• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP comments

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I have a comment or two about the XP.
I snow checked an XP, was VERY intrigued, however cancelled the snow check and went back to an M, due to the fact of it being new and thought it might be best to wait a year.
Now here are my comments, I spent some time on an Everest 154, I rode this sled again and again, I cannot get used to the chassis, it is by far the hardest sled to throw around that I have ever ridden, now my M chassis with a longer track (162) is 10 times easier to ride, I can lay it on its side do a 180 with little or no effort in comparision to the doo
I have come to the conclusion that its the placement of the rider, I really wanted to like the sled but i cannot adjust.
The vibration through the handlebars reminded me of the Polaris 900 nightmare all over again.
I have seen quite a few in action and am VERY disappointed, now whenever I see them I wonder how the hell people enjoy riding them at all!
Someone please tell me am I the only one who dislikes this sled?

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
After riding an M8, M1000 and Dragon 700 this season I'd have to say that I liked the Dragon IQ chassis the best. Took no effort when handling the Dragon. But there is no comparison when you talk about the power difference between the Dragon 700 and M1000. I'd have to pick up at least a Dragon 800 for my power likings...

Last edited:
C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
Some people like Pepsi, & some like Coke. Ride your M sled, and be happy with it. It's all what your used to riding. I could adapt to any of the sleds within a month or so, but I prefer the Rev chasis. If everybody thought the same way, we'd only need 1 manufacture, and that would make snowmobiling pretty boaring.

T
Oct 21, 2002
Idaho
I have done some reading on the forum here and find your issue with its handling may have some merit for in-experienced riders. I have not ridden mine yet this weekend but will do so and give full reports.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Im just surprised T/A hasnt replied yet. Hey bud, let us here your thoughts.....

R
Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
Some people like Pepsi, & some like Coke. Ride your M sled, and be happy with it. It's all what your used to riding. I could adapt to any of the sleds within a month or so, but I prefer the Rev chasis. If everybody thought the same way, we'd only need 1 manufacture, and that would make snowmobiling pretty boaring.

What he said

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Love mine. easiest sled to throw around i have ever ridden. outclimbs m1000's with ease in the deep. doo built a winner with this sled imo.

hmm, certainly disagree with that comment, the M1000 probably wasnt clutched properly, rode with two XP's, my M past them climbing up hill with ease probably about 10 mile an hour more track speed, beat the XP everywhere, should be though its a 1000, bone stock & clutched bang on (7200rpm), I was very unimpressed with the XP's

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
This one is for you HYFLYR

Im just surprised T/A hasnt replied yet. Hey bud, let us here your thoughts.....
if you jump from a sled you love to ride to a sled you dont like before you give it a chance you'll hate it...i personally think the 08 x handles noticeabley better than the 06 or the 07 X..i can jump on the 07 dragon and in 5 minutes can do what i want to with it,i personally dont think the IQ chassis is the latest and greatest but its a good sled..the m7 is about the easiest sled to jump on and feel at home on..the 08 doo i have seen come from the dealers have ALL had the riser shoved way forward and it puts to much weight on the skis and makes it hard to throw around,rider position is very important on the new x and if you dont know where to stand it can be a hand full..on the other hand if you do know wher to position the bars it puts you where you should be and is very light and agile to ride,, as far as the m8 and m1000 they dont fit me as well as the m7..i like the new x and feel right at home on it..every one feels different things on sleds they dont own..ride what you like..I AM..:rolleyes:

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
xp

hmm, certainly disagree with that comment, the M1000 probably wasnt clutched properly, rode with two XP's, my M past them climbing up hill with ease probably about 10 mile an hour more track speed, beat the XP everywhere, should be though its a 1000, bone stock & clutched bang on (7200rpm), I was very unimpressed with the XP's

ditto own the exact 2 sleds at hand here and there is no way in hell you will out climb a m1000. they both are awesome sleds though.

B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca

Just saying what i saw in 2 ft. of fresh. both the guys running 1000's thought there sleds were well setup.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC

Man I also disagree in revy riding with 3 xps they all agreed the nytro was FAR easier to throw around...and after riding just one of the xps I can see why they would say that A real handful to lean over Wonder why with a sled so light?????????......02:confused:

5.5switchback

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Epping, ND
But the vibration issue is no lie on the xp! i just rode one and i swear its was as bad or not worse than my own 900. but no one will complain about the xp:confused:

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
sleds

i found the xp very hard to initially get on its side but once its there its real easy to keep there, but then i jump back on my m1000 and i have to learn how to ride all over again and vice versa, its really what to get accustomed to riding, spend a day or two on any sled and your leanr the characteristics of the sled. Im still playing with susp and other stuff on my xp to make it easier to ride, and put taller bar riser in and brought it back instead all the way foreward ill try that next ride and see if that helps.

Hey wyo t/a, do you have a picture of what your bars look like, I think mine are too far forward, but not sure where to put them. I am bringing the sled in the garage tonight to get things in order for a saturday ride and would love to move the bars.

The first day on my xp I thought it felt awkward, but after spending some time with it I am getting used to it. You definately dont want your feet all the way up in the footwell unless just cruising down the trail and I noticed sometimes that was my problem.

Anyway, like others have said it is all in what you like and are used to.

J
Nov 28, 2007
Lake Tahoe and Chicago
ride what you like, not everyone likes all sleds , gives you some smack to talk about whos sleds better at a bar! :) the sled is only 20% , rider is 80% on things you can do. give it time or give it a rest and quite complaining you sound like t/a jk:D :D :D :D :
dont know you t/a but it seems like your everyone girly girl:D :D

Last edited:
Premium Features