• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Freak challenge

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
Snow conditions not looking good and we are almost at 1 month away. I bet Tower has nothing on it right now and it takes a good base to make this mtn race-able, which means big snow, some sun, and some more big snow. Just a heads up for those wondering. Helluva year we got going here....:rolleyes:

H
Nov 26, 2007
Preston, Id.
How about moving it north???

A more central location would only help with the turnout, some where
like Island Park, Cooke, Togwotee...

I'd like to see this thing go down, but the chances of getting enough
snow at Tower are pretty slim..

We have rooms booked and vacation scheduled, and I know some even
have plane tickets to concider.

I'm not going to sit on rooms and take vacation I don't need just to have
it bagged at the last minute.

If we were voting, I'd say move it to a location that already has snow or
change the date. People aren't going to get serious about going on a trip
that most likely won't happen.

Let us know Freak

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
Nothing new........you looking for a way out. Irem will always be the champ in my book!

Dude its been like 3 years since I stole the fastest sled title away from your hero and youre still bitter..... maybe you should consider a therapist to help you let it go.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Snow conditions not looking good and we are almost at 1 month away. I bet Tower has nothing on it right now and it takes a good base to make this mtn race-able, which means big snow, some sun, and some more big snow. Just a heads up for those wondering. Helluva year we got going here....:rolleyes:

Do you guys remember fall of 03? It was bare bones up until Chritmas day were we got 2 1/2' of snow downtown SLC. The avalanche advisory for that week was "don't go out your front door without a beacon b/c the snow from your roof could bury/kill you". I wont to anything rash, (move to canada) until we are actually in winter (end of December) and if the snow conditions havn't changed.

BTW hey Alaska since you guys are hogging all the Precipitation in North America, are those @#$@#$ glaciers getting any bigger. I can't stand this new enviromental fad the media is fabricating for themselves.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Do you guys remember fall of 03? It was bare bones up until Chritmas day were we got 2 1/2' of snow downtown SLC. The avalanche advisory for that week was "don't go out your front door without a beacon b/c the snow from your roof could bury/kill you". I wont to anything rash, (move to canada) until we are actually in winter (end of December) and if the snow conditions havn't changed.

BTW hey Alaska since you guys are hogging all the Precipitation in North America, are those @#$@#$ glaciers getting any bigger. I can't stand this new enviromental fad the media is fabricating for themselves.

Amen brotha. All the way down to the last comment!

C
I agree with Hobb-z, if it happens farther north like Cooke or Island park of somewhere you will probably get more people. Jason Busat would like to come but it's too far to drive for a couple of days and take the chance on weather.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
I am sure there will still be alot of folks there. Utah has a few fast sleds itself. It might not draw the boys from north of the border, but hey, you win some and lose some.
I have never been to tower mtn though. How does it compare to say, Cornice ridge up Tony's?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Murray Utah
It is Brad's quad... Didn't steal the photo... he had me post it a while back and I thought I'd put it up again on the new 4M....How do you know the Big Knuckle Dragger anyway?

Premium Features