• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats the best way to pass time driving to your sled vaca

T
Nov 26, 2007
oconomowoc,wi
just seeing if anyone has some more ideas on more things to do while sitting on my *** to go sledding.example--17 hours to the snowies--19 to cooke 23 to island park. you get my drift.its so hard to stay awake--jim

T

TurboM700

Nov 26, 2007
St. Anthony MN
Lots or Coffee or Mountain Dew what every your flavor. The trip out is not bad it the way back the sucks. Expecially when every sleeping except you.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
18 hrs to Cooke goes by quick when your hands are white knuckle to the steering wheel. 70 mph on icy roads up through ID/WY/MT, and then 55 mph through the park into Cooke. Watch out boys, I go 13k# combined and I'm 45' long!!!!

Last edited:
R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
We drive about 18 hours so were in the same boat basically.

Our truck gets about 6 hours to the tank of fuel. Each guy (3 in the truck) does one tank of driving and the right seat passenger is required to stay awake most of the time to keep the driver from getting sleepy. Whether it be conversation, tunes, simply just watching and so on. It works pretty good from our expierence. The guy in the back gets to sleep the whole time if he wants.

We have brought DVD's out and had them playing, mostly during the day due to the brightness of the screen and trying to keep the rods and cones of your night vision up to par during the night.

We also try and start out right away in the dead of morning after a good rest. That way you are doing most of your driving during the times you are normally awake anyways. Nothing worse then driving in the middle of the night no where near your destination and then the sun starts coming up. That sucks!

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
I know I'll have no trouble staying awake.....I'll be busy looking for that guy on the old forum that was going to pull the 27' enclosed trailer with a Ford Ranger..........

Its really hard to stay awake when your driving 15 hours to Tog in the middle of the night and out of 4 people 2 of them are sound asleep in the back seat the whole way out. All you can do is crank the music up and get out the caffine. (Roy D. Mercer is the best)

Premium Features