• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro 5 racing ????

B
Dec 7, 2010
Anyone ever heard of PRO 5 Racing, If so whats the history of them. I checked out the web but it dnt really come up with anything but a futuristic website. I know there based out od Roseau MN but nothing comes up on a race team or a driver by the name of Chris Kennison?

J
Mar 21, 2008
They were founded by 5 guys, most of which worked in the poo race dept or independant race teams, engineers ect. I believe one of them was Larry Rugland. I think they have built factory race motors in the past but not sure.they go back a long long way. burt basset was one of the other owners

Last edited:
B
Dec 7, 2010
Thanks John, I just purchased a 06 IQR with a 600 MOD in it. The title is made out to PRO-5 and the motor was built by them, so I was wondering the history of them. I came across the Burt Basset name on the internet, I will have to give him a call. Thanks again

derracing

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2009
pro 5 is out of Roseau MN the build good stuff my first water cross sled was from them worked go for me

T
Dec 12, 2007
Pro 5

Friends of my family know most the guys. They are a group of older guys with tons of experience. Yes most all the above is correct from what I know. I met Burt when I was a kid through friends of family while we were doing some water skipping. All swam but a Cat. Burt was nice enough to winch them out with his van he had on the lake. They some down home boys. I have spoke with Larry Several times on phone. His crate motors are unreal! His pipes are way nice also! I would be proud to have one of there machines. I am sure it will work good for you. Good luck

sledboy82

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2008
Fargo, ND
my 660 was in their shop last week. never heard of them till other polaris riders told me about them. hope i dont have anymore problems this year with my sled.

Premium Features