• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo Electrical problems

B

Blake541

Dec 6, 2009
SLEDDERS!!!
Well it's dumping snow in northern Utah, should be a good weekend!!! One dilemma though, I have a 2007 Ski-Doo summit 800 REV that won't run very good. It will run, but thats it, no electrical at all, no gauges, no reverse beep and i'm assuming the DPM is not running because the motor is running, but not well. I've heard the common problem is a bad relay, if this is what it is, does anyone have a part number for a relay?? It's just the Adrenaline model, 800r with a 151, stock sled for 07, no engine upgrades. Any help would be fantastic!
Thanks,
Blake

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yep, sounds like the relay. Do a search on here or on dootalk and there are part numbers for several different common automotive relays that will work.....Not a bad idea to carry a spare.

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
I've got a spare relay zip tied right next to the stock one in case one dies. Cheap insurance this problem won't leave me or the sled stranded in the bush for the night.

F
Dec 12, 2008
This is very common for these Rev's. They use a typical horn relay which you can buy at any automotive supply store for $7-14. Take your old one in and buy two. I also have a spare zip-tied to the working one, you will need it. The last one I bought was a BOSCH from NAPA and it looked a little more heavy duty and has not quit this year yet(knock on wood)

M
Dec 7, 2007
I pulled mine and took it to NAPA. Got the heavy duty unit (higher amperage capability). Don't have the number, but the gal behind the counter knew what it was. Then I told her it came off of a snowmobile. She was shocked. no pun intented.

M
Dec 7, 2007
Pull it off and take it in. Any auto parts place will have one. O'Riley Auto had one for the neighbors 06 600 HO today. He was in a panic after the ride. I said "no biggie, I can fix that". Took the spare out and fixed it in 5 mins. Beer is good tonight!!

Premium Features