PDA

View Full Version : muffpot recipe!!!

firecatguy
12-19-2007, 12:42 AM
ok everyone lets get you secret muffpot recipes!!

cowkiller
12-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Chinese barb-b-que Pork! with sweet hot mustard
It's the best!
My muff pot mount broke and I had my heart set on some trail pork!

sledheadd
12-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Garlic and butter shrimp is my favorite.
Gonna miss cooking while riding.
One down side to 4 stroke i guess.

firecatguy
12-19-2007, 06:35 AM
give your cook time too! first year with cookpot and not sure what to expect!!

beer gut
12-19-2007, 07:08 AM
give your cook time too! first year with cookpot and not sure what to expect!!

Cook times can vary greatly depending on sled (where you have it mounted), riding type (how much you're on the throttle), etc.

On my old '98 Summit, we'd be smelling Pizza Rolls or BBQ sauce after about a half hour. On the Rev, it takes much longer. You'll probably need to experiment a little...

PLUMR
12-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Al Green
long island iced tea
victoria's secret

OH OH!!!! wrong muff pot

ice auger
12-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Venison dogs!!!!!

SylvanLaker
12-19-2007, 07:48 AM
This post should be called "How to attract Bears" ..:D JK Good old garlic sausage. NOTHING WITH CHEESE.. lol found this out the hard way..

happyfast79
12-19-2007, 08:28 AM
hot pockets! leave them in half the day and then take them out at lunch ummmm,,,,,

Jeff C
12-19-2007, 08:30 AM
After much testing, and I have the beltline to prove it, I can say with precision what the various cooking times needed for each type of meat etc.

First of all we need to establish some parameters.

trail riding does not produce the heat at the same rate than does WFO hill pulls. Sidehilling produces the most heat @ WFO

****20 minutes of trail riding equals +- four 2 minute WFO hill pulls
****For quick "microwave" type heating, get yourself sidehilling at low speeds but high RPM's. A three minute WFO sidehill equals 11 minutes of trail riding or two 2 minute WFO hill pulls.

I find that the more "liquidy" the item you are trying to heat, the longer it takes to heat that item.

Hot dogs = Trail ride for 40 minutes, then 3.5 minutes of WFO sidehilling. Pull the tin foil off the top and take another 2 minute WFO hill pull. That will give the top of the hotdog a nice brown hue.

Hot pockets = About the same as hotdogs

Chili = Forty six WFO 2 minute hill pulls. Chili is tough, the outside may seem done, bu if you skimp on your pulls, you will have a cold center.

Fish = Put a table spoon of water inside the tin foil to keep it moist. Nothing worse than eating dry fish. Happily, this item takes much less time to heat up. A quick 20 minute trail ride and a 79 second WFO sidehill gets Martha Stewart jealous on the taste!!

A nice little thing I have seen some do is to unhook a EGT probe (If you have one), then spear the food item with it. You can then use your LCD readout to check the progress. I think this is selling out a bit, but you can't argue the results.

Hopefully this little guide will prove to be helpful. It took years, and about 50 pounds to get this muffpot cooking thing down to a science. So I got that going for me........................Which is nice!

Lucias
12-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Has your muffpot ever spewed out everywhere? what do you use to keep it sealed? I just don't want to make a mess..

firecatguy
12-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Jeff c
that sweet you need to have cook book lololol thanks

are the most of you cooking from raw? frozen? half cooked? just warming?
if you reheating something that would not take as long as original cook time?

Outlaw Addict
12-19-2007, 09:13 AM
hope not to hijack this thread, but I cant find the pipe mounts for my muffpots. Anyone have a idea where to buy them????

ice auger
12-19-2007, 09:18 AM
I tried cheddar dogs that the cheese went everywhere. YUCK

CO 2.0
12-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Those precooked meat loaf and mash potato packages for like $6. They are great. Perfect size. Put mine in and rode around doing some WOT pulls up a hill for 10-15 minutes and done!

CatWoman
12-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Reynolds Oven Bags work wonders on keeping the mess away. :)

Possibilities are endless. I've cooked shrimp scampi, great for heating leftover chicken, chili and hot dogs, burritos, little smokies, pigs in a blanket, brauts, cheddar brauts, basically just about anything you want. Burritos are mostly what I bring.....just because I can bring extras along (I put them in frozen), and if the hubby or I want more.....I have a couple spares in my rack bag for that purpose.

Trail riding doesn't do anything near like getting out and playing. When I'm hungry earlier, rather than later......then I'm on the throttle and playing all over. Doesn't take too much time then. Your nose will let you know when your food is getting ready (or the noses of your riding buds).

Nothing tops a hot meal while out riding. Warms the insides, and gives a nice energy boost. :D

live2ride
12-19-2007, 09:47 AM
I have cooked left over stew, we have had left over prime rib cut up with mushrooms and a brandy sauce, chicken with the same, smokies, brats, burritos, fish/crab with the similar types of sauces and mushrooms........possibilities are almost endless!!

Skogen
12-19-2007, 09:52 AM
You guys are making me hungry!

ice auger
12-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Anyone try anything like pizza?

kgr
12-19-2007, 10:04 AM
You guys are making me hungry!

Alberta beef is BEST

firecatguy
12-19-2007, 10:06 AM
so everyone is using wax paper? foil?cook bags?

racingpit
12-19-2007, 10:17 AM
hahhha This is the best post.

After much testing, and I have the beltline to prove it, I can say with precision what the various cooking times needed for each type of meat etc.

First of all we need to establish some parameters.

trail riding does not produce the heat at the same rate than does WFO hill pulls. Sidehilling produces the most heat @ WFO

****20 minutes of trail riding equals +- four 2 minute WFO hill pulls
****For quick "microwave" type heating, get yourself sidehilling at low speeds but high RPM's. A three minute WFO sidehill equals 11 minutes of trail riding or two 2 minute WFO hill pulls.

I find that the more "liquidy" the item you are trying to heat, the longer it takes to heat that item.

Hot dogs = Trail ride for 40 minutes, then 3.5 minutes of WFO sidehilling. Pull the tin foil off the top and take another 2 minute WFO hill pull. That will give the top of the hotdog a nice brown hue.

Hot pockets = About the same as hotdogs

Chili = Forty six WFO 2 minute hill pulls. Chili is tough, the outside may seem done, bu if you skimp on your pulls, you will have a cold center.

Fish = Put a table spoon of water inside the tin foil to keep it moist. Nothing worse than eating dry fish. Happily, this item takes much less time to heat up. A quick 20 minute trail ride and a 79 second WFO sidehill gets Martha Stewart jealous on the taste!!

A nice little thing I have seen some do is to unhook a EGT probe (If you have one), then spear the food item with it. You can then use your LCD readout to check the progress. I think this is selling out a bit, but you can't argue the results.

Hopefully this little guide will prove to be helpful. It took years, and about 50 pounds to get this muffpot cooking thing down to a science. So I got that going for me........................Which is nice!

beer gut
12-19-2007, 10:18 AM
so everyone is using wax paper? foil?cook bags?

For things like Hot Pockets/Pizza Rolls/burritos, I use "parchment paper". Then your food doesn't turn green from the foil. For things like cocktail weenies or anything juicy, I use oven bags. Both should be available in your grocery store.

-Alticity Films-
12-19-2007, 10:18 AM
I recommended a tin of smoked oysters. Often this takes two Chef's. The first Chef ask's to borrow a sled with a Muff pot on it. He then rides it in to the trees and quickly stabs some holes in the Oyster tin and puts it into the Muff Pot. The sled is then returned to the owner who will now unknowingly become the second chef. It is a good idea to compliment the owner of the sled about how good it runs when you return it.

The second chef cooks the oysters (the longer the better) and is greeted with a surprise meal when the Muff Pot is re-opened. Voila! Fine Cuisine on the mountain.

Check out Alticity 3 for a visual aid to this process. haha

Skogen
12-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Alberta beef is BEST

I wish I could have WET dreams that were as wild as that idea! :):):)

SHEFFY40
12-19-2007, 03:15 PM
We have muff pots on both of our sleds...summit 600 and a XRS 800.Even when im pinning it the food never seems to get hot only warm....do you guys actually get hot food???

Snort
12-19-2007, 04:02 PM
With the buddies, he wraps hot dogs or cheddar smokies in a shop towel and throws them in. The towel soaks up any grease and it works well.

ice auger
12-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Thats a great idea snot...thanks

Supplicate
12-19-2007, 04:09 PM
With the buddies, he wraps hot dogs or cheddar smokies in a shop towel and throws them in. The towel soaks up any grease and it works well.
I guess that would work if you wanted petroleum flavored food :D

I might suggest using just standard paper towels from the kitchen rather then the blue Shop Towels. Then wrap the paper towel with aluminum foil.

I'll be putting muffpots on both of my sleds this year :)

K.Materi
12-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Have any of you tried to build a fire for your muffpot? We did this weekend and it worked great.:beer;

CatWoman
12-19-2007, 05:29 PM
We have muff pots on both of our sleds...summit 600 and a XRS 800.Even when im pinning it the food never seems to get hot only warm....do you guys actually get hot food???

I've burnt my tongue/mouth more than once from the food being hot. :o Where is your placement of the muff pots? That could have something to do with it.

Adrenaline Revolution
12-19-2007, 05:44 PM
I've burnt my tongue/mouth more than once from the food being hot. :o Where is your placement of the muff pots? That could have something to do with it.

I really need to see some pictures of how y'all mounted your muffpots on a REV 800 ('05). Also how the heck do you mount it?
I used the hose clamps that came with mine on my 2000 700 right at the "Y" pipe and I wouldn't get more than 2 rides out of it and the clamps would break.
Really sorry about hijacking this thread but I need to know!!!

BTW My favorite is garlic Brats....MmmMMmm Good ! I BBQ them the day before the ride and wrap them in foil.
When I put the food in the Muff Pot my riding buddies made fun of me.
When I pulled the Brats out later and they were all steamy and smelling awesome I saw one of my buddies drool.....just a little bit:D

xcrash911
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
another vote for oven bags!! they're cheap and keep the mess to the minimum, I use them every time

02prox440
12-19-2007, 07:50 PM
I think I might have to get a muffpot this winter

Motley Doo
12-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Just got mine yesterday, SWEEEET! But now I'm hungry.

2walla
12-19-2007, 08:20 PM
My muffpot is mounted on my hps can so that it is level when the sled is sitting. Unfortunatly I think the cool air vent kits keep too much air flowing thru to allow it to get too hot. I am trying to figure out a spot that might get a bit hotter or maybe make something to deflect/block the airflow so it would get a bit warmer. As for food, Wal Mart has some chicken egg rolls that are about $2.75 for 6 of them they are really good! I defrost them before I go and they will get warm, but not hot enough to burn. They are quite popular with the group!

OCDsledder
12-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Beer Gut was the Chef on the trail last year at the CO 4M ride. He sold me on the Muff Pot. I had to get one for each of our sleds so I don't have to share my food. I think Little smokies in a little BBQ sauce are the ticket.

Ride907
12-19-2007, 09:24 PM
This post should be called "How to attract Bears" ..:D JK Good old garlic sausage. NOTHING WITH CHEESE.. lol found this out the hard way..

hehe.... See a lot of bears around during the WINTER do ya? Maybe during the spring....

ace59
12-19-2007, 09:46 PM
little smokies with the injected cheese. drain the extra juice, wrap in foil and put a folded paper towel in the bottom of the hot dogger to soak up any leakage. :beer;:beer;

Mod-R
12-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Anyone try anything like pizza?

Left over pizza works good, just layer slices with wax paper in between
each slice.

Mod-R
12-19-2007, 11:34 PM
another vote for oven bags!! they're cheap and keep the mess to the minimum, I use them every time

Oven bags, wax paper, partchment paper or I've even scored free french bread oven bags from the bakery to put the hot pockets I'm buying on the way out. NEVER Aluminum foil, makes the food 'Black' and probably gives you
Alzheimers!!!:face-icon-small-con

magician
12-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Smoked clams....bring a bunch of toothpicks and everyone can try them...
Becareful had a can blowup on me once. Wasn't pretty.. There was pieces of clams stuck everywhere to the pipe.

cowkiller
12-20-2007, 01:02 AM
NEVER Aluminum foil, makes the food 'Black' and probably gives you Alzheimers!!!:face-icon-small-con

It ain't all bad, you get to wrap your own Christmas gifts and it seems like you're always meeting new people.

cowkiller
12-20-2007, 01:09 AM

It ain't a microwave You have to ride a while,you Know like a while.
ride until you can smell it. depending on alot of things it can take an hour or more. usually when you start smelling it you're ready to eat.

T-Bone
12-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Becareful had a can blowup on me once. Wasn't pretty.. There was pieces of clams stuck everywhere to the pipe.

Not related to muffpot cooking, but that reminds me of the time I let a friend ride my extra sled. He put a jar of green olives in the back of the sled, not in a glove or anything. We go out and ride, sometime during the day the jar broke. We had most everything we needed in my sled, so we never even looked in the back of his sled. Well, we load up and go home and it turned out to be the last ride of the season. Fast forward to next december, going out riding I open the back of my other sled, and lets just say it wasn't pretty. The smell alone of rotted green olives was just about enough to make my stomach turn. The broken glass and rotten, moldy, 8 month old olive remnants was just a nice bonus.

beer gut
12-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Another tip -- after eating, just fill it with snow. Makes them way easier to clean (works better with the muffpot, but also works with the hotdogger)...

PJ-Hunter
12-20-2007, 01:45 PM

Nuthin like a little clam on your pipe;) J/K Iv'e never owned one, what's a good food to start out with cooking? I'm getting tired of the dry, tasteless sandwiches from the gas station. Something that is just as easy to eat as it is to cook. Really don't wanna carry silverware and napkins. I have enough stuff in my pack! Thanks

beer gut
12-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Hot Pockets, Pizza Rolls, egg rolls, cocktail weenies, burritos, and I'm sure many more are pretty much wrap 'em up and drop 'em in...

Powderhound
12-20-2007, 03:15 PM
$1.99 Burrito at any convenient store, or get you a bag of bite size pizza Bites. People might laugh at you until it is hot, and they are eating crackers, cheese and cold sausage.... :D:D

12-20-2007, 04:10 PM
We like putting the calzones from Safeway in. Also the cheese fondue comes in its on foil bag and we through that in a muffpot, take some crackers or sourdough bread along and its great. If you have a good Barbque place order something extra and you'll have everbody as your best friend.

Steve :rolleyes:

SHEFFY40
12-20-2007, 07:31 PM
It ain't a microwave You have to ride a while,you Know like a while.
ride until you can smell it. depending on alot of things it can take an hour or more. usually when you start smelling it you're ready to eat.

It isnt a microwave...ahhhhhhh crap i thought it was :D....Ive ridden for hours......and pinned it for hours and it still doesnt get very warm....just luke warm?

Jeff C
01-02-2008, 11:19 AM
...............NEVER Aluminum foil, makes the food 'Black' and probably gives you
Alzheimers!!!:face-icon-small-con

I was trying to remember what I usually wrap my hotdogs in................

That must be what I use!

Scott
01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Does it depend on where you mount the muff pot? If you put it on a stock single pipe, does it have to be down between the header pipe and expansion chamber, or will it heat enough if it's back by where the pipe and exhaust mate up at the outlet end of the expansion chamber?

Will it heat faster with twins or on a single?

Oregongirl
01-02-2008, 02:33 PM
I don't go to any extra effort when cooking pre-package items like burritos, hot pockets, or little smokies....I just throw them in the pot as they come packaged from the store, and hit the road. :p Cooks up great every time! I usually carry a second meal in my pack and throw it in after we eat our first course. YUMMY!! :D

Bagger
01-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Used my new Muff Pot (thanks Santa!) this past weekend....cut up a tough old flank steak into 1" square pieces, placed them in a ziplock with chunked up peppers, onion, Tiger Sauce and whatever else sounded good at the moment.
Threw all that into the fridge for three days.
Wrapped it up in aluminum foil and took it riding. 'bout 30 minutes before we wanted to eat I put it in the pot and hit a meadow.......
I was out of breath about 15 minutes later and stopped. Holy Chit! That smelled so good I couldn't wait. D and I had great, tender, HOT medium rare steak for lunch......
I put the pot just out from the y pipe (07 RMK) and 15 minutes (gunning it)was plenty to heat thawed food. B

Ex-Member
01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm chowin' down on a crock-pot favorite of mine... Need five ingredients: Alfredo sauce, lasagna noodles, shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced ham, and sliced turkey.

Pour some alfredo sauce in the crockpot, layer of lasagna noodles, sauce, cheese, meat, cheese, sauce, noodles, sauce, cheese, meat, cheese... high for ~3 hours... delicious.

BeerFart
01-02-2008, 09:41 PM
I dont know if its just me but I had a heck of a time mounting the muffpot in my M7. I couldnt find a place that didnt touch the cowling or something in the way. Any one else have better luck? Maybe a Picture.

Freak
01-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I used to use a muffpot but my neighbor bought me one of these for my birthday and I love it, so much easier.....

http://www.stanley-pmi.com/shop/product_detail.aspx?ProductID=44

CatLady
01-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Got one at the sled show. But, have not been out yet.Can't wait until I get to try some of these ideas. Michael just about has his sled put together from last year. We are talking about trying a ride this sunday if his back feels like it .:D

hosman_007
01-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Anybody know where to get em or have pics of theirs??? I bought one but it is a peice of crap...lid won't stay on for 5 mins of riding.....mine does not have the top latch to keep lid secure like some I have seen.

Abominable
01-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Anybody know where to get em or have pics of theirs??? I bought one but it is a peice of crap...lid won't stay on for 5 mins of riding.....mine does not have the top latch to keep lid secure like some I have seen.

My dealer had it in stock (saves shipping) or you can get it from FTi: http://webstore.technologyservicesmanagementgroup.com/Stores/fullthrottleinc/Browse_Item_Details.asp?HSD=1&Item_ID=5

mtnsun
01-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Muff (pot) is a dish best served cold! Or something like that!!!

teamillusion
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
We have been trying a couple new things but what has worked the best is...
the good old garlic sausage and onions
pre-cooked meatballs with honey garlic sauce
and chicken wings

sixpointbull
01-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Mini cheeseburgers (same as White Castles) two fit just right.

firecatguy
01-19-2008, 12:27 AM
i found anything that just needs warming up works good!!cheese and ham hot pockets are the best!!use oven bags everytime!! thanks everyone still trying diffrent things but thats what worked so far!!

sleddawg01
01-23-2008, 11:36 PM
It isnt a microwave...ahhhhhhh crap i thought it was :D....Ive ridden for hours......and pinned it for hours and it still doesnt get very warm....just luke warm?

I have a 2005 Rev 800 as well and have the same problem. I was just told this last weekend to cut the heat shield off of the pipe right where the MuffPot attaches. Make the cut out area just big enough for it to sit on the pipe. I think I'm going to try this. If anyone has tried this, let me know.

SHEFFY40
01-24-2008, 12:22 AM
I have a 2005 Rev 800 as well and have the same problem. I was just told this last weekend to cut the heat shield off of the pipe right where the MuffPot attaches. Make the cut out area just big enough for it to sit on the pipe. I think I'm going to try this. If anyone has tried this, let me know.

Keep us posted how it works afterwards:)

J-Roc
01-25-2008, 03:36 AM
Any more updates, guys? I'm gonna try this...

student driver
01-25-2008, 07:18 AM
I use the Hot Dogger, it was the first and is the same idea.
Works awsome and lasted 2 years longer (so far) than the Muff Pot we had on my wife's sled.
My personal favorite is cheddar filled little smokies. A pound of them normally takes care of me and 1 or 2 other people for lunch, depending on if it's my wife or one of the guys I ride with. Wife just doesn't eat as much. lol

I've normally got those in the Hot Dogger and in my pocket is a zip lock bag with toothpics in it.
They make a good fork so that you aren't getting greese on your fingers to get into your gloves after.

Mountain West Motorsports
01-25-2008, 09:52 AM
This is a great thread about using your Muffpot and some great food ideas as well. But I just got one for Christmas and I am not sure where to mount it on my pipe also. What is the best place to mount the muffpot?? I have a 05 Rev with stock pipe and HPS can.
Can someone please advise me and let me know where the best place to mount this at.

Thanks

sandrailboy
01-25-2008, 10:31 AM
i found i can put 4 to 6 bbqed chicken legs in mine oven bag and wrapped in tinfoil little water to keep them moist.................

MOWER800
01-27-2008, 08:20 PM
buffalo wings heat up real nice

Ill Named
01-27-2008, 10:57 PM

I have a Hot Pot. Basically the same as the muff pot. On my rev I cut the first part of the heat shield off up to the first clamp that holds it on after the y pipe. Works awesome. The food gets really hot, I have to be careful not to burn my mouth.
Try sausage rolls, they turn out great.

mtcatgirl
01-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Check out the the Sled Cooking video clip we shot with At Your Leisure
http://www.atyourleisure.info/episodes.asp?season=5&episode=20&category=4

All of the ideas and recipes in the book have been tried on a variety of sleds, in the various cookers!
Want more info. e-mail me at sledcookin101@aol.com or order the cookbook by submitting $14.50 per book through paypal to the sledcookin101@aol.com address. ($1 is designated for donation to SAWS ( http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org )
Please be sure to send your mailing address info in the paypal response.
Let It Snow!

Thank you to J.D. from Casper, Wyo for the heads up!

firecatguy
01-31-2008, 08:29 AM
I put my muffpot on the side of my bikeman can!!works great!!

Jonce
11-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Just installed a Hot Dogger on my sled - looking to cook some pizza rolls this year. I think a few of my friends are going to be adding this mod after the first ride.

NWGooser
11-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Our family has three favorites.
When my wife is with us she will make breakfast burritos w/sausage, potato, etc. wrap them in saran wrap and then foil. These are great. My favorite is to just slice up a keilbasa and let it cook.
Our daughter likes spagetti O's (what can I say). When ever she rolls her sled it has a nice marinara aroma:)

Wish
11-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Hot pockets are the norm for us....but I've done the breakfast burritos too, pretty good! I'll have to try some of the oven bags....course one of the ladies has some new hot item...:confused: Snackerpackers or something like that, made for the hotdogger/muffpots.....I'd like to see how those work! :o

Bman
11-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Corn Dogs! Put 'em in frozen. They'll be done by lunch and crispy. Don't forget to bring a few packets of mustard. You just can't beat food on a stick. Also bring a ziplock with those little mini doughnuts for dessert. Just like being at the midway and riding the roller coaster all day. :D

http://s495.photobucket.com/albums/rr312/pauz11/th_corndog.jpg

SnowSnob
11-11-2008, 03:57 PM
I used to use a muffpot but my neighbor bought me one of these for my birthday and I love it, so much easier.....

http://www.stanley-pmi.com/shop/product_detail.aspx?ProductID=44

I'm a little curious about this Freak. Do you put whatever hot food you want in and it keeps it hot all day??
Can you elaborate for me?
http://www.stanley-pmi.com/shop/images/products/heatkeeper-17oz-grey.gif

Midge907
11-11-2008, 08:38 PM
I cook up eggrolls using the meat from a rotieseri? chicken, mixed with cream cheese, and with or without jalepenos. After there cooked I roll them up in wax paper and mark it with a yes or no for if it has jalepenos, and then throw them in the freezer. When its time to go ride, I just line my hotdogger with foil and about an hour later I have a great lunch. If you have been on Burandts tour, then good chance you have had these before, since thats where I got the idea.

Team Pigeon
11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Dill Salmon at 7500 feet. All muff, all day!

SLEDIOT
11-11-2008, 08:51 PM
I but a pack of Cheddar Jalapeno smokies and add 1/2lb of prawns and a 1/4 cube of garlic butter. Wash it all down with M-80 Monster drink mixed 50/50 with Smirnoff. Then a lil' 900cc m7-162 for dessert............

Double Ds
11-11-2008, 09:26 PM
try left over spaghetti put it in a zip lock make sure the air is out, and wrap it in foil.MMMMMMMMMMM good only one problem i had I frigging forgot the fork. I improvised tore a hole in the corner and squirted it in like a frosting tube. thats what memories are made of is guess. good luck!!!!!!!!!!

foxyrmk
11-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Hot pockets are the norm for us....but I've done the breakfast burritos too, pretty good! I'll have to try some of the oven bags....course one of the ladies has some new hot item...:confused: Snackerpackers or something like that, made for the hotdogger/muffpots.....I'd like to see how those work! :o

YEP wish they are snackerpackers. They are for the hotdogger as well. Basically a oven bag for them. Shwee from the ladiesride forum has used them and likes them.

I have used them mostly for hot pockets, little smokies w/bar-b-que sauce, other than I did have left over lasagna once.

justadude
11-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Oysters on the half shell!!:beer;:D

rotax
11-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Lil smokies in bbq suace is great...
Just wish I could do it on my own sled.
Maybe I could just use tin foil, or those oven bags? and secure it to the top of the turbo...hmm... haha
Point and shoot a few times...and foods on!

Unfortunately I gave away my reason for riding with and towing in my buddies Cat! :P
OH, and maybe cuz he helped me drag out my trackless Rev on a fun filled, day long adventure...ahh it sounds so much better when put that way. lol

wideopenlemans
12-23-2008, 07:05 PM
save your time here is the recipe book

freejay
12-23-2008, 07:16 PM
save your time here is the recipe book

No linky...:confused:

racincowboy
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Has anyone thought of foodsaver bags? I know i have boiled stuff in them before just wondered if anyone has used them in their muff pot? I think I will try that on the next ride and then its sealed and no mess just seal the bag without sucking the air out. What do you guys think?

storeytellin
01-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Keep it simple. frozen pizza rolls in aluminum foil, frozen burritos, frozen hot pockets, any flavor, frozen egg rolls are good, but your hungry again in 15 minutes. Hot dogs are a classic, the original hot dogger was named for a reason......basic rule on frozen/pre-cooked is when you smell it, chances are it is pretty close to done. The fun is trying new stuff, just get out and do it.

Stephy
01-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Dill Salmon at 7500 feet. All muff, all day!

Put a little maple syrup on the Dill Salmon......Yummmmm!

hurtinalbertin
01-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Jeff.C thats the funnest s**t I've heard in a long time, wife and I had tears in our eyes

brahm
02-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Whooo just got my muff put today. I think this weekend I'm going to try for some Tri-tip!

jdizzle
02-19-2009, 03:41 PM
meatballs with some sauce is one of my favorites, my buddy does a breakfast burritto and then some hot wings for lunch!!!!

GoBigParts
03-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Can someone look on their Muffpot or Hotpot for a manufacturer name and or phone number. Maybe its on the box it came in. I know where to buy I just have a few questions for the Manufacturer. These things are cool.

Thanks
Randy

firecatguy
03-03-2009, 08:48 AM
http://fti.babyfrogs.com/support.asp

http://fti.babyfrogs.com/index.asp

Keystone
03-03-2009, 09:08 AM
A few weeks ago we were on a riding trip and went out to dinner, my girlfriend orderd prime rib, she wasnt feeling very good so she didnt eat it. we asked the waitress if she could bring us some tin foil, we poured the aju juice on it and dbl wraped it. WOW.. MUST TRY.. everything tastes better at altitude. lol.

ODLEONSNOW
09-20-2009, 06:38 PM
I have seen it already but the oven bags can be cut up and trimmed to fit and your food doesn;t taste like aluminum or turn grey.
happy trails

firecatguy
09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
oven bags are the way to go..

live2ride
09-20-2009, 10:11 PM
These are made to use in the Muff Pot!!!

Snacker Packer (http://www.snackerpackers.com/)

furthur
09-20-2009, 10:40 PM
oven bags are the way to go..

I just wrap in parchment paper, but that only works on relatively dry food (burritos, sandwiches, etc.).

mtcatgirl
09-22-2009, 10:03 PM
For the adventurous at heart, to prepare a great meal, Sledcookin101 cookbooks are available now.
The cookbook is printed on water resistant pages with the design to take along in mind. The guide incorporates hints, ideas, humor and multiple recipes resulting from first hand experience. There’s no need to rough it when it comes to having a hot meal when you’re out riding any more. This guide will make a great addition to your sled gear and is a gift choice for those sled friends on your holiday shopping list.
E-mail all order requests or inquiries to
sledcookin101@aol.com or purchase by using http://www.paypal.com/us
On the PayPal site, choose Send money, Purchase goods using the sledcookin101@aol.com e-mail address
$13 includes handling & regular mail USPS shipping and $1 will go to the SAWS organization.

ballsOut
09-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Noone's mentioned this and it might throw a few of you off unless you've been to the U.P. ....a pasty is excellent in the muffpot! it's shape fits the muff pot snug so it don't get beat up, very filling , and tastes great! Don't forget cher ketchup EH!

http://kenanderson.net/pasties/michigan.html

Scut Farkus
09-26-2009, 02:32 PM
i make a dozen chicken enchiladas, freeze them and then cook em up on the muffpot. as mentioned before, oven bags or snacker packer keep it clean. we also cook pork carnitas, pulled pork sandwiches and cube steak with peppers and onions. yum a dum dum.

BYOB
09-26-2009, 07:38 PM
My favorite: 1 inch cubes of venison tenderloin marinaded overnight in a mix of crown royal rye, hickory smoke bbq sauce, and some Montreal steak spice. Slice up some onion and mushrooms. On the hill, toss in the veggies with the tenderloin cubes and some sauce into a oven bag. Go ride until you can smell the onions cooking. Grab a fork and enjoy the medium rare medallions with sauteed onions and mushrooms. Bring a slice of Italian bread or 2 to soak up the sauce. Wash down with a frosty barley based beverage of your preference. Perfect!

nicksxr
11-16-2009, 06:41 AM
bump a good thread back to the top

firecatguy
11-16-2009, 02:33 PM
bump a good thread back to the top

awsome thread I wounder if they will send me a check then?

CatWoman
01-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Back up since it's time for cooking again! :)

shaneo11
03-01-2010, 06:00 PM
TTT....I like reading all the recipes.

skimike
03-02-2010, 07:31 AM
homemade brownies are very good, I had mine on the pipe next to they pipe on my m8 but it kept coming loose so I put it on my wifes mt. cat on the pipe where its flat and there is no insulation. we were burning the brownie on my sled after a hour, burritos are good lasagna is good casseroles are good, you just don't want juicy stuff , I use parchment paper and foil, do not confuse parchment paper with wax paper , don't use wax because the wax will melt and it wont taste good, your food will taste like a candle.it seems to me it a lot easier to just reheat food , rather than cooking from scratch.

summit-x
03-02-2010, 09:18 PM
never used a muffpot before, would be kind of nice when your out pulling big chutes to pull over a roast a dog or 2:face-icon-small-coo

firecatguy
03-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I cant even read my own thread...bwahahahahaha

give me on chance and I will delete this entire post....

CatWoman
12-11-2010, 04:28 PM
:bump2: for this season. :)

montanaboy
12-31-2010, 10:45 AM
just a few items that we have tried in the past...

-lil smokies (various flavors)
-shrimp
-meatballs
-burritos
-hot pockets

again the reynolds oven bags like stated earlier in the thread work perfectly, just use a twist tie to seal it up and viola no mess!! and again cooking time will depend on mounting location and sled. usually mount the pot on the sled first thing and by time lunch rolls around everything is nice and hot!

skadoo24
12-31-2010, 11:35 AM
They should have a top chef episode using nothing but a sled and a muff pot

spencerjns@msn.com
01-07-2011, 08:03 AM
You need to take the insulation off one section of the pipe and put the pot directly on the pipe and it works great.

freejay
01-07-2011, 05:48 PM
The oven bags are good for keeping the mess inside but they suck for crisping chicken wings!! I guess you have to choose your battles...

montanagrizzly
02-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Just bought my MuffPot today and will be using it on the hill tomorrow! Can't wait to sink my teeth into some hot garlic Brats! Yummy! And the look on my buddies face......:face-icon-small-sho

Adventuregirl
02-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Line the cooker with a slow cooker bag...works better than lining it with foil

Boston Racing
02-16-2011, 09:04 PM
We use parchment paper then a layer of tinfoil on the outside. ......Crispy food. Montery Taquito are awesome. The Hot Pot can fit 2 layers of 5. If you flip them right you get crispy trail taquitos:face-icon-small-coo

CatWoman
02-16-2011, 09:07 PM
We use parchment paper then a layer of tinfoil on the outside. ......Crispy food. Montery Taquito are awesome. The Hot Pot can fit 2 layers of 5. If you flip them right you get crispy trail taquitos:face-icon-small-coo

Exactly how I do it for more crispy type food (frozen burritos are nice because you can carry extra in your backpack or tunnel bag)...oven bags for other things (like shrimp scampi). :)

firecatguy
10-13-2011, 06:51 PM
ttt

Scott
11-08-2012, 01:38 PM
ttt

GoBigParts
11-10-2012, 05:30 AM
We started to do fresh foods like Chicken Wings, steak and so one. These are reserved for the muffpots that are close to the Y-pipe and get real hot.

Otherwise I really like the Jalapino poppers.

A whole selection of cookers: http://www.gobigparts.com/Hot-Dogger-and-Cookers.html

:face-icon-small-hap

nyal
11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Mini Apple or Cherry pies make a nice treat too after a hot lunch. Carefull, they will burn the ______ out of your mouth.