• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should I port my Chaincase??

BigT

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sequim, WA
If you don't port your chain case, you can't ride worth crap. The oil in the chain case (that is not ported) will cavitate and cause serious vibration. Porting is the only way to solve that problem

A
Nov 26, 2007
Ft Collins CO
Ok- So you port your chaincase and shave off oil weight, and all that heavy metal. I can't see putting forth that effort without replacing your chain with a set of pantyhose, and porting your gas tank too.

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Two of my friends have had ported chaincases,one by a rock ,he made it back to the trailer somehow.It was only a couple miles.The second the drain bolt fell out on his cat ?We were stopped and wondered what the funny hot smell was.Maybe a little late night maintanance with some adult beverages had something to do with it? Luckily thru the wonders of duct tape and a rag plus the gear lube he just happened to have in his trunk we were able to get him back to the trail head

K

Kong

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Pagosa Springs, CO
I can't figure out where to cut on the Diamond Direct?

BTW my friend replaced the chain on his 1M with a Goldwing Belt. Just a thought.

S

Superjag

Jan 30, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
You guys are idiots. You need to use a thicker lube like bacon grease or lard. That way it doesn't all run out when you carve to the ported side.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Ported chaincase.......get with the times. Everybody knows that a ported drive belt is the new thing. Just take a 1/2" drill bit and drill holes all over your drive belt. This mod is not recommended on XP's though because a pine cone may get lodged in the drive belt and destroy the crankshaft.

Premium Features