• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gallagher

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
We are all waiting for Ace and Gravy to break trail in for us!!!

KTM or AC--Your choice----LOL

It was broke into on friday. The crossings are as expected--nasty.

H20SKE...

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
It has been broke in already--But you will get a chance to do it agian.

It was waste deep saturday from the riders I talked too!! Sweet.

ACE---did you get a sled running yet?? Or are you taking MOB's Phazer?;)

H20SKE...

M
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonds, WA
im goin over friday n staying at the house but wont be riding till sat. hopin to ride sat,sun,mon. jus gotta find some snowesters to ride with do to my buddies thinkin xmas shoping more important.

I
Rode Sunday and Monday. Sunday went to the back bowls and no one had been there yet snow was untracked and we tore it up with a group from Cle Elum. There are rocks and holes everywhere so be safe. One guy parked next to his buddy and his sled broke through to the water and dirt about a 4 or 5 ft hole that you would never had guessed would be there. Snow was excellent. about 6 inches of fresh on top of a pretty good base. All the creeks are still running and not filled in yet.

We tried the trail to Van Eps also. The big gully needs looks of snow before you can get across. You can probably work your way around down low but no one has been through yet so we headed to Gallagher.

Monday- Groomer was up the night before so we had a freeway in. Only one other group from Moses Lake was on the hill. I would say about 8" of fresh over the day before. All of our tracks from Sunday were covered up. Great day of boondocking in the lower valley along the creeks. Fresh powder and tracks all day. Perfect trail in and out. Creek crossings were good on the way in even though they are all still open and flowing pretty good.

Will head back up Thurs and Friday once we get somemore fresh powder piled in as we still need a big dump to cover up the boulders and holes.

Buddy was riding his wifes new 550 Rev fan so his riding was limited as he is waiting for a new clutch for his 07 XRS. Boondocking it was an awesum sled. The 136" 2" was impressive in the trees and powder. Once the sled got vert. the party was over,lol. It struggled to pull his 230lbs out of the creek bottom even after I built him several roads out. With some break in and lighter rider like his wife it would be fine but not as good a back up as his wifes old 600 Rev that was stolen last year, but perfect for her. Was his first rides of the
so we will head back after his 800 is ready this week we hope if the part get here.

Overall the riding was much better then expected. Two great day on the hill and the visiability was good even though the light was flat.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Just got back from Gallagher and lake Ann. We need more snow! Another 4-5 ft would open things up alot better, still have to watch for land mines. I would say there is between 18" and 24" new, depending on location.
We droped into lake Ann from the Gallagher side and were the only tracks, not enough snow to even hit the hill at Lake Ann, too many exposed rocks (windblown). Lots of fun in the trees though, still a couple sketchy creek crossings but nothing that takes too much effort. the road in was nice.:beer;

M

Macattack

Nov 27, 2007
Lake Tapps
Thanks for the update Winter Brew! I'm a little bummed though, I was hoping Gallagher was almost ready for prime time! Wishful thinking, I know.

G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
rode gallagher thursday (at least 2 feet of fresh thursday) and today, our tracks where gone from thursday, covered up by about three feet, did I mention the sun was out!!! both routes up are in, only a few creeks showing on the jeep trail , did not do the avy run out area trail, dont want to be caught there again when it comes down, once is enough....... as far as I know no one made it around back!!! we did try

G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
seaduck saturday was a great day at gallagher, but there did not seem to be much sigh of any avys yet, there was alot of wind loading much not much has slid,,, the short cut that everyone seems to like to use has not really come down yet!!!! its amazing that people want to use that route after all the deaths this year, there was also a couple of highmarks on some of the chutes, its loaded big time just waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

we put the jeep trail back in with only a few creek crossing, its not that bad and only takes a few extra min. whats your life worth these days???

Last edited:

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
whats your life worth these days???

uhhh...

ran into swepe today....the gallager king

even they did not ride there....

sooooo...

gravy ...life worth....buck fifty....at least for recycle

fordy....life worth.... buck seventyfive..has the "shirt"

not being stuck AALLLLL DAAYY with gravy and drew....
ridin in the sun and tearin it up................in untracked.....

uuhhhhh....perfect...another epic day with the fish...

p.s.

ace and gravey..............yer chit is waaaaayyyy over rated.

jmo.......as i have seeen it

Premium Features