• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

f-bombs running boards

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
P
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
I need an opinion.
there were some of you talking about this on sun. after reading some of your comments and looking at the pics. I am interested in some of them. Are there any negatives about them?

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Any aggressive board like f-bombs will be hard on boots. I'm hoping they aren't too aggressive and won't let your foot slide back when you want too. We'll see. However, I'm tired of loosing my footing when the whole board was full of snow/ice.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Boards

Pol, I have 'em, but just put them on, and haven't been able to ride with them yet.
Observations:
1. I hated my stock boards. Filled up with snow that became packed ice.
2. My boots are cut all to 'ell already from the stock boards. (o7 RMK)
3. I don't see how the BB's will cut my boots as they are MUCH thicker material, and configured differantly.
4. Fit was spot on during the install. I really like the Pwd'r coated ones!
5. I have parts left over (rivets) just like the directions told me I would !
6. They are much stronger feeling, better laidout than the SE'rs that I compared them to.
7. All of this is biased because I own two pair ! ;)

I'll have to get back to you when I've got a day or two with them on the snow. Bagger

I put a set on my escape and have one ride so far on them and wouldn't go without them now. So much better than the stock boards, lots of traction and best of all no snow buildup!! Don't hesitate buying a set, you won't regret them.

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I am interested in a set of better boards for my Dragon. I will definately buy better boards due to the huge number of supporters on this site. From what I have read, you will not find better service and support out there.

Last year I was constantly kicking snow off the stock boards. My only concern is the install. How easy is the install and what tools are required?

Thanks

P
Mar 25, 2003
Ellensburg, WA
last year Rob was selling the other guy's boards which I bought and installed on my IQ. I'm getting ready to put a set of his on my wife's dragon, then I will have a true comparison. Anything is an improvement over stock.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Yes hopefully those (GenII) will be done at the end of the week as well as my XP, Yammy Nytro, and 07 REV's that we have on a huge back order log. The RACER Chassis is up for next week with the redo of the 04 REV. It's absolutely crazy nuts right now! Some of the dealerships are starting to come on "board" and that doubles the workload. It's a great problem to have. I know it's blasfamy (sp?) but I'm semi thankful that it hasn't snowed much yet! I dream of the day when all of the designs are stocked, shelved and all I have to do it non-stop product testing!!! This little forum change has also thrown a bit of wrench in my process. The three hours re-posting my stuff could be used order processing, shipping, or SLEEPING. I wish they would have done this in the dead of summer instead of the busiest time.

Thanks again for everyones excellent support and posting photos and helpful information to the masses.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Running Boards.

can any one tell me where to see and buy these boards? Trying to improve on the poor 06" RMK boards. Any input is welcome. Has anyone tried to drill out the boards and have them break? had a guy say he could bore them out then backed outb/c said they would break. NEED HELP!!!!

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
see this site for photos

Sorry if I could figure out this new forum I'd post a bunch of pictures. Go to my website in this link and you can see what we make for your IQ. That chassis is an excellent candidate for this product. We have hundreds on the snow and I get nothing but positive feedback.

http://www.f-bombracing.com

some day soon I'll get the hang of this new forum and you guys can get all kinds of pictures of the various sleds we run them on

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Robs running boards look great and work as well.......

My only objection is they are a little to sharp every now and than the rubber lugs on my boots stick to the sharp pointy grates...if they were slightly detuned problem solved.

ot

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
There are some pics from my sled floating around in the new forum with F-bombs running boards installed.

It made things a lot more ridgid which is good. They were straight forward to install. I'm looking forward to getting to use them.

I did buy more rivets though and run approx 20-30 on each side. Hey, I came from the aviation world where more is better when it comes to fastners. Plus I feel a bunch better about it now.

Premium Features