if you just go buy the 5.00 brake bleed bottle from your local parts store. Just do the lever/resevoir first. After no more bubbles from that, then hook up the bottle to the brake bleed screw and keep adding fluid til you don't see any bubbles in the line going from the bleed screw to the bottle. Took about 15 mins to do mine.

Premium Features