• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help Please! Adjusting Power Commander III

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I'm kind of embarrassed to even ask but, I would like to adjust my Power Commander III to remove some fuel from the top end because I am no longer using fuel with ethanol.

SLP had me add 3 bars (6%) more fuel to the top end when I loaded the map for their Performance Edition Kit because I was running fuel with ethanol.

In an effort to try to do this I even went to Youtube to see how to do it and it looks easy on an ATV. You plug in your 9 volt battery to the Power Commander, turn on the key, press down all three buttons and when they all flash, you adjust the area of the power curve from which you would like to either add or remove fuel.

Well we don't have a battery. I tried it with the sled off and nothing and then I tried it with the sled running an still no luck. What am I missing here?

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
When I had a PC 3 on my quad I would unplug it and take it into the house and plug it into the computer . Now I have a PC5 and everyone has a labtop but you still need to plug into the PC ?? At least I thought that was the only way . I know they are working on a app to hook up to the 5 with BT . That will be cool. Call PC I had to a little while ago and the guy I talked to out of las Vagas was great and fixed me up. Good luck FB

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You have to hold the 3 buttons down AS the sled starts.

Then you can adjust.

PS Steve is no longer with Dynojet

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thank you.

Oh................. so I would need a second person to hold the buttons down as the sled is starting? I sure couldn't do both at the same time. Trying to hold them down as the sled starts will be a trick for my helper as well.

OK, if we (my helper and I) can hold the buttons down as the sled starts. Do I still need the 9 volt battery hooked up to the Power Commander? Because at that point the sled will be running on its own power and shouldn't need a battery. Right?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thank you Racinstation.

I guess I didn't need to dig out the 9 volt battery connector after all.

Piece of cake.

Hey, I seem to remember, didn't you have a map for a 2009 M8 with the SLP Performance Edition Kit installed?

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
pc3

You have about 3-4 seconds after you start your sled to push all three buttons and then adjust. Two people are not needed. I have one on my m1000 ,you just have to be fast.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
OK thanks. That's even better to know.

Now, if I plug in the 9 volt adapter, can I use this in place of starting the sled?

If so, do I once again have 3 seconds from the time I plug the adapter in to press all three buttons?

Last edited:
Frostbite,

Yes - when plugging in the 9V, you can use this in place of starting the sled.
And Yes - You will still have ~3 seconds to push all three buttons at the same time to enter the tuning mode after plugging in the battery. The PCIII goes through a scrolling LED light show during its boot-up time, so you can press the 3 buttons as long as the LED's are scrolling.
scarter has not been with Dynojet since early 2011.
I have since replaced him as the R&D Engineer and I am here to help!

Regards,
~T.J.

Premium Features