• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hunting Stories/ Campfire lies

Y
Jan 2, 2002
Keenesburg, Co.
We just have to start a new hunting thread. Post pics, stories... lies. ;)

This is the buck I got two weeks ago. Took both boys with me (3 and 5)
on their first deer hunt.

DEER.jpg

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Well last saturday we were going to go duck hunting and I drove into some deep ruts (it was dark) in a frozen corn field and that only took 3 hours to get out.:rolleyes:

B
Nov 26, 2007
nice yammer!!!!

took my oldest (6.5yr old) out this past week down in AL... bagged a nice little 8pt, but I should have let it walk (still the biggest deer I've taken but i digress), dusky light made ID'ing the rack size a bit tough, but my boy wanted the rack for his room so i kept it for him... only field dressed about 150ish or so... no pics though, but its not one i'd mount anyway...

otoh, my boy did awesome out in the stand, he was spottin does for me left and right (bucks were tough to come by during shooting hours)... during the midday when we were out of the stand we went back by the barn and opened up a scoped .22 for him to practice with, he took to it like a duck to water... his first time behind a real gun and he was putting shots thru the 10ring like a seasoned pro... this summer while he's visiting gramma and grampa we're gonna turn him loose on the property with a .17hmr to wittle down the coyote and bobcat populations down there... figure by the end of summer he might be ready for a .223 or even a .243, if he can do the big calibers i'm gonna turn him loose in the stand as the primary shooter after he takes the hunter safety class... it was cool to see him grow so much in just a weeks time... he'd come back with me to the barn and meet up with the other guys (my uncle and a couple friends) and sit and talk with them like he was an adult about the days hunt... it was cool!!!!! can't wait til xmas, he's getting a Diamond Edge bow so we can get practicin for deer season when he can pull back a 40lb draw (legal minimum for where we hunt).... lookin forward to more hunts with him and hopefully soon with my youngest (he just hit 3yrs)

Premium Features