• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track Poaching

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Back in the day when 100 hp was "IT" we ALL did it gaining an extra 3-4 feet on every pull was hot....Now with 200 hp there is no need to track poach....in fact if you do then you are either crazy or have a death wish as these high hp sleds need LOTS of fresh snow to slow them down....This from a brand new nytro turbo rider...poaching a track gets you going way the he11 tooooooo fast and scares the crap out of me...................02:eek:

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
So did you get the high mark or not? What is the difference if you use tracks, rocks, dirt, trees or other debris when establishing high mark?

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
If a big dog motor with HP leads the way to the next good thing, poaching is OK cause you need to get out of the hill to get to the "secret bowl".
If you are trying to beat your buddies "stock" 800 with your "stock" 700, and you track poach, then you are riding the short bus to the highmark.

V
Nov 27, 2007
alaska
I think that half of these men??? who are already making excuses and the season has barely begun is sorry.

for example

Trackpoucher Its all legal! If I beat your mark and follow your trail till the last second and than get stuck ABOVE your mark, Well, I guess I am better and higher up than you! BTW, I wont need to cheat with my new XP bad azz sled anyway. C-yah sukahs!

AdrenalineAddict - weak motored sled (anything other than a turboed something)

Chief - my sled is a '04... THIS ONE WAS MY FAVORITE. hahaha

everyone thanks for keeping me entertained over here in the desert. i will be home in 2 months to ride

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Nope, lemme see the pic again.

What are you doing tomorrow? I'm riding :D

Thats a low bow buddy and that hurts. But most likely i will be on the beach working out my tan with women in brazilian bikinis jumping around. Oh, it was 76 degrees yesterday BTW.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Didn't know the Nytro was American??

I think it's ok, but just when I'm out riding a Doo and need to Poach to highmark my GF on her Nytro...

Long story short. Clutch hole an crank snout must be PEERFECTLY clean b4 install. No grubby fingers etc touching mating parts. Torque to spec. Run motor. Rettorque.

Dirty parts from oily hands etc can slip (under load) on the crank snout and slippage is one thing that makes them a mother effer to get off. Its almost like they weld themselves on there. This can also be caused by incorrect torqueing of the bolt.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Is it poaching when you go up the down line?
It is a much nicer line, you don't have to deal with their trenched crap and it works.
We call that move "coyote". Smarter then your average dog.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Its not so much the track poaching, it's the younger generation who are all smiles and have no clue they just cheated!!!!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I don't mind when someone poaches my line. Just means that it's open season after that first one. And if you needed to poach my line to beat my mark, then I'm gonna blow past any mark you put up by poaching too.
I like the Coyote line, I'll have to remember that! I do it after 1 or 2 times climbing the 'UP' line. Way better traction!

I absolutely cannot stand when a guy poaches my track, then comes down thinking he's that cats arse. That grinds my gears to no end. There's one customer I had in the past that would pretend to be throwing punches at me or anyone else as he rolled down the hill like he just knocked us out. He became the laughing stock pretty quick but continues to do it. It's like he's immune to his own stupidity.

Then there's those survival days when you're trying to build a road more than get a highmark. I usually like to nominate only 2 or 3 people(who know what they are doing) for this task as they know not to get stuck where we are laying down the road. But there's always some arsehole who thinks he's helping and gets buried tits deep pointing straight up and down. And he's the one with a shteating grin on his face. Those are the times I decide to climb right on by and wait at the top without offering assistance. I can't be bothered by stupid when I'm riding. Really frustrates me to no end.

B
May 21, 2010
Glacier, WA
poaching track is a vital skill

If your only skill is to draw homo rainbows in the kiddy pool I could understand giving track poachers a hard time. Otherwise this thread displays a lack of understanding of travel in big mountain deep powder conditions.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
If your only skill is to draw homo rainbows in the kiddy pool I could understand giving track poachers a hard time. Otherwise this thread displays a lack of understanding of travel in big mountain deep powder conditions.

If those are the conditions you speak of and your group is trying to get somewhere, then I absolutely agree with you.

But if you and your buds are playing on a hill for the sake of playing, and you still hold the same opinion, then I have to deduce that you must ride a 600 and hope one day to jump into the adult pool instead of doing circles trying to avoid those homo rainbows.

Step back and ask yourself what conditions/scenario others coming from instead of generalize every post and group everyone as being childish. Your post comes off a little hostile, I know a lack of pow can do that to me too, but chill out a bit maybe.

Sent from my GT-I8260L using Tapatalk

B
May 21, 2010
Glacier, WA
Its about downhill ghackers

If those are the conditions you speak of and your group is trying to get somewhere, then I absolutely agree with you.
Thats all we do. You live where I ride (Coastals, Coq, Sicamous, Revy) so you know how it is. Not being hostile just poking fun at the chest beaters... To me it is all about putting in the uptrack then riding downhill lines. But all types of sledding are a hoot.

Premium Features