PDA

View Full Version : New 2015 Yamaha Mountain Max???

christopher
04-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Not that I would be in a position to confirm or deny this, but now that someone else has published it, I suppose its fair game for discussion...

http://sledrumors.com/2013/01/27/2014-ski-doo-polaris-arctic-cat-yamaha-snowmobile-predictions-and-launch-dates/

2014 Yamaha Snowmobiles
2014 Yamaha mountain sleds will be basically the same.

The flat-lander sleds will get all the attention for model year 2014, but the 2015 Yamaha mountain snowmobiles will make a comeback.

Watch for a 4-stroke, 200HP Mountain Max that weighs 500 pounds or less but be patient for another year.

The countdown has begun..

BigFish BC
04-09-2013, 03:06 PM
:cheer2:you mean only 2 more year:face-icon-small-dis:deadhorse:

couch
04-09-2013, 03:49 PM
sorry ... not me ... way too much hype this year for a NEW sticker on a cat. Yamaha had a chance this year to make a splash and they blew it.

08nytromtxa
04-09-2013, 06:13 PM
sorry ... not me ... way too much hype this year for a NEW sticker on a cat. Yamaha had a chance this year to make a splash and they blew it.

until you ride one and have the same yamaha reliability as a nytro how can you say they blew it?

motojunkie101
04-09-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm still standing by my word, I will be snow checking a '15 if it is anything close to what we think is in the works.

Sent from my Commando

Devilmanak
04-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Those rumors were over half wrong. I would totally be into a new Yamaha if it is true.

christopher
04-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Those rumors were over half true.

I think there is going to be a new sled in my future.:face-icon-small-hap

Calvin42
04-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm still standing by my word, I will be snow checking a '15 if it is anything close to what we think is in the works.

Sent from my Commando

I'm with ya. If Yamaha puts out a mountain sled with 200hp, around 500lbs from the factory, I'm ordering one.

Tarzannr1
04-10-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm with ya. If Yamaha puts out a mountain sled with 200hp, around 500lbs from the factory, I'm ordering one.
If its a real Yamaha and not a copycat then i will be ordering one to.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!
04-10-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm hoping for a lightweight direct injected triple two-stroke and a 4-stroke factory boosted also available as well.

If they are gonna bring back the Mountain Max name it had better be a true mountain chassis and not a glorified trail sled. And it has to be a triple whether is a two or four-stroke:face-icon-small-win

av8er
04-10-2013, 06:26 PM
of course Yamaha will have a long track viper for 2015, it is inevitable it will be a proclimb chassis with the Nytro motor probably and they will probably offer the MC express turbo as a factory installed option. This is what I want from Yamaha a viper (proclimb) with a 162"x 2.6" power claw, and a Nytro motor with yamaha clutches then put an Impulse Turbo on it about 310HP on Avgas. then you have Yamaha 4 -stroke reliability, and Big HP, Yamaha clutches, proclimb Chassis, and the new Powerclaw. Another big plus would be Raptor coil overs from the factory. I would defiinitely jump ship from Cat 2 stroke turbo to Yamaha 4 stroke Turbo- best of the best!!

allied1
04-10-2013, 08:52 PM
of course Yamaha will have a long track viper for 2015, it is inevitable it will be a proclimb chassis with the Nytro motor probably and they will probably offer the MC express turbo as a factory installed option. This is what I want from Yamaha a viper (proclimb) with a 162"x 2.6" power claw, yamaha clutches and a Nytro motor with yamaha clutches then put an Impulse Turbo on it about 310HP on Avgas. then you have Yamaha 4 -stroke reliability, and Big HP, Yamaha clutches, proclimb Chassis, and the new Powerclaw. Another big plus would be Raptor coil overs from the factory. I would defiinitely jump ship from Cat 2 stroke turbo to Yamaha 4 stroke Turbo- best of the best!!

That sounds a lot like my newly acquired Viper XTX next fall is going to look like! Can't wait!

av8er
04-10-2013, 10:31 PM
I want a 162" minimum

icr
04-10-2013, 10:43 PM
I want a 162" minimum

Easy to do with cat factory parts.

Jager Bomb 243
04-11-2013, 07:19 AM
I ordered a Viper XTX as well, if/when I go to the mountains next year I have the option of putting the powerclaw track on the viper (factory track from XF highcountry model) if everything would clear underneath.

As far as the new 15 sleds go they said at the dealer meeting, in Febuary, they are coming out with a new sled with a new engine each year for the next 5 years. So time will tell!! I think its a good thing to have these two manufactuers "share technology" its good for both brands.

allied1
04-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Easy to do with cat factory parts.

Bingo! It's going to be a fun project! Lots of cool aftermarket parts out there already for the Cat Pro Climb.

christopher
04-11-2013, 09:15 AM
of course Yamaha will have a long track viper for 2015, it is inevitable it will be a proclimb chassis with the Nytro motor probably and they will probably offer the MC express turbo as a factory installed option. This is what I want from Yamaha a viper (proclimb) with a 162"x 2.6" power claw, yamaha clutches and a Nytro motor with yamaha clutches then put an Impulse Turbo on it about 310HP on Avgas. then you have Yamaha 4 -stroke reliability, and Big HP, Yamaha clutches, proclimb Chassis, and the new Powerclaw. Another big plus would be Raptor coil overs from the factory. I would defiinitely jump ship from Cat 2 stroke turbo to Yamaha 4 stroke Turbo- best of the best!!

That ain't asking much!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

christopher
04-18-2013, 09:10 PM
A few more tidbits that I came across today about the Nytro Replacement.

The new sled will be offered with a, hold your breath, a Factory 174 Looong Track option.

Brand new chassis designed and manufactured by Arctic Cat

Brand new 3 cylinder 4 stroke engine designed and manufactured by Yamaha, pulling it's new technology from the Motorcycle division's latest creations!

The engine will come factory boosted with a turbo on it.

The fate of this new sled depends on how the current partnership between Yamaha and Arctic Cat fares over the next 6 months.

Apparently there is a long list of changes that Yamaha is asking Arctic Cat to make to the Vyper Prototypes, chief among them being a resolution to the frame flex causing drive failures on Arctic Cats this season.

The long and short of it is this.
Yamaha is FORCING Arctic Cat to UP THEIR QUALITY, while Arctic Cat is forcing Yamaha to build a more time competitive sled that is not obsolete and over-engineered the day it is released after a development cycle that is entirely too long and drives up the retail price.

Like all marriages, both partners are being forced to make compromises they are not accustomed to. But the end result might be REALLY GOOD for both of them, and for us as well.

Now the bad news.
This sled is NOT scheduled to debut in 2014.
Looks like its aimed for a march 2015 debut.

So we have two more seasons of Nytro before our long awaited replacement shows itself.

christopher
04-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Also.
As for the MOUNTAIN MAX name.
It was suggested we should watch the Yamaha TRADEMARK to see if it gets renewed..

Renewal will come due in June 2014..

Typed Drawing
<hr align="LEFT" width="20"> <table border="0"><tbody><tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Word Mark </td> <td> MOUNTAIN MAX</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Goods and Services</td> <td>IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: snowmobiles and structural parts therefor. FIRST USE: 19950716. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19950716</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Mark Drawing Code</td> <td>(1) TYPED DRAWING</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT"> Serial Number</td> <td>74730580</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Filing Date</td> <td>September 18, 1995</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Current Basis</td> <td>1A</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Original Filing Basis</td> <td>1B</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Published for Opposition</td> <td> June 4, 1996</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Registration Number</td> <td>2070607</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Registration Date</td> <td>June 10, 1997</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Owner</td> <td>(REGISTRANT) Yamaha Hatsudoki Kabushiki Kaisha DBA Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. CORPORATION JAPAN 2500 Shingai, Iwata-shi Shizuoka-ken JAPAN</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Attorney of Record</td> <td>Jennifer M. Lantz</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Type of Mark</td> <td>TRADEMARK</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Register</td> <td>PRINCIPAL</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Affidavit Text</td> <td>SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20070606.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Renewal</td> <td>1ST RENEWAL 20070606</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Live/Dead Indicator</td> <td>LIVE</td></tr></tbody></table>

motojunkie101
04-19-2013, 08:57 AM
First in line!

Sent from my Commando

christopher
04-19-2013, 09:53 AM
http://designmyownwebsite.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/patience-is-a-virtue.jpg

K45
04-19-2013, 10:59 AM
http://designmyownwebsite.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/patience-is-a-virtue.jpg

Patience ?????????? Yamaha acts like its a big deal for them to put a Nytro engine in an Arctic Cat trail sled - and its a big deal that in a year to two to get a Mountain sled out with possible boost.

Look at what Two Guys in Alberta at thier boost-it shop did in a matter of a few weeks - Bought a 1100T, pulled out the POS 1100 and put in a Nytro engine, built and installed a turbo system for it, did a few other upgrades, got it on the snow for everyone to test at Yamafest - A SMALL SHOP and in a few WEEKS not years.

Get off your azzes Yamaha and get a real boosted mountain sled out there - sooner than later - your way bigger than a small shop that gets stuff done and gets it done right in a decent time frame - or better yet maybe Just hire NM to build your next mountain beast.

4strokesmoke
04-19-2013, 11:10 AM
More like a bunch of crap! Their words were " 5 new sleds and motors in the next five years and a new mountain sled in model year 2015." I'm ready to switch from xtx to a mountain sled. But I really dont want to buy an mtx to only feel that I need to dump thousands more into it to make it competitive. Then have a diff chassis come out later.
I'm starting to think that YMC is spoon feeding us a bunch of lines to string us along. First they say that there's nothing more to the Yamaha/Arctic cat agreement then the 120, next it's just that AC is building the viper for YMC for 3 years. Now it's talk of another AC built sled and no mountain sled for another 2 years. It's obvious they don't care about the mountain segment, but can somehow sponsor a RMSHA team.

I know your saying to be patient, but when your ready to buy your ready!

Oh and a factory 174", waist of time in my opinion. I feel that the guys that want one will make it any ways. I don't need a sled that's as long as a semi and weighs as much as a bulldozer but hey the motor will run forever. I don't see how they could sell enough to make it worth the time to make them.

Yamaha just needs to approach polaris and skidoo and say "hey we just want to sell you motors and quit building sleds then everyone can choose what sled they want a Yamaha motor in"
Sorry but it's just the way I'm starting to feel.

christopher
04-22-2013, 11:26 AM
All I can offer are tidbits that come across my desk.
So far as I know Yamaha is "forging" a new long term relationship with Arctic Cat. Right now it appears they have a short term (couple of years) contract with Arctic Cat to produce the Vyper.

If that works out then it appears there is great interest in merging the skill sets of the two companies to bring something "NEW" to the market that doesn't exist right now.

We all want it Yesterday, I got it, I am right there with ya.

But the reality is, these things really do that time, and Yamaha is known to be somewhat GLACIERish in their movements...:face-icon-small-hap

stingray719
05-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Made me sad to see 2015 Max would have triple 4-stroke. My Nytro and my Phazer are very near same weight yet Phazer is like riding a 300 pound sled cause the weight is down low. Not interested in another top heavy Yamaha and I was SOOOOOoooooooooooooo looking forward.

Guess I will make that call and see if that 2013 Cat is still for sale here and if they will take a S/C Nytro in trade. :face-icon-small-sad

motojunkie101
05-14-2013, 09:11 PM
There is a solid chance that the new mountain sled will have a new engine and chassis, don't jump ship just yet.

Sent from my Commando

Braapist
05-14-2013, 10:53 PM
I say we all just wait:face-icon-small-sho

madmax
07-05-2013, 09:40 PM
There will be a proclimb cat chassis with nytro motor mountain sled for 2015. Both cat and yammi will have their version. I'm making my own this year, XF cross country with a 162, 38 wide front and the MPI turbo. I loved my 1100turbo the last two seasons and with the nytro motor being 20-30lbs lighter it will be an awesome sled.

Vi-PEC Powersports
07-15-2013, 08:52 PM
There will be a proclimb cat chassis with nytro motor mountain sled for 2015. Both cat and yammi will have their version. I'm making my own this year, XF cross country with a 162, 38 wide front and the MPI turbo. I loved my 1100turbo the last two seasons and with the nytro motor being 20-30lbs lighter it will be an awesome sled.

Yamaha is feeding some aftermarket companies to be ready with some serious stuff this winter....like plugin Ecu, turbo kit and supercharger kit :) .Pay attention kitty 1100 turbo owner, reflashed or not, another level of performance will it the snow in november!!! It is so cool working with 3 cylinders and yamaha clutches ;)

vi-pec powersports

gunnerthesnowman
07-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Yamaha is feeding some aftermarket companies to be ready with some serious stuff this winter....like plugin Ecu, turbo kit and supercharger kit :) .Pay attention kitty 1100 turbo owner, reflashed or not, another level of performance will it the snow in november!!! It is so cool working with 3 cylinders and yamaha clutches ;)

vi-pec powersports

The day has to come were these sleds can be ordered right from the manufacturing companies ( Yamaha ) with this stuff already on it ( programmable ECU , gauges that i can program to see what ever the ECU sees , 3" - 162 or 174 tracks , mountain front ends ( skis-"A" arms) , a mountain rear skid that can handle the turbo HP ) Turboed
All the manufacturing companies play this game of feeding the aftermarket companies with info and sleds so someone else can build the stuff , why can,t I order it with what I want , instead of spending money twice.
The auto industry ( 3/4 & 1 ton trucks) did this , exhaust brakes , air bags , more power etc.
The sled industry is light years behind.

m1kflyingtiger
07-16-2013, 01:01 PM
The day has to come were these sleds can be ordered right from the manufacturing companies ( Yamaha ) with this stuff already on it ( programmable ECU , gauges that i can program to see what ever the ECU sees , 3" - 162 or 174 tracks , mountain front ends ( skis-"A" arms) , a mountain rear skid that can handle the turbo HP ) Turboed
All the manufacturing companies play this game of feeding the aftermarket companies with info and sleds so someone else can build the stuff , why can,t I order it with what I want , instead of spending money twice.
The auto industry ( 3/4 & 1 ton trucks) did this , exhaust brakes , air bags , more power etc.
The sled industry is light years behind.

Because everyone makes more money when you mod your sled, and the majority of us are going to have the sled the way we want it regardless of if we can buy it or build it.

christopher
07-16-2013, 01:22 PM
why can,t I order it with what I want , instead of spending money twice.

One simple answer is
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCES BOARD

Yamaha, by NOT factory installing Turbos or Superchargers is able to SKIRT around the restrictive emissions mandates.

if YOU install it aftermarket, YOU can do anything you want.
if Yamaha does it, then it MUST be 100% compliant..

gunnerthesnowman
07-16-2013, 02:50 PM
One simple answer is

Yamaha, by NOT factory installing Turbos or Superchargers is able to SKIRT around the restrictive emissions mandates.

Then I should be able to buy a bear engine and bulkhead ( chassis ) for the guys building moded sleds ,I know , it will never happen:face-icon-small-fro , it would cut into there profit , the manufactures like using these rules too :light:

christopher
07-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Novel idea though.
A MOD READY sled...

Shattered1
07-17-2013, 12:33 AM
One simple answer is

How does Arctic Cat sell a turbo charged four stroke mountain sled then? I would think Yamaha has the ability to do whatever Arctic Cat did in order to sell a factory boosted sled.

m1kflyingtiger
07-17-2013, 07:22 AM
They could and hopefully will, but it's going to be a detuned version to pass emissions standards. Cats turbo four stroke can gain a lot just with a ecu reflash. So if Yami does go the route of stock turboed expect it to perform, but not like your mod sled. Would be nice to just upgrade parts though rather than start from scratch.

M5-
07-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Compared to the trail market the mountain market is a small percentage of total sales. Bottom line is trail riders while lots do have turboed and supercharged sleds the vast majority don't and aren't demanding them, no demand = no product. If you are in flat land lets face it how long can you keep a turbo sled pinned to the bars, not very long so there really isn't the demand with the exception of a few hard core guys, ma and pa trail rider don't need or even want it. Until such time as Yamaha decides to truly address the mountain segment where we need the power and can use it I just don't see it happening. The proof is in the product, look at this latest offering they couldn't even be bothered to design their own sled. Sorry but LAME. JMO

M5

christopher
07-17-2013, 10:16 AM
How does Arctic Cat sell a turbo charged four stroke mountain sled then? I would think Yamaha has the ability to do whatever Arctic Cat did in order to sell a factory boosted sled.

NO DOUBT IN MY MIND!
They absolutely COULD do it.
And from what I have been told they WILL do it....

If the persistent rumors are true, you will see a Factory boosted EPA compliant OEM Yamaha sled surface in 2015

Very likely a "YamaCat"

Hopefully a new MountainMax...

motojunkie101
07-17-2013, 07:20 PM
If its a Yamicat, I'm not going to be as impressed as I would if it was it's own chassis. However, since my "wife's" sled is a '13 Proclimb and it handles freaking amazing...I'll make do with the best of both worlds :)

christopher
07-17-2013, 07:35 PM
The 2015 should be a brand new chassis..

Turbo11T
07-18-2013, 10:35 AM

one thing is that cat has a engine and fuel management system that was built directly to be a turboed engine. This likely leads to why cat is able to get over the EPA hurdle easier. Not saying the nytro engine could not do it. Just saying that the nytro engine was not designed by yamaha to be turbo'ed, just so turned out that is makes great power with a turbo

Tarzannr1
07-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Not that I would be in a position to confirm or deny this, but now that someone else has published it, I suppose its fair game for discussion...

http://sledrumors.com/2013/01/27/2014-ski-doo-polaris-arctic-cat-yamaha-snowmobile-predictions-and-launch-dates/

2014 Yamaha Snowmobiles
2014 Yamaha mountain sleds will be basically the same.

The flat-lander sleds will get all the attention for model year 2014, but the 2015 Yamaha mountain snowmobiles will make a comeback.

Watch for a 4-stroke, 200HP Mountain Max that weighs 500 pounds or less but be patient for another year.

The countdown has begun..
I really hope Yamaha comes with a self produced mountain and not a collaboration with Articcat. The disappointment and the Battle in the face is still high :(

christopher
07-22-2013, 10:10 AM
I know I am the odd man out here.
But I still think we will see better sleds with faster product development coming out of this new joint endeavor.

Turbo11T
07-22-2013, 11:32 AM
I know I am the odd man out here.
But I still think we will see better sleds with faster product development coming out of this new joint endeavor.

If you look at the history of arctic cat. . . The m7. Plagued with problems(F7 actaully) the m8 is not much different in design. Heavy, etc. Each year it got better and better. this is the normal progression for arctic cat. I suspect that the 2014 yamacat and arctic cat will be better than the 13 which was better than the 12. The yamaha engine is just going to add to the awesome.

christopher
07-22-2013, 03:39 PM
But if we look at the Nytro, it is, for the most part the very same sled they introduced years ago...

Turbo11T
07-22-2013, 05:39 PM
But if we look at the Nytro, it is, for the most part the very same sled they introduced years ago...

So your saying the 2013 nytro mtx had the same poor geometry that the 2008 had? You mean to say yamaha did not even make an attempt to fix these issues? Even though such things like a different design of aarms could have greatly increased the mountain ready out of the box ability of the nytro?

I own a 2012 cat and I will say it is not without its problems but even the 2012 proclimb chassis geometry hides the weight of the 4 stroke engine and handles well in the mountains. Part of me would love to upgrade to the new viper or a cat 7000 but I don't have the money to buy the sled and then the turbo kit it needs. I personally think it will be great and 2015 will be the same sled but in a full mountain version.

christopher
07-22-2013, 06:10 PM
What I am suggesting is that Yamaha is not particularly FAST in product evolution. Yes, deficiencies are identified and addressed, but how much new INNOVATION have we seen on the 2008 Nytro??

TrashCat
07-25-2013, 10:08 AM

Is that a trashcat?

Tell ya what.....

if this actually happens not only will I buy one but I will change my name back to yammy1320.

Tarzannr1
07-26-2013, 07:56 AM
Fuucckk that YamaCat!

christopher
07-26-2013, 01:59 PM
if this actually happens not only will I buy one but I will change my name back to yammy1320.

Looking forward to the name change.
http://www.spaceelevatorblog.com/images/patience.jpg

motojunkie101
07-26-2013, 08:57 PM
In the meantime...I wonder if 2014 Viper graphics will fit the '13 snopro in my garage....

YAMA S
07-30-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm just hoping this new Mountain Max isn't a fabled creature like this one!! Been trying to put my sights on one of these for years. Its kinda like waiting on Yamaha to come up with something new & cool.
5X4 Jackalope would make a AWESOME wall trophy!!

http://spookspot.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/jackalope.jpg

minet
07-30-2013, 05:21 PM
they been waiting .. propheting.. ect for a new rhino every year also.

thread just reminded me of that lol

cpittsy
07-30-2013, 06:33 PM
they been waiting .. propheting.. ect for a new rhino every year also.

thread just reminded me of that lol

We got a new Viking in. Pretty disappointing.

christopher
09-08-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm just hoping this new Mountain Max isn't a fabled creature like this one!! Been trying to put my sights on one of these for years. Its kinda like waiting on Yamaha to come up with something new & cool.
5X4 Jackalope would make a AWESOME wall trophy!!

http://spookspot.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/jackalope.jpg

All we can do is WAIT and HOPE and make sure we let Yamaha know exactly what it is that WE WANT!

5 months from now we should know if there is any truth to it or not...

m8magicandmystery
09-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Yamaha will be building a new golf cart to transport the 2020 participants at the Olympics in Japan...that's all they will be doing..

christopher
09-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Yamaha will be building a new golf cart to transport the 2020 participants at the Olympics in Japan...that's all they will be doing..
Oh Ye of LITTLE Faith!!:face-icon-small-hap

Tarzannr1
09-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Some more rumors?

RACINSTATION
09-26-2013, 02:35 PM
No rumor, just a question. Has Yamaha ever disappointed us?

YAMA S
09-26-2013, 03:16 PM

YES, Every time I see their "Mountain" sled line up for the past 15yrs. Can they be made into Mountain sleds? Yes, for 8-15k

Case in point. Snowest mountain sled challenge doesn't even have a yamaha in it!!! Enough said

vector boy
09-26-2013, 07:22 PM

Yes, but also no.
Yes because, as stated above, we have to put 6k in suspension and track just to be able to hang with the other brands when they spend about 3k less.
But, if you take in to consideration reliability, fit and finish, mileage, ease of boost, and the grin you get outclimbing your buddies 2 strokes, it hasn't changed from year to year. No I don't agree with the coop with Arctic Cat, but it is nice to see a new chassis in the line up.

Tarzannr1
09-28-2013, 03:12 AM
YES they have.

relentless rider
09-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Just like a pretty fat chick, they got potential ,

09-28-2013, 09:56 AM
[

[SIZE=4] 200HP Mountain Max that weighs 500 pounds or less but be patient for another year.

Sounds like a 900 Polaris eh ! Maybe thats what happened to the 07.

[QUOTE=relentless rider;3404960]Just like a pretty fat chick, they got potential ,

All depends on how drunk you are and how late it is :face-icon-small-ton

Tarzannr1
09-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Lightweight engine with 100-110HP next year,that challenge 2-stroke 550-600 snowmobiles :face-icon-small-win

m8magicandmystery
09-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Yamaha should have continued building on their sno-scoot and sno-sport platform...they didn't realize that they had the platform of the future even 25 years ago...

TrashCat
09-29-2013, 03:10 PM
As much as I would like for it to happen I am preparing myself for more disappointment. Until then I will have to be content with etec engines and flexi tracks.

couch
09-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Yamaha should have continued building on their sno-scoot and sno-sport platform...they didn't realize that they had the platform of the future even 25 years ago...

Amazing how close in form these were to current rider forward platform! I have a pair long tracked with a 4" riser on the handle bars and equivalent of airframe boards and they rock. Goes back to an old post re why Yamaha didn't move forward with a tube chassis - a lot of adults have ridden and beat on the Sports / Scoots and they held up for over 20 years! A slightly bigger Sport frame with the phazer motor + decent track and shocks would likely be very close to if not just under the 400 lb mark!
Have to wonder what the "engineers" at Yamaha do all day - two years to stuff a nytro motor in a Cat ... no big deal ... guys on here & TY have stuffed the same motor into pro rmk chassis (without the benefit of the R&D / development budget of Yamaha corporate). I say fire the current lot of R&D and go and find the crew from the 90's!

NM
09-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Amazing how close in form these were to current rider forward platform! I have a pair long tracked with a 4" riser on the handle bars and equivalent of airframe boards and they rock. Goes back to an old post re why Yamaha didn't move forward with a tube chassis - a lot of adults have ridden and beat on the Sports / Scoots and they held up for over 20 years! A slightly bigger Sport frame with the phazer motor + decent track and shocks would likely be very close to if not just under the 400 lb mark!
Have to wonder what the "engineers" at Yamaha do all day - two years to stuff a nytro motor in a Cat ... no big deal ... guys on here & TY have stuffed the same motor into pro rmk chassis (without the benefit of the R&D / development budget of Yamaha corporate). I say fire the current lot of R&D and go and find the crew from the 90's!
I have a feeling that when the worlds economy took a downturn a few years ago, Yamaha decided to put their resources and engineers in to more profit generating products like bikes, scooters, generators and such. I mean lets face it, sled sales were going to slow down anyway.
Many auto manufacturers did the same thing and a couple of them even went bankrupt. The Aisian auto manufacturers cancelled models and made the most of what they had.
There has recently(last 3 years) been an explosion of new automobiles hitting the market as the big companies are getting there feet beneath them again.

The sled market is not much different except it is a small portion of what a company like Yamaha would sell in the big picture. It looked like Yamaha thought the economy was bouncing back well enough that they wanted to get serious about sleds again. They realized that in order to do something in short order that hooking up with an Amercan company instantly brought them a plant and quick distribution of products to key markets.
The relationship with AC was born out of convenience for both companies. In my opinion it won't turn in to much more than we have seen so far, but who knows.

There is likely a working agreement between AC and Yamaha which limits Yamahas position to be competitive in similar markets, and that is why there is no mountain chassis, or maybe it was not viewed as relative enough for Yamaha to pursue it. Either way it's all speculation, and none of us really know what the deal is.
If I was making odds, I wouldn't bet against Yamaha making some big gains in market share over the next few years.
Many of us can't see past next week, let alone 5-10 years down the road...and that is where these big companies have to plan for.

This is just my opinion of course.

off trail mike
09-30-2013, 08:06 PM
I think a mountian sled is coming possibly on a brand new Cat chassis or possibly just Yami, but 2015 is too quick for that. 5-6 years seems to be the chassis life of the other OEM's as of late (Yami way more), so that would put it on track for 2016/17, and I don't think a high CG Nytro engine in a ProClimb is going to cut it. It will be a very old chassis if introduced even next year and I can't imagine successfully marketing this combo. Love my Nytro, but no interest in a ProClimb / Nytro engine combo.

I've said it before, that Yamaha have no choice but to move some more of its production into North America somewhere because the Yen is always going to be a problem (too strong). So their choice is a joint venture (which they've done with cat) or build their own new manufacturing here.
North america is still a huge market that they won't abandon any time soon.

NM, I'm with you on not counting Yami out of the picture. The other thing everyone forgets is the EPA are heading for another emmission "Tier" regarding sleds, and this brings into question 2 strokes. My understanding is that NONE of the current 2 strokes (yes that includes the E-tec's) will pass the next planned EPA hurdle, nor do the 4 Strokes without catalytic converters.

I guess what I am saying is Yamaha will likely remain a player either as an engine supplier (not their style) or a provider of sleds (as a relevent part of their rec. vehicle business). But I think we can all agree they are rather slow developers....and don't appear to care that much either. Consider they still don't have an answer to the Razor and similar sport side by sides, which has really gotta hurt them financially..

OTM

stingray719
10-01-2013, 10:41 AM
I think a mountian sled is coming possibly on a brand new Cat chassis or possibly just Yami, but 2015 is too quick for that. 5-6 years seems to be the chassis life of the other OEM's as of late (Yami way more), so that would put it on track for 2016/17, and I don't think a high CG Nytro engine in a ProClimb is going to cut it. It will be a very old chassis if introduced even next year and I can't imagine successfully marketing this combo. Love my Nytro, but no interest in a ProClimb / Nytro engine combo.

I've said it before, that Yamaha have no choice but to move some more of its production into North America somewhere because the Yen is always going to be a problem (too strong). So their choice is a joint venture (which they've done with cat) or build their own new manufacturing here.
North america is still a huge market that they won't abandon any time soon.

NM, I'm with you on not counting Yami out of the picture. The other thing everyone forgets is the EPA are heading for another emmission "Tier" regarding sleds, and this brings into question 2 strokes. My understanding is that NONE of the current 2 strokes (yes that includes the E-tec's) will pass the next planned EPA hurdle, nor do the 4 Strokes without catalytic converters.

I guess what I am saying is Yamaha will likely remain a player either as an engine supplier (not their style) or a provider of sleds (as a relevent part of their rec. vehicle business). But I think we can all agree they are rather slow developers....and don't appear to care that much either. Consider they still don't have an answer to the Razor and similar sport side by sides, which has really gotta hurt them financially..

OTM

Mike, I believe that is the reason Yamaha went direct injection in boats some time ago was emissions...can anybody verify that as I am going be heresay. BUT, DI was said to be the way for 2 strokes to pass the emission hurdle, too lazy to go dig up the link but please do correct me if I am wrong on this.

dieselpower
10-01-2013, 12:47 PM
its not a sled but the new yz450f is pretty amazing

stingray719
10-01-2013, 02:22 PM
its not a sled but the new yz450f is pretty amazing

Don't be shocked to see two of those siamesed togther in a Phazer or even a Mountain Max! (current Phazer has two YZ250 siamesed together)

christopher
10-01-2013, 03:25 PM
I really do hope we begin to see some of the new development in engine technology from the Bike division begin to work it's way into the sled division.

couch
10-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Chassis need work first!
I love Yam motors but nytro chassis just doesn't cut it. Moved up from phazer (more fun than the nytro) and power is great but engine / tank / exhaust weight is too high up unless you are in open bowl with loads of powder. Yamaha dropped the ball - cat partnership is a bandaid that will likely fall off in time like most bandaids. Really no great engineering feat to stuff the nytro into the cat - was a lot of hype about little! Yamaha lost my new sled purchase this time around - really didn't want to go 2 s but chassis wise it was the best option.

christopher
10-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Time will tell.
Lets get some seat of the pants time on this new sled before we write it off..

X2Freeride
10-01-2013, 10:18 PM
If its a totally new chassis as speculated and its close to 200HP with a factory turbo or supercharger and a warranty, id be willing to give it a try. I hope it comes with an option for solid Yamaha blue. Interesting for sure.

Devilmanak
11-04-2013, 12:17 PM
I already told my dealer to re-up their Yammy dealership for sleds. ;)
(Just in case, lol.)

Mcx Nytro
11-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Yes, but also no.
Yes because, as stated above, we have to put 6k in suspension and track just to be able to hang with the other brands when they spend about 3k less.
But, if you take in to consideration reliability, fit and finish, mileage, ease of boost, and the grin you get outclimbing your buddies 2 strokes, it hasn't changed from year to year. No I don't agree with the coop with Arctic Cat, but it is nice to see a new chassis in the line up.

DO you really think just adding a track and suspension would put it on par with the other mountain sleds out there?? Remember too the initial cost is a lot more than the others. Plus why would anyone buy a new one with so many boosted ones on sale for so cheap? I spent the $$$ for a completely done nytro. Yes it was fun!!! But I sure wish I had waited a couple of years and gotten the same thing for about 1/3 the cost. :argue::argue::argue::argue::argue: Yamaha would come out with a boosted sled with warranty from the factory at the same cost as the others it would be worth looking at.

chem
11-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Chassis need work first!
I love Yam motors but nytro chassis just doesn't cut it. Moved up from phazer (more fun than the nytro) and power is great but engine / tank / exhaust weight is too high up unless you are in open bowl with loads of powder. Yamaha dropped the ball - cat partnership is a bandaid that will likely fall off in time like most bandaids. Really no great engineering feat to stuff the nytro into the cat - was a lot of hype about little! Yamaha lost my new sled purchase this time around - really didn't want to go 2 s but chassis wise it was the best option.
I agree the chassis needs some work to shed some weight. I rode a Nytro for five winters, but was disappointed each spring when the next years' model seemed so similar to the previous season. I jumped ship to a 2 stroke (2013 Summit XM) even though in the back of my mind I expect to one day come back to the truck at the end of a rope. I average about 1200 miles a season, so I will probably keep the Doo for only two seasons, whereas I was comfortable driving the Yamaha much longer.

Mcx Nytro
12-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Have not heard anything about their cross plane tech> Just over 200 hp in a triple.:gossip:

Reese
12-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Turbo 850 cross plane triple?

Anyone know what that 850 weighs?

It's rated at 115 hp and 65 lbs/tq NA.

lugnuts
12-02-2013, 05:27 AM
The 850 cross plane triple would fit nice in the phazer chassis with a 16'' track. I bet that would leave a lot on the table future boost factory or not.

BigFish BC
12-02-2013, 11:36 AM
more new motors from yammi
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/yamaha-shows-crossplane-twin/22957.html

BigFish BC
01-17-2014, 09:00 PM
iam board not enough snow:face-icon-small-hap any rumors,iam going out on a limb & say there is a new mtn sled out there right now in disguise.:face-icon-small-sho

christopher
01-17-2014, 09:12 PM
Only thing I am hearing that is SOLID is about the new MTX version of the Viper that people have been riding recently.

Tarzannr1
01-23-2014, 11:09 AM
This is what we will get from Yamaha, Yamacats.
I think the Nytro is the last snowmobile Yamaha has maked.
I dont think we wil see more sleds from Yamaha, think they just will be selling motors from now.
Cat will make the sleds and Yamaha will do the engines.
Now that the Viper continues and sell as well as it does,then I think Yamaha sees that it is more profitable and just sell engines and not create their own models.

stingray719
01-23-2014, 12:02 PM
This is what we will get from Yamaha, Yamacats.
I think the Nytro is the last snowmobile Yamaha has maked.
I dont think we wil see more sleds from Yamaha, think they just will be selling motors from now.
Cat will make the sleds and Yamaha will do the engines.
Now that the Viper continues and sell as well as it does,then I think Yamaha sees that it is more profitable and just sell engines and not create their own models.

Check the history of the first SRX models....and the original Phazer and see where the tech from both of those chassis came from. But here is a hint...it wasn't Yamaha.

History says you are wrong, history says when Yamaha gets too far behind in chassis they "borrow" other tech and improve. We can only hope they do it again.:face-icon-small-hap

stingray719
01-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Our Viper is torn apart in the garage, 38" front end is on and in the process of putting the 153 Powerclaw on it. Not sure if we should call it a Mountain Viper or a Mountain Max? :face-icon-small-con

christopher
01-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Campaign to bring back the MOUNTAIN MAX.

stingray719
01-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Campaign to bring back the MOUNTAIN MAX.

I don't think you will have to wait long for the Mountain Max release info. :face-icon-small-win

Sledmax
01-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Quote from supertraxx magazine today. I have a feeling this is aimed towards yamaha.

"Headed to Colorado to ride something new, I've got a pretty good idea what it is and I think all you mountain riders will be pretty excited when it becomes public in March. Wish I could tell you more, 2014 has some cool stuff coming from all the manufactures for both mountain and trail."

tmk50
01-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Cat tests sleds on Grand Mesa and Doo does R&D out of Grand Lake.

My guestimate is that they are riding something yellow or green this trip.

Sledmax
01-23-2014, 03:56 PM
If its green it could still be yamaha ;)

ak
01-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Quote from supertraxx magazine today. I have a feeling this is aimed towards yamaha.

"Headed to Colorado to ride something new, I've got a pretty good idea what it is and I think all you mountain riders will be pretty excited when it becomes public in March. Wish I could tell you more, 2014 has some cool stuff coming from all the manufactures for both mountain and trail."

Shouldn't that be 2015? And Colorado is one of the few areas that has snow, so it could b anything.

smokenjay
01-23-2014, 04:41 PM
I want them to put a 700 triple two stroke in a modern chassis. And not their chassis, for that matter. I love those motors! Until they do that, I suppose I'll keep blowing up Polaris motors. Oh well.

stingray719
01-23-2014, 05:55 PM
I want them to put a 700 triple two stroke in a modern chassis. And not their chassis, for that matter. I love those motors! Until they do that, I suppose I'll keep blowing up Polaris motors. Oh well.

I still have a 700 triple Mountain Max for a guest sled, love that engine. But I doubt it could ever be made to pass new EPA. However the new Yamaha designed Cat 800 DI might be even better.

BigFish BC
01-23-2014, 08:47 PM
i know that there is a new mtn sled,there are 12 protos right now,the dealers in b.c will see them about mid feb:face-icon-small-sho:pop2::whistle::faint:no idea if its a yamacat or all yammi & no i cant tell you how i know or i would have to kill yah:face-icon-small-hap:pound:

pelon
01-24-2014, 08:31 AM
Shouldn't that be 2015? And Colorado is one of the few areas that has snow, so it could b anything.

Colorado only has worthy snow in the North

pelon
01-24-2014, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=Tarzannr1;3521051]
I think the Nytro is the last snowmobile Yamaha has made.

Maybe that will make the nytro more valuable and the nypex....well priceless:face-icon-small-sho

Reeb
01-24-2014, 09:23 PM

The yellow sleds are already in BC. a cool dozen. Been here for 2 weeks now. But they were in Wyoming previously.

All the rags are in CO riding today. Saw a couple pics of Doo's rolling around. Not sure what else might have been there.

Sledmax
01-26-2014, 05:52 PM
We will know soon

Yamaha – February 11, 10AM CST

Arctic Cat – February 19, Midnight CST

Polaris – March 2, 9PM CST

Ski-Doo – March 4, 8PM CST

BigFish BC
01-26-2014, 07:04 PM
is the yammi release a online thing.

Reeb
01-28-2014, 11:06 PM
NIssan Motor. 88lbs. 400hp. (http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/nissan-ultimate-motorcycle-engine/)

Deep Powder Guy
01-28-2014, 11:36 PM
As long as yammi keeps producing sleds over 500 pounds there place in the mountains is dead.

DPG

cacsrx1
01-29-2014, 06:02 AM
As long as yammi keeps producing sleds over 500 pounds there place in the mountains is dead.

DPG

x2!

arcticmat
01-29-2014, 07:19 AM
NIssan Motor. 88lbs. 400hp. (http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/nissan-ultimate-motorcycle-engine/)

That right there is impressive but one can only imagine the cost on that bad boy. You would think they could do something on this line with only 200 hp and have it safe and come in at under a 100 lbs. That would be fun in a sled.

Jago
01-29-2014, 02:30 PM
That right there is impressive but one can only imagine the cost on that bad boy. You would think they could do something on this line with only 200 hp and have it safe and come in at under a 100 lbs. That would be fun in a sled.

Such a small and light makes you wonder if that engine has much low rpm torque like the genesis does. I'm hoping to see a 180+ hp 3 cylinder NA engine from yamaha in one of the new sled engines announced last year as under development. That would be a breakthough for sure.

cacsrx1
01-29-2014, 02:56 PM
Such a small and light makes you wonder if that engine has much low rpm torque like the genesis does. I'm hoping to see a 180+ hp 3 cylinder NA engine from yamaha in one of the new sled engines announced last year as under development. That would be a breakthough for sure.

2 things will make a 180HP NA triple
1) 1800 cc not gonna happen
or
2)1100cc and 12000+ Rpm not gonna happen

Reeb
01-29-2014, 07:22 PM
That motor max RPM is 7500rpm. So I'm guessing torque numbers that are quite high(it is turboed) that it has a pretty decent bottom end.

arcticmat
01-30-2014, 07:46 AM
That motor max RPM is 7500rpm. So I'm guessing torque numbers that are quite high(it is turboed) that it has a pretty decent bottom end.
I wondered about the max RPM being 7500, you would think in this application they would have to spin the crap out of that thing. That leads to gear reduction for a primary clutch and so on, It looks like a dry sump system on the side of it also, Good tech either way you look at it.

BigFish BC
01-30-2014, 02:22 PM
2 things will make a 180HP NA triple
1) 1800 cc not gonna happen
or
2)1100cc and 12000+ Rpm not gonna happen

you can get 180hp out of a n/a nytro motor with some race gas, its been done:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap

BigFish BC
01-30-2014, 02:26 PM

yah its funny you would think being in a turbo application they would want to design a higher revving motor.but its built for 24 hour lemans racing so longevity is more important than all out power.

Reeb
01-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Yes it was originally designed for Indy, but since Indy cars went to another car design they found a home in Lemans I think. I'd be pretty excited if this found it's way into a snowmobile or motorcycle application.

icr
01-30-2014, 07:37 PM

They say it'll be public in March, yamaha releases in feb.

BigFish BC
02-04-2014, 12:36 PM
They say it'll be public in March, yamaha releases in feb.

just 7 days the protos should be in valmount this week for the dealer ride:popcorn:

vector boy
02-04-2014, 08:19 PM
just 7 days the protos should be in valmount this week for the dealer ride:popcorn:

They'll be in Snowy Rang the 18-19. I was trying to talk dad in to letting skip class to go with to ride, but then I found out what is coming out this year compared to next. I think I'll hold off till next...:face-icon-small-win

RACINSTATION
02-04-2014, 08:28 PM
If you knew what was coming the year after next you won't want what is coming next year. Hang in there.......

SNWMBL
02-04-2014, 09:38 PM
It's always about "next years sled" with Yamaha.

BigFish BC
02-04-2014, 09:39 PM
If you knew what was coming the year after next you won't want what is coming next year. Hang in there.......

so only 3 more years till we get a true ground breaking sled from yammi:face-icon-small-sho i think 90% of people will be disappointed if all they do is a mtn cat :behindsofa:

vector boy
02-04-2014, 09:43 PM

I'm just a poor college kid now, so I'll just stick with my '09 Nytro since it's all I can afford..

christopher
02-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Its hard for the Yamaha Loyalists to keep up their hope.
But good things ARE coming.

Step by step, year by year, we WILL be seeing steady improvement once again coming out of Yamaha.

A Longtrack version of the Viper in a few weeks, and more next year..

YAMA S
02-05-2014, 12:35 AM
Its hard for the Yamaha Loyalists to keep up their hope.
But good things ARE coming.

Step by step, year by year, we WILL be seeing steady improvement once again coming out of Yamaha.

A Longtrack version of the Viper in a few weeks, and more next year..

Been hearing this same BS for years... Reminds me of when I bought my 01 MM "DEEP SNOW SPECIAL" thought it was the cats meow(pun intended) until I started riding with polaris guys & really found out what a "mountain" sled was about. It's very easy to make the heaviest most reliable sled when you take ZERO risks as a company(hence why we're #4 out of 4). Yamaha has been building 4stroke sleds for 13yrs?? But yet nothing over 185hp or stock boost. At this rate I'll be on a boosted 2smoke or something that doesn't resemble a yamaha..... Powerhouse custom :)

YAMA S
02-05-2014, 12:48 AM
Hard to keep looking at this will a glass half full when we've been drinking out of a warm undersized schooner glass & everyone else gets the kicka$$ frozen beer mugs.... For the same price!!
Just my .02

RACINSTATION
02-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Mountain Viper this year. More next year as Christopher said.

You gotta make lemonade with Yamaha. Do you realize that it has been since the Mountain Max days that we have not had to take a Yamaha and "build" what we wanted? Its all good, it's part of the adventure. Everybody has their hiccups. You could buy a Polaris and have a nice lightweight sled that lasts about 10 good rides and then rebuild it.

christopher
02-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Been hearing this same BS for years... Reminds me of when I bought my 01 MM "DEEP SNOW SPECIAL" thought it was the cats meow(pun intended) until I started riding with polaris guys & really found out what a "mountain" sled was about. It's very easy to make the heaviest most reliable sled when you take ZERO risks as a company(hence why we're #4 out of 4). Yamaha has been building 4stroke sleds for 13yrs?? But yet nothing over 185hp or stock boost. At this rate I'll be on a boosted 2smoke or something that doesn't resemble a yamaha..... Powerhouse custom :)

You WILL see factory boosted sleds coming.

RACINSTATION
02-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Are you talking "factory" like the kits they offered for the Nytro in 2011? If so, I agree for next year. I don't see a stock boosted sled like the M1100T until 2016 at least.

vector boy
02-05-2014, 09:16 AM
I'd rather build and be different instead of have the same sled as everybody else. Plus it's kind of fun seeing the look on peoples faces when you can take a Nytro the same places your buddies are going on Pros..

RACINSTATION
02-05-2014, 11:04 AM
You mean back to the shop?

stingray719
02-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Hard to keep looking at this will a glass half full when we've been drinking out of a warm undersized schooner glass & everyone else gets the kicka$$ frozen beer mugs.... For the same price!!
Just my .02

Test ride a Viper, Yamaha finally has a competitive sled.

BigFish BC
02-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Mountain Viper this year. More next year as Christopher said.

You gotta make lemonade with Yamaha. Do you realize that it has been since the Mountain Max days that we have not had to take a Yamaha and "build" what we wanted? Its all good, it's part of the adventure. Everybody has their hiccups. You could buy a Polaris and have a nice lightweight sled that lasts about 10 good rides and then rebuild it.

if yammi thinks releasing a 4 year old competitors chassis with a 7+ year old motor is giving the mtn guys something new:deadhorse:i know its a improvement on what we have but they aint going to sell many of them.less power than poo,doo or cat & a bunch more weight,they really need to close the gap if the want to sell mtn sleds,understand me i dont mind the sleds because i like to mod my sleds so its a none issue for me,but most ride stock or close to stock.

jrusher
02-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Test ride a Viper, Yamaha finally has a competitive sled.

After 10gs in mods it is

christopher
02-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Are you talking "factory" like the kits they offered for the Nytro in 2011? If so, I agree for next year. I don't see a stock boosted sled like the M1100T until 2016 at least.

Treading on really thin ice here...

But I think we will see Arctic Cat installing Turbos one year from today.
So not the 2015 coming this fall, but the sleds that roll out in the Fall of 2015 (the 2016 model year)

RACINSTATION
02-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Don't worry it is really cold outside, so the ice is thick...........Oh wait you are riding a Nytro!!!! Get off of there!:face-icon-small-sho

Sledmax
02-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Teaser pic of a 15 out testing. Notice the white tunnel..
http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/image1.jpg

stingray719
02-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Teaser pic of a 15 out testing. Notice the white tunnel..
http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/image1.jpg

As there are no red/white factory colors for 2014 this would have to be a 2015 or prototype. And as the tunnel appears longer than a viper I would say we are looking at the new Mountain Max.

stingray719
02-06-2014, 09:30 AM
After 10gs in mods it is

And which model Viper do you own? :face-icon-small-con

LOL there is always at least one of these huh?

BigFish BC
02-06-2014, 01:13 PM
As there are no red/white factory colors for 2014 this would have to be a 2015 or prototype. And as the tunnel appears longer than a viper I would say we are looking at the new Mountain Max.

that pic is from yamaha blog ,they have 50 proto sleds in west yellowstone right now for a big yammi get together.
http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/

christopher
02-06-2014, 01:32 PM
February 5, 2014

Minus 30 and Counting

Day 2 in West Yellowstone. Minus 30C with stunning clear blue skies. We took our staff and divided them into two groups. One group spent the day in product seminars and meetings while the other group spent all day playing in the snow. Today we have rotated the staff so yesterdays riders are stiffening up in the conference room while the other guys make snow angels. Our senior staff also made a point of getting out as can be seen in these pics of our North American snowmobile team leader Pete SM2 and Yamaha marketing icon ‘Super Starrman’.

http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/image1-150x150.jpg (http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/image1.jpg)

The riding groups were split in 2 so one group could ride backcountry while the other group stuck to the trails. both groups returned to base for lunch then traded machines and terrain for the afternoon. As I mentioned we have 50 new machines on the ground that represent everything we will have available for next season. I had to make a presentation in the morning but was able to jump into a group ride in the afternoon.

http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/image2-150x150.jpg (http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/image2.jpg)

There was a lot of effort preceding this event to prepare the sleds, most of which are pre production many of which were also delayed in production. Our guys had to really scramble to get them built and calibrated then transported for our enjoyment. Think about building and PDI, 50 sleds in two weeks. We didn’t have a single mechanical failure that wasn’t human induced (so far) which is strong testament to the talent we have in our field support team.

I am back in the boardroom today and looking forward to a special evening that is planned to have our whole team together tonight in a casual, fun soirée !

- See more at: http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/#sthash.JAo1UE77.dpuf

jrusher
02-06-2014, 01:48 PM
I LOL there is always at least one of these huh?

I have to own one to figure out it needs a track, skid, front end, boost blah blah to work in the mountains? Just like my nytro and apex upgrade the shiet out of it to make it work.. Maybe you meant its a competive trail sled? lol

Hopefully the 15 viper or mountain max or whatever they call it is more or less out of the box mountain ready..

stingray719
02-06-2014, 02:01 PM
I have to own one to figure out it needs a track, skid, front end, boost blah blah to work in the mountains? Just like my nytro and apex upgrade the shiet out of it to make it work.. Maybe you meant its a competive trail sled? lol

Hopefully the 15 viper or mountain max or whatever they call it is more or less out of the box mountain ready..

Was better in powder out of the box than the Nytro was/is. Now it has 38 inch front end and 153 ppowerclaw track and I spent less than 1k on upgrades. Ride one and learn.

bholmlate
02-06-2014, 02:22 PM
So that would be 50 new models ah!!. I would guess that would be 23 new matching apex trail sleds and 23 matching viper XTX's and a couple of utility sleds and maybe a 120 or 2. 50 models is an interesting term because it can mean 50 of the same new sled right. As far as the white tunnel is concerned isn't Yamaha known for doing different graphic packages on the same sleds and calling them new and improved. Kinda like they did on the Nytro

Ken Climb
02-06-2014, 02:53 PM
You mean back to the shop?

He was talking Pro......not m-80000000000! lol

ATVPT
02-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Just roll on over to West Yellowstone and check them out for yourselves :amen:

Tarzannr1
02-06-2014, 05:31 PM
What is it to see a 4 year old competitors cat chassis with a 7+ year old Yamaha motor :face-icon-small-win

BigFish BC
02-06-2014, 07:55 PM
So that would be 50 new models ah!!. I would guess that would be 23 new matching apex trail sleds and 23 matching viper XTX's and a couple of utility sleds and maybe a 120 or 2. 50 models is an interesting term because it can mean 50 of the same new sled right. As far as the white tunnel is concerned isn't Yamaha known for doing different graphic packages on the same sleds and calling them new and improved. Kinda like they did on the Nytro

yah i beleave it is 25 mtn sleds 25 trail sleds something like 12 162 & 12 153 mtn sleds just don't see 2 diff mtn sleds.not sure why they didn't release a mtn viper last year if that's all they had planed for this year,just another step back for yammi if thats the case.:noidea:

Drifter
02-06-2014, 08:10 PM

LOL there is always at least one of these huh?

Rode a Viper on Sunday 3 inch 162 MC Express 190 turbo narrowed ski stance tunnel extension etc. That is the bare minimum that you need to do that sled to make it work and guess what they wanted 22k for it. Rode a 14 AC 1100 which is like 8k cheaper and was pretty much the same thing except for it had less turbo lag and straight up and down steering post which I thought made it handle better. Bottom line you need to sink at least 8-10K in a 14 viper to even have a chance of running with a 14 800. ****ty Deal but it's the way it is. Hopefully this Mountain Max is turboed out of the box and will run with the arctic cat 1100.

08nytromtxa
02-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Rode a Viper on Sunday 3 inch 162 MC Express 190 turbo narrowed ski stance tunnel extension etc. That is the bare minimum that you need to do that sled to make it work and guess what they wanted 22k for it. Rode a 14 AC 1100 which is like 8k cheaper and was pretty much the same thing except for it had less turbo lag and straight up and down steering post which I thought made it handle better. Bottom line you need to sink at least 8-10K in a 14 viper to even have a chance of running with a 14 800. ****ty Deal but it's the way it is. Hopefully this Mountain Max is turboed out of the box and will run with the arctic cat 1100.

Even if it was turboed out of the box everyone would still want more power, longer track, different skid, better shocks. Let's face it nothing stock is ever going to be good enough for those who want better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

stingray719
02-06-2014, 09:51 PM

I have a 2014 M8 and a 2014 Viper with narrowed front and 153 powerclaw. Only diff between the two whether it be trails or deep powder is the Viper is down on top end power to the Cat. The thought that a top heavy 1100 Cat can handle with the M8 or Viper is really amusing to me. But hey, I have both and ride them in same places but what do I know? We should take your "opinion" over somebody who rides both.:face-icon-small-con

Drifter
02-07-2014, 10:27 AM
I have a 2014 M8 and a 2014 Viper with narrowed front and 153 powerclaw. Only diff between the two whether it be trails or deep powder is the Viper is down on top end power to the Cat. The thought that a top heavy 1100 Cat can handle with the M8 or Viper is really amusing to me. But hey, I have both and ride them in same places but what do I know? We should take your "opinion" over somebody who rides both.:face-icon-small-con

Anybody that rides a 800 to its full potential is going to not be all that happy with a stock Viper stretched out to a 153. It's simple math a viper is heavier and has less hp then a 800. My stock pro has a better power to whieght ratio. To get back that loss of top end power you need to turbo it add a 163. Inch track tunnel extension etc. which makes it heavier which costs money well over 20k. If you just do a 190hp kit you might as well save your self 6 to 8k and buy a 1100 cat. At the end of the day to turbo a viper and stretch it out so it will beat a 800 is going to cost you all most 10k.

But I see the potential of the viper hopefully in 15 it will be long tracked and turboed at that point my argument will be void.

paulharris
02-07-2014, 10:40 AM
looks like it is indeed going to be an arctic cat

bholmlate
02-07-2014, 02:00 PM
In my experience when I compare an apple to an orange. Nothing ever seems to match up no matter the direction I slice it. Once again this thread seems to be comparing a 600 class sled to an 800 class sled. Just because the viper has a 1054 cc motor in it. It is still rated a 600 class sled correct?? Would you not have to throw money at a 600 pro to be on the level of an 800 pro. It's not that far of a reach then to assume you would have to throw money at the viper. The amount of money you throw at it is directly proportional to the performance you get out of it. Drifter made a valid point in that why would throw more money at a sled when you can buy a capable stock sled. Stingray. Did you not put around $2000 into your viper with track and front end to get it to work better? I I wonder if you would find the stock AC1100 162 Comparable in performance to your viper out of the box and you would save money in the process. Right. I am not trying to disprove your opinion of the performance of your new viper with the mods you did. I am sure it works well Let stop trying to compare a modified sled to a stock sled and also stay within the class of sled we are talking about Just my opinion though. I would give just about anything for either one and get rid of my nytro. I like it but still to have new technology would be great

stingray719
02-07-2014, 03:14 PM
In my experience when I compare an apple to an orange. Nothing ever seems to match up no matter the direction I slice it. Once again this thread seems to be comparing a 600 class sled to an 800 class sled. Just because the viper has a 1054 cc motor in it. It is still rated a 600 class sled correct?? Would you not have to throw money at a 600 pro to be on the level of an 800 pro. It's not that far of a reach then to assume you would have to throw money at the viper. The amount of money you throw at it is directly proportional to the performance you get out of it. Drifter made a valid point in that why would throw more money at a sled when you can buy a capable stock sled. Stingray. Did you not put around $2000 into your viper with track and front end to get it to work better? I I wonder if you would find the stock AC1100 162 Comparable in performance to your viper out of the box and you would save money in the process. Right. I am not trying to disprove your opinion of the performance of your new viper with the mods you did. I am sure it works well Let stop trying to compare a modified sled to a stock sled and also stay within the class of sled we are talking about Just my opinion though. I would give just about anything for either one and get rid of my nytro. I like it but still to have new technology would be great

Bought a take off powerclaw track for 350.00. Front end is kit for 2012 Cat new in box for 200.00. Racinstation shorten fox floats for under 200.00. Rail extension 155.00. No tunnel extension needed. So under 1k I spent.

Didn't want to wait for Mountain Max so bought it and changed it. It is the girlfriends sled but I have plans to trade in my 2014 M8 on new Mountain Max....gotta have that instant torque in the trees. Hindle already makes a pipe/can combo to put it at 150hp and MASSIVE torque (you 4 stoke guys know what I mean about torque) Of course if no torque and crappy ride is your bag we could get a Polaris Pro like drifter but I will pass.

You cannot compare a Nytro to new Viper anymore than you can compare a RX1 to a Phazer. (not that you did just sayin)If no Vipers near you ride a 2014 M8 they ride exactly alike to me. Oh, 22 pounds heavier is my Viper vs the 2014 M8, and with gas tank under seat I challenge anybody to feel the weight difference when riding. Real riding not forum riding.............lol

Calvin42
02-07-2014, 04:22 PM
That's good news. Don't get me wrong, I like light weight as much as the next guy, but I do miss the torque of my four-stroke, so yes, I know what you mean. I know it's not an 800 and I don't expect it to be. But there's just something about a four-stroke that if you've never spent some time on one, you just wouldn't understand. Thanks for the comparison.

YAMA S
02-07-2014, 05:01 PM
To me it's like saying.... I REALLY love the hot skinny girl with big boobs but I'm settling for the FAT girl cause of her or*l "skills".
I DON'T think it's too much to ask for a REAL mountain sled that we don't have 4-10k extra into just to go where the other 3 sled makers go out of the box. It's getting really old really fast.

Butta
02-07-2014, 05:29 PM
I rode the prototype Nytro in spring '07 and was amazed. My sled then was an '05 Rev 800, and the Nytro felt better in every aspect. I bought one that fall, traded in my Rev for it. I was INCREDIBLY disappointed with the production model as compared to the prototype I rode earlier. The power was down, the suspension sucked royally (I remember getting buried in the flats once when nobody else in my group did), etc etc. Once I spent over $2k on a Timbersled skid and Polaris 5.1 track, and clutching mods, the second season was a LOT better....I rarely got stuck and was happy riding it, until I rode my friends' sleds. I now own a '12 Pro RMK and aside from shocks (I'm 250# with gear) it's 100% stock, and I absolutely love it. I love Yamaha build quality, but until they produce a "production" mountain sled that performs out of the box, they'll not be getting my money again.

I was scared to death of going over 50 mph on the trails with that Nytro, such a twitchy front end and top heavy feel. I put 1100 miles on it and found that my friends were hesitant to ride with me the first year, always having to dig me out with that heavy sled. 2nd year was better, but I was worn out after a day of riding. Steep sidehilling was a gamble, because once it started to lean downhill it was over.

I'd love to see Yamaha come out with a laid down 4s motor to keep the weight low, improve the oil tank reservoir so that you don't lose all your oil if you find yourself inverted, lighten up the chassis and build a powerplant that actually can compete with the 800 2s, without boost. Or, and this is really reaching, develop an 800 2s motor with their DI technology in a competitive chassis........I know, never gonna happen, but I can dream!

Until then, it's 2 strokes for me, which means anything but Yamaha.....I lost 2 good years of riding and thousands of $ on that Nytro......

Reeb
02-07-2014, 08:55 PM
To me it's like saying.... I REALLY love the hot skinny girl with big boobs but I'm settling for the FAT girl cause of her or*l "skills".
I DON'T think it's too much to ask for a REAL mountain sled that we don't have 4-10k extra into just to go where the other 3 sled makers go out of the box. It's getting really old really fast.

It's been that way for 20 years and it's NOW getting old?

Sent from my GT-I8260L using Tapatalk

YAMA S
02-07-2014, 10:06 PM
It's been that way for 20 years and it's NOW getting old?

Sent from my GT-I8260L using Tapatalk

YEP.... The skills have worn off! Still just a fat girl with "potential"

Tarzannr1
02-10-2014, 03:24 AM
I am ready to be dissapointed again:brokenheart:

peterg
02-10-2014, 07:29 AM
I've rode Yamaha for a long time now, if they don't come out with a new lightweight sled tomorrow, my wish is something around 510 lbs and factory turbo, OR I'm snow checking a new Free Ride!

Calvin42
02-10-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm snowchecking something. At this point, it could be from any of the "Big" four. I guess we'll see what everyone brings to the table over the next month.

peterg
02-10-2014, 08:10 AM
We'll know right away as soon as the unveil happens, if Yamaha posts the weight, they never did last year, if they don't we know it won't be an aircraft it will be an aircraft carrier!! I love the Yamaha reliability but I also want what I want and if Yamaha won't build it...well BRP will be my next one. I wonder if Yamaha engineers and product reps read these forums, or even talk to riders? It sure seems like they don't. I'm sure if the other 3 manufactures heard that their customers were jumping ship on masse every year they would act!!

Calvin42
02-10-2014, 08:24 AM
I do think all the manufacturers read these posts. However, the Japenese culture is so different than ours. They think a lot differently and until they allow someone from the U.S. to take the lead on some of their R&D, things are not going to change. I think it's a step in the right direction moving R&D to the U.S. on their sleds. However, if they still insist on making all the decisions from Japan you will continue to get a product that is reliable and lasts forever, but will not be "Lightweight" unless the rider does it themselves. Strictly my opinion though :-)

peterg
02-10-2014, 08:37 AM
we keep getting the teasers from them, Light weight, 5 new models in 5 years, new engines! they just don't deliver, they will lose a lot of customers this year if they don't deliver!!

christopher
02-10-2014, 08:46 AM
While everyone was focused on the new 2015 sleds in West Yellowstone, did anyone else see the new 2016 that was out for testing???

Only ONE of them that I know of, but it was there and being ridden.

peterg
02-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Christopher, I suppose if you tell us you have to kill us! lol Do tell!! and let me guess, the 2016 will be available in the spring of 2017?

Calvin42
02-10-2014, 09:00 AM
we keep getting the teasers from them, Light weight, 5 new models in 5 years, new engines! they just don't deliver, they will lose a lot of customers this year if they don't deliver!!

Agreed. To a point. There are still the die hard blue guys that don't mind spending money and man hours to get the sled they want. On the flip side, Yamaha could pick up market share if they would produce a sled that is 500 lbs or less dry, with a factory turbo. The sled community knows how reliable Yamaha sleds are, there's no disagreement there. However, when you're riding in ballz deep snow and you get stuck, you don't want to need 6 of your buddy's digging you out. I had a MCX turbo Nytro. Loved the power. However, it was a workout. At the end of the day there is no doubt you were tired. I now ride two Pro RMK 163's, and if I get stuck, I can usually get myself unstuck. I would love to have another Yamaha in the barn, but they're going to have to do better on the weight and "Stock" power.

stingray719
02-10-2014, 09:07 AM
We'll know right away as soon as the unveil happens, if Yamaha posts the weight, they never did last year, if they don't we know it won't be an aircraft it will be an aircraft carrier!! I love the Yamaha reliability but I also want what I want and if Yamaha won't build it...well BRP will be my next one. I wonder if Yamaha engineers and product reps read these forums, or even talk to riders? It sure seems like they don't. I'm sure if the other 3 manufactures heard that their customers were jumping ship on masse every year they would act!!

Odd they didn't post the Viper weight as it is only 22 pounds heavier than the 2014 M8. Add a can and light battery and they are the same.

BigFish BC
02-10-2014, 11:49 AM
While everyone was focused on the new 2015 sleds in West Yellowstone, did anyone else see the new 2016 that was out for testing???

lol where have we heard that befor:deadhorse:
i here there will be a ground breaking one in 2 years:rolleyes:

LuckydawgAK
02-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Odd they didn't post the Viper weight as it is only 22 pounds heavier than the 2014 M8. Add a can and light battery and they are the same.

Stingray,

They are lighter for sure but 22 pounds? Did u weigh both of yours and can you post it? Thanks

LuckydawgAK
02-10-2014, 12:15 PM

When the skinny girl with the big boobs isn't putting out any more, trust me, you start daydreaming of that fat girl with the hoochy skills! :shocked:

Calvin42
02-10-2014, 12:33 PM
When the skinny girl with the big boobs isn't putting out any more, trust me, you start daydreaming of that fat girl with the hoochy skills! :shocked:

LOL!! That's funny right there!:face-icon-small-hap

Tarzannr1
02-10-2014, 01:25 PM

**** 2016!! We have been waiting for a NEW Yamaha Mountain for YEARS now,and 2015 is the year and NOT 2016. They better c ome with something new now and not just some freaking YamaCat Viper 162" with a nytro engine.

vector boy
02-10-2014, 02:02 PM
**** 2016!! We have been waiting for a NEW Yamaha Mountain for YEARS now,and 2015 is the year and NOT 2016. They better c ome with something new now and not just some freaking YamaCat Viper 162" with a nytro engine.

And last year people said 2014 is the year, not 2015, and the year before was 2013 would be the year, not 2012...

christopher
02-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Christopher, I suppose if you tell us you have to kill us! lol Do tell!! and let me guess, the 2016 will be available in the spring of 2017?
Right now I can't say "Boo" about this one.
Just that it was labeled as "Double Top Secret".

I drove out to West Yellowstone at Midnight on Friday to deliver an urgent package to someone from Yamaha.

While the 2015s are there to be seen and ridden now, it was nice to know the 2016 in its earliest configuration was already on the snow as well getting in some very early testing.

cacsrx1
02-10-2014, 02:46 PM
They are only 10 years behind the competition now, whats 2 or 3 more years going to hurt.....:frusty::frusty:

BigFish BC
02-10-2014, 04:59 PM

I drove out to West Yellowstone at Midnight on Friday to deliver an urgent package to someone from Yamaha.

While the 2015s are there to be seen and ridden now, it was nice to know the 2016 in its earliest configuration was already on the snow as well getting in some very early testing.

wow double top seceret, between you & racingstation you should start your own physic hotline for new sleds that yammi will have.iam saving money now for 2025 could yah give me a teaser for what yammi has coming then:pound::pound:

BigFish BC
02-10-2014, 05:03 PM
The 2015 should be a brand new chassis..

hhhhmmmmm:popcorn:

RACINSTATION
02-10-2014, 05:15 PM
wow double top seceret, between you & racingstation you should start your own physic hotline for new sleds that yammi will have.iam saving money now for 2025 could yah give me a teaser for what yammi has coming then:pound::pound:

Hey, don't drag me into this.

Ill be the first to tell guys, ride what you have now. If they are coming out with a factory turbo 4 stroke that weighs 417 lbs for 2015 what are you going to do about it today? Nothing.....can't get it until November this fall anyway. You will see all the hot new stuff tomorrow from Yamaha.

m8magicandmystery
02-10-2014, 07:03 PM

oh shucks...now we have copy right infringement on Starbucks double double

Dairy queens double fudge

Fleers double bubble

James Bond top secret

Frigging Yamaha can't even do a double top secret right...

m8magicandmystery
02-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Its crazy...Yamaha with all the resources and what do we have for 2015 from Polaris...a 857cc one ski...and Ski-doo a direct injection 777cc three cylinder....and nothing new from Yamaha...

willikers..

BigFish BC
02-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Hey, don't drag me into this.

Ill be the first to tell guys, ride what you have now. If they are coming out with a factory turbo 4 stroke that weighs 417 lbs for 2015 what are you going to do about it today? Nothing.....can't get it until November this fall anyway. You will see all the hot new stuff tomorrow from Yamaha.

not sure how you can take that the wrong way i even put the lol guys at the end:pound::pound:. just thought it was funny how you & cris ,the guys with the inside info are telling us how great next years sled & the year after sled will be so great when we have not seen the 2015 yet.it really does not matter to me what comes out,i still like & ride my 08 nitro,i just find all the speculation stuff funny.in the end yammi will do what they always do,build what they think will make then money, not what we as mtn sledders want.its been a slow day at work & its snowing so these threads keep me:face-icon-small-hap

stingray719
02-10-2014, 08:47 PM
not sure how you can take that the wrong way i even put the lol guys at the end:pound::pound:. just thought it was funny how you & cris ,the guys with the inside info are telling us how great next years sled & the year after sled will be so great when we have not seen the 2015 yet.it really does not matter to me what comes out,i still like & ride my 08 nitro,i just find all the speculation stuff funny.in the end yammi will do what they always do,build what they think will make then money, not what we as mtn sledders want.its been a slow day at work & its snowing so these threads keep me:face-icon-small-hap

Actually I think you are wrong. Yamaha realized with the dismal number of sleds sold they could not make enough money on sleds.....so they decided to build rock solid sleds to get you to buy other Yamaha products. Worked too didn't it? I mean would you buy a Polaris motorcycle?

And the obvious question if they couldn't make enough money why not just quit? My opinion on that, it's not the Japanese way to quit.

m8magicandmystery
02-10-2014, 08:57 PM
And the obvious question if they couldn't make enough money why not just quit? My opinion on that, it's not the Japanese way to quit.

and they still take the trouble to make a sled when they don't care about the market or if they make money because they can still say..."we make a snowmobile and Honda doesn't"...and that is also the Japanese way...

Yamaha and Honda's bad blood goes back to motorcycle engine copyright issues 55/60 years ago.

Heck Honda just might make one sled with the only intent of it having Yamaha sell one less....

flying frenchman
02-10-2014, 10:33 PM
If Yamaha keeps waiting year after year to release their great sled, I think in a few years they might not have any customers.

RACINSTATION
02-10-2014, 10:53 PM

Don't worry my man, I didn't take it offensive. I was just saying, don't shoot the messenger. Even if the message is in code. D_nt _ org_t to d_i_k yo_r _va_t_ _ e!

christopher
02-10-2014, 11:22 PM
If Yamaha keeps waiting year after year to release their great sled, I think in a few years they might not have any customers.

You have to keep in mind that the mountain segment is NOT their primary focus. They are working the trail sled market segment.

We have happen to be the group that makes a lot of noise complaining about how we get treated like the red headed step children.

This year it looks like we get the MTX version of the Viper.

bholmlate
02-10-2014, 11:59 PM
WOW!!!! did not see that one coming. good for them

christopher
02-11-2014, 01:19 AM
I think everyone will be happy with the first edition of the Viper MTX.
Its a MAJOR step in the right direction for Yamaha.
HUGE step forward from the Nytro chassis, and LOTS of opportunity for us to Mod them and begin the refining/tuning process.

7 hours, 45 minutes and I get to release ALL the details.

feeze
02-11-2014, 08:48 AM
I think everyone will be happy with the first edition of the Viper MTX.
Its a MAJOR step in the right direction for Yamaha.
HUGE step forward from the Nytro chassis, and LOTS of opportunity for us to Mod them and begin the refining/tuning process.

I have been a Yamaha guy for many years now. All of my buddies have switched to either Doo's or Poo's.

Both my son's were Yamaha guys too, but last year I blew up my 14 year old's Supercharged Phazer (too much boost @ low elevation..my fault), and sold my 18 year old's 08 Nytro. Replace them with 2011 & 2012 Summit 154 x.

I still ride my bone stock 2010 Nytro.

Last spring I went on a trip to Chatter Creek by Golden, BC. This is a Cat-Skiing area, but they open it up for sledders the last three weeks. There is approx 30 room, which only allows max 60 sledders.

I was the only Yamaha there!

Took a lot of ribbon from everyone. I was called "Papa Smurf". I sluffed it off and explained to them that if they wanted to be better riders, they should jump on a Nytro and ride it for a day! No one took me up on my offer.

During this trip, I rode a couple of the "Doo's" and was so impressed with the agility and the power I snow check a 2014 Summit when I got home.

Ironically, when it came time to take the sled this year I backed out and my buddy took it, as my Yamaha Dealer told me that a new mountain sled is coming out in 2015.

Sorry about the long story, but the end result is...... If this 2015 is just an "MTX" version of the Viper with a 130HP Nytro engine.....I'm snow checking a "Doo"...again!

Feeze

Btw Christopher....we are going to be in your neighbourhood next week...Monday - Saturday...... Maybe will see you out there.

m8magicandmystery
02-12-2014, 06:14 PM
I.

hmmm....so what contribution did Yamaha make to this sled if after spending
16 grand the making it into a snowmobile for the new owner just begins..??

willikers...I could sell London Bridge to you Yamaha guys...

TrashCat
02-12-2014, 08:05 PM
I have some prime swamp land for sale.