• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP vs M1000 ?

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Why is it the "800" XP always gets compared to the M "1000" ,and not to the M "800" ,Why not compare apples to apples? This subject always makes me glad I own Skidoo.

A couple of years ago we were comparing a M7 to the ski doo 800!! Go figure!!!! Times change:D

S

Shelfrost

Nov 28, 2007
Chetwynd, BC, Canada
Apples to apples???!!!?!? The Skidoo 800 is at its max potential. Hence the H.O. (High Output) label. The Cat motors have always been safe from the factory and made to meet emissions and noise standards. They have always been the motors that are easiest to make huge horsepower gains out of. That's what modding is all about. A few quick add ons or some mild porting and a Cat motor will flat out Rock!!!!! An M8 with some simple mods will hang with any Skidoo or Polaris 800 that has some mods as well. Cat sleds just benefit the most from mods. Why do you think a mildly modded M7 can put so many other sleds to shame for so many years? Ride what you like and what you can afford!

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
I want Ot's Green

We were in valemont last weekend. ran against 2 162 m1000's with a 163xp and was shocked in 2 ft. of fresh how much higher the xp went. is the power to weight ratio better on the xp?[/QUOTE]

The 16 wide just might help/// their gonna need it....Why is everyone pick'n on the Poor 2nd year M sled.. with all the new Pol/Doo new iron.......ya gonna love the new M--I guess it never stops and 11K is nothing these day's I guess for a newer sled....

BTW......

OT-- I have the Green and the M1000 to hit against your RT:D

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
wow snowest forums sure make me laugh especially when someone brings out arctic cat and ski-doo it sure gets people going. cat guys will say cat will win, doo guys say doo will win. who cares! go out ride what you got and have fun. what do you think will win a 1970 arctic cat pantera or a 2008 ski-doo xp.. $100 on the pantera. :D

B

Boondock

Oct 4, 2001
Colorado
www.snowest.com
wow snowest forums sure make me laugh especially when someone brings out arctic cat and ski-doo it sure gets people going. cat guys will say cat will win, doo guys say doo will win. who cares! go out ride what you got and have fun. what do you think will win a 1970 arctic cat pantera or a 2008 ski-doo xp.. $100 on the pantera. :D

YES SIR!!!

Not sure what will win but if I was betting I would bet on the M for hillclimbing, but all around the XP if it holds up will be hard to beat.

F
Dec 4, 2007
Apples to apples???!!!?!? The Skidoo 800 is at its max potential. Hence the H.O. (High Output) label. The Cat motors have always been safe from the factory and made to meet emissions and noise standards. They have always been the motors that are easiest to make huge horsepower gains out of. That's what modding is all about. A few quick add ons or some mild porting and a Cat motor will flat out Rock!!!!! An M8 with some simple mods will hang with any Skidoo or Polaris 800 that has some mods as well. Cat sleds just benefit the most from mods. Why do you think a mildly modded M7 can put so many other sleds to shame for so many years? Ride what you like and what you can afford!

its 800r not HO, and they also have relatively low compression compared to the H.O.
M7 do run really good, the only thing i didn't like about them is there bottom end, seems kind of sluggish if your not giving her the onion, but other than that great sled.

Last edited:

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
I can't believe I just read - I mean quickly skimmed - through 5 pages of verbal diarrhea. I am now DUMBER for doing so.
I'm the odd duck riding a Cat 1000 in our crew as most of the boys are riding a new doos. Last week riding up at Holt/Gorman-- you know what I told my buddy riding the xp who took two pulls to get up to my one pull at the view point that overlooks Gorman Lake- "this sure beats those suckers in the office right now". All you number crunchers can get BENT.

n641670110_1807740_3157.jpg
n849360205_1777126_5512.jpg
n849360205_1616182_4510.jpg

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Seems like we talked about this with the ''New 800 R'' last year. Sorry they didn't work as good as the Doo boys thought they would. The XP's look great. They ''should'' work great. We'll see........But for now , I'd put the money on the Cat. We know they work.

Owen

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I think stock for stock the xp will give the 1000 a run for its money. My buddy has a brand new xp and I have a 1000 from last year. Mine has the y-pipe, can, head, and fuel pressure regulator. We were in Cooke this weekend and he and I are about as close in weight and riding skill as you can get. My 1000 would beat the xp, but by no means was stomping him. That little 800 sure does climb. I like the way my M handles compared to the xp, and even he commented that the xp is more flat handling than his rev was. Over all, he likes the sled and it seems to work very good.

L

lucky13

Nov 26, 2007
northern utah
i saw the 800 xp beat the 1000 ac 2 out of three today, and it wasnt even close, three sleds minimum, in the first race the doo got in the soft stuff and couldnt hook, if not for that it would have been three out of three, in fairness to the cat the race was only about 400 feet up hill, and the cat didnt really have time to strecth its legs, i was suprised it beat it that bad

K
Nov 26, 2007
colorado
thats funny

The XP will slauter the m1000 no dought. no contest .:p

thats funny can the xp even climb a hill with out bogging or blowing a belt,or even a complete electrical falure, or will it just fold as your unloading off the trailer.( all true qoutes from xp owners)

Premium Features