• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Dawg Shoot Out is on!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
Big Dawg festivities,,,don't miss out!!!

So I got the Lions and and the Legion to put on a spread again this year,,,,There will Roast and and Ham with veggies and potatoes,,as well a live band,,,Michelle also said she would stock up on cranberry juice for our American friendsapparrently they really liked the stuff last year.

There are only 120 tickets available,so contact them at 604 894 6561 or fax at 604 894 6560 or email at legionbranch201@shaw.ca

Oh,,,the tickets are 35 bucks a head.

Last edited:
D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
Keep the Booze off the hill's, strong presence this year from the local authorities so keep it clean and off the hill so this event can continue for a long time.

Ripntear, Linc and Hardkore have put many days of hard work for this to happen, respect it.

Cheers (in the bar after riding that is)

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Hey gettin back to hotels here it seems like alot of places have underground parking which really isnt good for us sledders so if the locals could just name off a few good spots, or where sledders usually stay it would be great thx alot

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
If any one knows a place that you dont have to be 25 to reserve please let me know! Also how far is squamish from whistler? Pemberton?

H

HighMark Adventures

Nov 26, 2007
Chilliwack
www.highmarkadventures.com
30 minutes(ish) to Whistler and about 45 minutes(ish) to the Rutherford turn off where the event parking is. It all depends on traffic and your driving style lol

bcmap.gif

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Hey any of you guys book at the pemberton hotel before? Hopefully its good, haha, the only place that had more than one bed and parking. Effin skiers

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
hopefully, haha, lookin forward to partyin with sum of yas. Gonna take a couple road trips into whistler cause im thinkin the female population is a lil better there? Dunno though ahha, itll be awesome~!

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Hey Fab, how many cases of crown will it take for me to win on my stock XP!

Hey Ray....You will have to bribe more than Fab! RedDog and I are both judges for the BDSO as well. I am not a big fan of crown but I could use a case of the Captain! If you can even come close to climbing the same chutes as the turbos were climbing last year on your XP...you will be up for an award! LOL

S
Feb 26, 2008
hey Paul its Josh you can count me in the action as well!!
I'm sure you already heard but in you didn't we are all planning to ride thurs,fri , as well if
that fits your plan! And are you coming to yamifest?

Last edited:
H

HighMark Adventures

Nov 26, 2007
Chilliwack
www.highmarkadventures.com
Fab yes we are. Going to the printers this week. Waiting for a few sponsors to send thier logos. With or without the mock up they will be finalized by mid week. Was really hoping to have them done for yammifest but not looking to good now.:mad:

Fyi . For the guys that will be competiting you will need a working tether on your sled. Linc will be doing the tech inspection to make sure . This is a must and you will be turned away without one. A helmet is mandatory ,duh, and we would like to see chest protectors worn also(not enforced this year though..... yet).

I should have the web page up this week with all the info.

Any questions you can Email or PM Linc, Paul or myself.

Thanks

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Why don't you guys do it in the dead on winter when it i an actual challenge of man and machine, not a high way that any sled will go up. I know my sled would go over the top and i only have $6000 in it...... I’m not going to do it because i don't like to see my $6000 rolling over cliffs and smacking into other sleds, oh and dieing doesn't sound like fun either.

Anyways, im glad you guys do it, makes good videos. Just saying i think you should try it in January when there is some actual snow.FYI, you don't need a 400 hp sled to go over any mountain in spring, all you need is a big wallet, big bawls, and a messed up head.

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
If you think your 6000 dollar investment can make it it over,,,then come,,, on,,, down,we haven't seen one do it yet. I think you need to stand at the bottom before you make statements like that.

As for holding it earlier,it's a matter of snow cover,trail conditions ,weather and daylight,we're holding it a week earlier this year,to take advantage of the snow temperature,and the weather is more consistant at that time of year, hopefully the trail will hold up better (fingers crossed,toes crossed,balls crossed)so by all means come down and show us how it's done,,, if you're certain your machine can make it over then you don't have to worry about throwing it down the rocks.;):camera:

Premium Features