• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4th Annual COOKE CITY New Years - UYSC Sled N' Liver Tune

L

LSB

Ok here it is. The official thread for this years Upper Yellowstone Snowmobile Club Sled N' Liver Tune. As always the event is held over New Years weekend here in Cooke City, MT.
  • Event will be on Dec. 30th!
  • Shootout during the day and charity auction at night!
  • There will be a warming hut at the bottom of the shootout!
First lets talk about the shootout. It will be at the same location as last year. If you head to Round Lake we have markers from where the trail ends all the way to the shootout. This year we are planning even more racing classes than before. They will go as follows:
  • 800 and Above Stock
  • 799 and Below Stock
  • 1000 and Above Modified - this includes the Turbo's
  • 999 and Below Modified
Please use this thread as your entry form. If you plan on racing this year, let us know here. Please say who you are, what you ride, and what class you will be racing in. We can print this thread out and use it. We are welcoming anyone to race in any class as long as you are moving UP in class, no moving down obviously. For Example if you think your stock 1000 has a good chance against the mods, please try!

Also remember this is purely for a years worth of bragging rights. There is no monetary prize for winning. It costs nothing to enter.

Racing will begin around 11 a.m.

The night of the 30th the UYSC invites everyone to head back to town and attend the charity auction at the Miners Saloon. We will be having lots of good items as usual. Also as always the money gets split 3 ways.
  • Friends of Cooke City S&R
  • Cooke City EMS
  • Snowmobile Club/Grooming
If anyone on here wants to donate an item, please do! PM me or mention it on here and I can give you shipping information. We appreciate everything, big or small, it all adds up. All this money helps more than you can imagine. It also stays right here in Cooke City to help on the local level, with approval from the local people who know exactly what is needed.

Also the weekend of New Years the GNF Avalanche Center will be helping the UYSC and giving an Avalanche Information Course one night at the Firehall. When I get more info about this Ill let you know.

Added 12-10-07:

Some updated info. We have Avy classes in Cooke this year. Kay at the Antlers arranged a real nice one on Dec 17-18. It runs 7-10pm on the 17th, class in the firehall, and 8a.m. until done on the 18th out in the field. It should be a great class with the help of the Gnfac guys. Then the snowmobile club and some businesses in town are sponsoring 3, one hour talks on avalanche education. Dec 29th, Jan 19th, and Feb 17th. All are at 6pm in the firehall. If you are in town you SHOULD attend.

----

I will be adding more as I think of it or as others remind me of something, at least the thread is started!

Last edited:

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
Thanks for getting this up LSB.

Jerad and I are getting trophies made for the 4 classes with the biggest being for the 1000+ mod class including turbo's. There will be a additional bonus trophy that goes to the AzzHAT of the day.

Stock means no motor work. If you have a cut head or any other mods to the engine please be fair and enter into the right class. That does include you people with 827 KITS that look stock. (you know who you are)

Donations have already started to come in so more the better. I will post the items as I get them and I'm sure LSB will do the same so you will get reconized for your donation.

So for the record I will be in 999 and below mod class.

KJP

Last edited:
S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
I will be and would like to race. I guess throw me in the 999 and below Mod. Hope my 700 can take some abuse from those bigger sleds.

John Babbitt
07 700 Dragon

Last edited:
B

B C

Nov 26, 2007
Montucky
Thanks for getting this up LSB.

There will be a additional bonus trophy that goes to the AzzHAT of the day.

KJP
Is your dad bringing the hat back for re-auction? Or are you guys cooking up a new trophy?

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
The hat will be up for auction it needs a new home. The trophy will be something new. The AzzHAT trophy will be for who ever pulls a bone headed move or gets the most air or whatever the tech team thinks.

KJP

M

mnescape

Nov 3, 2004
Oak Grove, MN
Thanks Rob! We'll be there!

P.S.
Really interested in the avalanche class. Please post when you have more details. Thanks!!

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
here are some of the donations that we have got.

3 autographed hats, 1 polaris crew shirt
Judnick Motorsports

1 autographed hat
Blair Morgan Racing

1 sweatshirt
Hentges Racing

1 arctiva hat, 1 pair of gloves
Parts Unlimited

4 hats
WPSA

2 free rebuilds for 4 shocks
B Line Control, lindstrom MN

These items will be auctioned off on the 30th after the hill climb.

KJP

C
Nov 26, 2007
Info!!!!!!!! I just found out the Trophies will be done on Dec.6th ,will post pictures as soon as they are picked up.......... I will be racing something bone stock?????????????

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
Kyle Im thinking we need a lesser mod class, I mean I cant run the Tundra against 700 full mods :D

I was thinking the same thing...I mean my 700 with some very mild porting and a pipe will be running against some MAD MAX 999 Cats. I mean its going to be a fun time no matter what but it would give me a better feeling about it if I was running up against some other "close to stock" 700-800cc machines.

John

L

LSB

I was thinking the same thing...I mean my 700 with some very mild porting and a pipe will be running against some MAD MAX 999 Cats. I mean its going to be a fun time no matter what but it would give me a better feeling about it if I was running up against some other "close to stock" 700-800cc machines.

John

John to be honest, that sounds pretty stock to me ;) and who is running 999's? Ill be entering in the stock 800 and over class!

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
well we tried to keep these classes as simple as possible. I don't know where to draw the line? do pipes make your sled a mod? does a cut head make it a mod? Or is it just if you have a bb kit on it make it a mod? Every guy that has put twins or a aftermarket pipe on there sled I will show you 3 good running stock machine that will run right with it!

The trophies are ordered and this is the classes that we have. So here is the deal we are open for discusion on what is allowed and what is not? Fair?

KJP

C
Nov 26, 2007
You guys just don't understand ,Stock means out of the crate..........My sled is stock no extra's just the way I bought it from the dealer new..........................

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
John to be honest, that sounds pretty stock to me ;) and who is running 999's? Ill be entering in the stock 800 and over class!

I was just using the 999 as an example, but i'm sure there will be some healthy 900 based cat BB in that class.

CookeCity, I agree with you stock is stock. I have no problem running in the mod class, wont be much of a race most of the time. But I bet I can get some guys from Bozeman here to race that weekend and their all pretty much in the same boat as me as far as sleds go. A good time will be had by all.

John

Premium Features