• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Legend zx2sr oil (incredible!!!) best info i ever learned! Watch

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
JASO FC is a high rating, what else are you looking for, or just MSDS. Vohk is very respected in this sport and this oil is highly recommended by him. just send him a PM for more info, I believe he has lots of data on it aswell.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Some Good info that has been floating around:

ISO-L-EGC which is similar to the JASO FC rating.

The ISO-L-EGD+ was created to establish a higher standard of detergency and ability to withstand higher levels of heat. The new test runs for 3 hours vs 1 hour for the previous test.
If a lubricant is certified ISO-L-EGD+ it has passed the most stringent tests set by American, Japanese and European engine manufacturers. Polaris recommends TC-W3 lubricants, Yamaha JASO FC and Ski-Doo/Sea-Doo requires ISO-L-EDG+ lubricants.
None of the three North American snowmobile manufacturers specify use of TC-W3 oil in their owner’s manuals. Bombardier pointedly tells its customers not to use it, recommending API-TC rated oil instead.

Until recently, the top JASO oil rating was FC, and you will continue to see this listed in many places. But the tougher FD rating is now available, and some companies upgraded their products. The JASO-FC standard is also important because it includes a test to specifically measure exhaust smoke. So JASO-FC and the subsequent FD test is the key for visible exhaust emissions.

ISO-L-EGD is the top European two-stroke standard, with EGC and EGB as lower performance levels. A plus sign after the letters (EGD+) means that the rating is significantly exceeded.

Use the oil ratings as a guide, compare costs and availability, and try to stay with one product if possible. Availability becomes a factor for many of us; if you can’t carry enough with you, run something that you can find readily where you ride to fill the gaps.

Plain old TCW-3 won’t cut it in many of the higher-tech engines. Look for JASO-FC (and now FD) and ISO EGD ratings as indicators of a minimum performance standard for the newest, trickest engines. Mod packages may require extra quality and or quantity to provide adequate lubrication; consult with the engine builder or package supplier on what their experience has been.

ISO EGD is the “European” specification that slightly exceeds the “Japanese” JASO-FC. There is a new JASO-FD spec, as the ISO and JASO testing sequences have come closer together with the latest ‘FD’ and ‘EGD’ designations. Previously, the only difference was a 1 hour and 3 hour detergency - lubricity - ring groove - sticking test with JASO-FC and ISO-EGD respectively. Now, they are the same set of tests.

Maxima TundraR, a synthetic blend that is pretty clean burning, ISO EGD

Amsoil Interceptor This fully-synthetic oil is JASO-FC rated (Robert said is good)

Klotz Snowmobile Techniplateit it too is ISO EGD rated

Spectro that is also ISO EGD rated

Blue Marble claims to be ISO EGD rated

ARCTIC BLUE™ Synthetic Blend is qualified internationally: Exceeds API TC or TSC-3 in North America. Exceeds Japanese Automobile Standard Organization new JASO
specification "FC". Meets or exceeds performance requirements of International Standards Organization new ISO Global Specifications "GC" (ISO-L-EGC) and "GD"
(ISO-L-EGD).

Torco Exceeds JASO-FC / ISO-L-EGD / API-TC

Shell Advance Snow Ultra High Performance Synthetic Snowmobile Oil ISO-EGD and the JASO FC standard.

Maxima Lubricants Super-M Injector Oil Exceeds BIA/TC-W, JASO-FC, ISO-E-GD & API-TC specifications

Legend ZX-2R exceeds NMMA (formerly BIA) TCW3, ISO-L-EGB and JASO FB specifications. ZX-2R is a mineral based, synthetically infused blend of superior chemical components designed to outperform the most expensive synthetics.

Legend ZX-2SR exceeds API TC, ISO-L-EGD and JASO FC+ specifications. ZX-2SR is a blend of the finest mineral base stocks “chemically infused” with nano-molecular additive technology.

Royal Purple-TCW-III (Robert said is good)

Citgo SuperGard Sea and Snow. Citgo is Venezuela’s oil company run by Hugo Chavez. The synthetic blend formula meets or exceeds the rigorous requirements of the API TC, JASO FC and ISO EGD classifications for 2-cycle air-cooled engine oils and also exceeds the performance requirements for JASO FA, JASO FB, ISO-L-EGB, and ISO-L-EGC. The JASO FC Certification Number is 001 CGO 535. SUPERGARD Sea and Snow is formulated primarily for use in snowmobiles and personal watercraft. It can be used in motorcycles, generators, lawnmowers, and hand held power equipment such as leaf blowers, trimmers, and chainsaws.

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
i am glad there are a lot of guys out there using this stuff and backing mark up on this product. it is incredible and this info needs to shared

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
One more question:

Are you guys using the ZX-2R(Black bottle) OR ZX-2SR(silver gray bottle)?

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
If the exhaust is dry, Does this pose a rust problem when sitting over the summer? I would assume there is a protective coating on all the engine internals as well. Sounds good, Will give it a try once the BM runs out.

Mike

C

ClimbHigh

Dec 4, 2009
Nampa, Idaho
I was wondering about the same thing. What about off season, are the internall parts lubed enough to keep them from rusting or corroding. I would think so with 300 plus miles with no oil, but still on the fence.

Backcountry Bandit

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2008
X400!! where in Canada? as to the question's about off season...dont you guys fogg your stuff? i fuel preserve and fogg the crap out of my stuff. shouldnt have issues of rusting if you do this.:beer;

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I was mainly wondering about the pipe, As I run mine up to full temp every month! Fogging may be the way to go then I don't have to run so much. But at least i get rid of the old gas and use it in the lawnmower and such.

Mike

B

bigcat_ak

Nov 27, 2007
North Pole Alaska
Sorry but I remember this same hype over Blue Marble a few years back. We tried a gallon. Went back to Torco. As already stated, I want to see technical data not hype. Not saying it ain't great but.......:confused:

C

ClimbHigh

Dec 4, 2009
Nampa, Idaho
"Tundrat3" So this is the Oil you are using? If so how long you been using it, and you realy like it? Did you have to re-adjust your oiler, and what ratio are you averaging it at 50-1? And ya the machines get fogged stuppid me.

Last edited:
S
Feb 21, 2009
Hmmm

It sounds great, but you think the manufactures would not all run the synthetics if it was not great.As long it has all the top ratings for oil I'll burn it as for now sticking with redline at a discount..:D

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
Just found out that cowboy1 sells it! He is in crowsnest Alberta.the good stuff is zx-2sr oil and for a case of 4x 4L jugs is $190 from him. but all of the oil is good, the other oil zx-2 and zx-2r cost a bit less.

hope this helps.

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
One more question:

Are you guys using the ZX-2R(Black bottle) OR ZX-2SR(silver gray bottle)?

the older packaging of 2-sr is in a grey bottle and this year he has it in the black bottle. the sr is the race formula and the r is not. there both great and i just went for the best zx2sr and it is amazing

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
I was wondering about the same thing. What about off season, are the internall parts lubed enough to keep them from rusting or corroding. I would think so with 300 plus miles with no oil, but still on the fence.

you can let the legend sit forever and it will never let anything rust as the apv lets everything rust.

Backcountry Bandit

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2008
"Tundrat3" So this is the Oil you are using? If so how long you been using it, and you realy like it? Did you have to re-adjust your oiler, and what ratio are you averaging it at 50-1? And ya the machines get fogged stuppid me.

no i do not run this oil but would like too!:beer;

Premium Features