• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Piped KingCat with no clutching?

K
Nov 26, 2007
KITIMAT BC
Talking with a co worker with a 04 King Cat(carbed).He installed a single pipe but did not know to change the clutching.I think it is a speedworks pipe run at 4-6000ft.What would you recommend for clutching?.I asked him what he was reving at and he though around 9000 rpm!

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Well if he indeed is runnung 9000 rpms :eek:it wont be for very long!!!!!!!!!! Weight,Weight,Weight gotta start their get it back down to 7800, almost all the singles I have seen are designed to make the most power and torque @7800!!!!!!!!!!! :beer;

K
Nov 26, 2007
KITIMAT BC
thanks ridr
I THINK the 9 grand remark was a joke.So He`s shooting for 7800 rpm.What weight should I start with since I assume we will have to try several sets.Also will Polaris weight work in a king cat?

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Alot of times just adding a single means little for rpm's I actually had to take a gram off each of my weights to get it where it belonged, wasn't their to begin with so I waited till I put the CPI and CPC can on to see where it was, it was runnin bout 7600-7700 so I shaved a gram off the heel and it runs bout 7800 so better see where he is really at before ya start buying weights cus you may not need to !!!!! ANd remember cat tachs can be off by as much as 200 rpm's so shoot for 78-79 on the tach should get you 76-78!!!! As far as the polaris weights if yours is a fixed pin like my 05 I don't think they will work but not a 100% sure on that!?!?:beer;

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
They came from the factory with 69's and that should be real close. 72 with a light tip may work alright. I am assuming he has the factory titanium spring. Pol. weights wont work on the fixed pins of the cat clutch. I do beleive some guys are shimming them up with some washers and running them, but you would need new pins without the set screw hole.

Premium Features