• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Photos from Monday's Snowbike ride

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
What dual purpose bikes would this kit work on, id like to get a bike i can ride street leagal in the summer and then also ride it with this kit in the snow for fun? also would it work on a 250 4stroke?

My Honda 450X was set up street legal in the summer. Another one of our buyers' Yamaha WR450 was the same way. We had some great dual sport rides.

The kit would work fine on a 250 4 stroke, but I'd suggest more hp for the mountains-

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Those are fantastic! I sure wish we had powder like that in WA for this coming weekend! :)

I thought it was supposed to be snowing out there???

Just have Annell take you out in the trees on a good North face- maybe you'll find some pow- (see if you can get on the 505 :eek: she even put some pink HMK stickers on it- something about "girl power")

P

pano-dude

Nov 28, 2007
invermere
Sweet!
Those look like a blast. I checked out the video on the website, They look like they rip.
now I need to convince wifey!!

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Those look great. I might have to try one out when I go to Revy the 8-17 of Feb. I rode with Annell in Chile at the ISDE. I bet she rips on those for sure. Too bad Gas Gas didn't make more bikes. I will be riding a 515 this year. That would be perfect!

You guys need to check this link out and vote for Annell.

http://www.tahoefilms.com/pollpages.php?pollid=1

Annell does tear up the snow... she's a great rider. You should be able to see her again in Revy.

Everyone should go vote for her!!!!!

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
SHHHH...
Dont tell everyone that you'll be at Stampede, I have to ride from that zoo of a snow park to meet a group at their cabin and if word gets out about a demo ride there on those set-ups it's gonna be crowded!
If I see your group of bikes there I'll say hi, take some pics and watch for a while but I'm not much of a two wheeler. I crash too damn much!
You know us "Couch riders" as snowhawkpest calls us ! ;)

R
Nov 26, 2007
COSTCO
looks awsome saw a few at the big iron shoot out last year rippin it up ! do you guys have to rejet when you reach the alpine and how do they compare to snow hawks?

W
Jan 2, 2008
what is the 'best' bike for this thing?
I'm bikeless right now, sold my KTM 380MXC last summer and I won't ever own an offbrand bike again (Husqvarna/Husaberg etc) I had a Husky and it was a nitemare for parts etc.

so how bad is it when you hit a stump or rock?

can you ride in low snow conditions?

does twigs/branches and brush tangle in the track?

or do you suggest not ride in marginal snow?

where is your Turbo projects!!>??

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Thanks for posting those pics!! Man that looks like a blast!! I don't think I could ditch the sled for it, but if I have an extra $4K in october....hmmmmmmmm

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
looks awsome saw a few at the big iron shoot out last year rippin it up ! do you guys have to rejet when you reach the alpine and how do they compare to snow hawks?

Once jetted, we left the bikes alone all year. On my personal Honda 450, I never even changed the jetting from summer to winter. Just adjusted the fuel screw every once in awhile.

Our product allows you to use your own dirtbike year-round.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
what is the 'best' bike for this thing?
I'm bikeless right now, sold my KTM 380MXC last summer and I won't ever own an offbrand bike again (Husqvarna/Husaberg etc) I had a Husky and it was a nitemare for parts etc.

so how bad is it when you hit a stump or rock?

can you ride in low snow conditions?

does twigs/branches and brush tangle in the track?

or do you suggest not ride in marginal snow?

where is your Turbo projects!!>??

My 2 current favorite bikes are the KTM 505 (heard the 530 is sweet too) and the 700 Husaberg. (big bore) Buy whichever bike you like the best on dirt. The handling and motor characteristics are very similiar on snow.

Stump/rocks- certain parts are designed to fail under severe impact conditions; to save more expensive parts. Our front end is very tough, and the rear rails are just like a sleds. If you hit a rock hard enough, the rail will fold, and save the swingarm.

We use twigs/brush/and branches for traction in the December riding- I don't like to ride before it's deep enough, because I CAN'T stay on the trail. I always get too excited.

The Turbo is getting closer!

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Great pics! Those bikes look like they would be a blast to ride. I would love to see one in action. Do you guys ever ride in North Idaho?

D
Nov 27, 2007
For us ex-mx'ers these look pretty neat. That said it seems like they would not do so well in the deep stuff. My old 13.5" wide F7 was like a butter knife in the fluff I can't imagine a 11" wide would do very well. I'd love to try one and if they worked I'd lose my sled in a heart beat. Got any in Colorado?

Premium Features