• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nun replacement

S
Jan 23, 2008
B.C.
I read on here a while back about some guys bolting the new nun on vs re-rivetting back on - in case it needs to be replaced again. Just wondering if anyone has done this and how well it worked?
Also wondering if one has to pull the motor entirely to remove the nun?
What would someone use to remove the stock steel rivets? Drilling them out hasn't gone well so far!!

Thanks.

S
Jan 1, 2008
Chanhassen, MN
My brothers was bolted back on when he replaced it last. it held up as good as the rivets. a little more time consuming to put it back together, but if you think you will have to replace again, might not be a bad idea. personally i dont think drilling the rivets is too bad (once they aren't the stock ones)

can't remember for sure, but dont think you have to remove engine.

to remove the steel rivets go buy a GOOD drill bit or two and go to town. they are a pain, but no other way to do it really. air chisel maybe would work. center punch the round headed ones helps too.

i think Skidoo has a bulletin on replacing the nun and what bolts and everything to use. I am at work right now, but will see if I have it on my comp at home when I get a chance.

S

Summit Guy

Oct 24, 2001
Buffalo, MN
I have the ski-doo bulletin and it calls for bolting it in, I did it that way and it works well. If you would like the bulletin PM your email address.

Premium Features