• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Norweigan Roll Call....Any Norske's here?

sled.man

Premium Member
Dec 8, 2007
lynnwood washington
i made lefse with my grandmother as a kid. My grandfather came from Sund Norway in 1920. We also made lefse for this christmas. It was good. My wife also calls me a Norman, but with her North Dakotan bohemian and norwegian heritage, we call her a bowegian.

Mick

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
With a last name of Larson, yup we are Norweigan. I am a Gerweigan(half German and half Norweigan). We have all the Norweigan stuff around the holidays. I can't stomach the fish flavored jello though.(lutifisk)LOL I have tried it baked and boiled and neither are fit for human consumption. My dad and grandmother travel all over to the lutifisk feeds around ND. I stay home and order a pizza.LOL

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
"Uff Da" is not in the dictionary, but for many Scandinavians, It is an all-purpose expression covering a viriety of situations such as:
So many people give me funny looks when I use that expression :) Bad habbit from my gradfather (100% norske) and my uncle. Who else hates having christmas without having Krumkaka?

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
mmmm...krumkake

Krumkake_done.jpg

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
WOuld love some Krumkake about now. On the way home from boozing at a friends house had to stop by the store and pickup some stuff to make more Lefse. The batch we made 2 weeks ago ran out quick. Mabe make some flatbread too. Mur season is coming up soon! Anyone else make spitchamor? (Not sure of the spelling.)

Last edited:
O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
WOuld love some Krumkake about now. On the way home from boozing at a friends house had to stop by the store and pickup some stuff to make more Lefse. The batch we made 2 weeks ago ran out quick. Mabe make some flatbread too. Mur season is coming up soon! Anyone else make spitchamor? (Not sure of the spelling.)

wtf is spitchamor? can't work out anything that sounds like that...

Tomorrow it's new years eve, and time for some Pinnekjøtt...

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
wtf is spitchamor? can't work out anything that sounds like that...

Tomorrow it's new years eve, and time for some Pinnekjøtt...

It's basically hamburger that is spiced and cured with saltpeter. We then use natural casing like pigs intestine for the sausage casing. Then the ends are tied together in a "U" shape and several rings are hung on a pole hung horizontally in a cold room and allowed to dry for several weeks. It's good by itself or we would typically eat it with mush. (Mush=warm milk with flower added until it turned into almost a lumpy wallpaper paste then put it on a plate and cover with butter sugar and cinnemon.) Don't know if some of the stuff we eat is regional to Norway either. Our Lefse is a bit different than others I've tried. Our family ancestry trace back to the area of Merakur (Trondheim)

Last edited:
Premium Features