• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Error -1 code Nytro

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
I'm getting this code er-1 but my sled still runs perfect. I know it,s an ecu comm problem. I was told that the sled should not run with this code.
Anyone have any insight or anything .
I'm going to check all connections and go from there.

Sled has not been rode this year so I doubt that it is moisture.

M

MRFUSION

Aug 8, 2008
Peace River AB
Sound crazy but I have had a couple of customers with this and the battery had internally failed, for $hits and giggles try a different battery, this fixed both units that we had. Shad

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
I tried a new battery with same results. I have checked every connection and relay twice and cleaned them with electrical cleaner and put dielectric grease on .
Any ideas on what to check out next?
I even went for a 20 min blast today with no problems. sled run flawless builds boost and never missed a beat except for the er-1 code flashing constantly.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Could a wire that has worn through its insulation on the main wiring harness cause something like this?
That is the only thing left to check I'd hate to tear into it to find nothing arghhhhhh.......
I want to get a few more rides in this year, this is frustrating to say the least.
I might just have to pay someone to work on my sled, damn i hate that.

Last edited:

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
It turned out to be a resistance problem in the wiring.
I was in a hurry putting my sled together the night before a trip. I was installing a dash vent kit and had to cut the plug to pass it through the hole in the vent. Being in a hurry and not having my solder iron with me I used connectors to wire the display. This caused enough resistance to cause the er-1 code.

Premium Features