• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Something is leaking....from where?

S
Has anyone had a Rev leak from the left side? I have 2 2005 Rev's and they have both been parked since the last ride. I just went up to the cabin and under one of them is black (like oil) tacky substance. I looked and can't find where it's coming from. Could it be oil leaking across the belly and leaking out the left side? I have a buddy that just realized the same problem on his 2005 Rev as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated so it can get fixed before the season starts.

Cheers :beer;

K
Jun 20, 2010
Its probably the oil tank, i just deleted mine and everything from the tank to the pump was covered with oil and it made a big mess. I still am not sure if its the tank or the pump that was bad on mine. Cost me less to delete the oil injection than to buy a new tank for the oil injection.

M
Jun 3, 2010
leak

Did you fog the sleds? Could be excess oil from that. Is your oil tank full? If so, oil many have vented out and picked up some grease and that's what you're seeing.

Grab a good flashlight and have a good look. Leaks can be tricky to find, go slow and look closely. Beat of luck.

Mike

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Leak

If its black and sticky on the left side of the cylinder it is most likely the exhaust manifold and /or gasket leaking out used engine oil. It is a mess!

hockeyb4

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Bozeman, MT
X2

Check exhaust on the front of both cylinders also your y pipe to the pipe can leak when all the unburned oil/gas gets toasty and can run out in the summer and you won't see that stuff in winter since its to viscous in the cold

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
If on the LEFT (clutch) side then check the PTO seal behind the primary. They have a breather hole and some ISO grease can come out from time to time or you could have a bad seal if it's leaking badly.

Have FUN!

G MAN

GoWyo

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2011
Western Washington
My '04 800 leaked a little when I bought it. I thought it was coming out of the oil tank. But then it started really leaking last season. It was 2-stroke leaking out of the oil pump. Just a little screw down there that loosened up. I found it after taking the engine out. But you can't get to it any other way.

Premium Features