PDA

View Full Version : Project Skidoo X

jskattum606
04-25-2010, 09:22 PM
This sled was a good sled while it lasted this year but i bent the bulkhead BAD. Going full tube chassis on this one now(a first) and excited to get going on it. Just wanted opinions on what will be the best setup for this sled.
MOTOR OPTIONS
-Yamaha Nytro motor
-Skidoo 1200

MAYBE'S
-800r out of an XP
-Cat 800 motor

All turboed im thinking Pump gas setup

SUSPENTION OPTIONS
-Timbersled
-K-Mod

This is what im looking for at the moment. Here is what im starting off with.
The goal is a light weight powerful sled(Im a lightweight junkie). Also looking for the reliability of the 4-stroke motor.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/skidoo%20finished/sledecomplete002.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/skidoo%20finished/sledecomplete001.jpg

Let me know what you guys think and If you have any opinions.

summit-x
04-25-2010, 09:30 PM
i think that tunnel is frickimnn awsome!! is that a homemade jobber?

jskattum606
04-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Yep, I built it last summer. Worked great and now its time to finish the chassis off. Ill have to post some pix of the Damage done to the bulk head. Nasty.

Also looing for the best cooling ideas in the tunnel and steering ideas. I Know i can shead some weight there. Anyone have any super light stearing setups or toughts?

Snow Duck
04-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I like to see these kind of builds...very nice and thanks for posting this...

jskattum606
04-26-2010, 11:49 AM
If this were you guys, Which motor, skid, and cooling would you go with and why. Thanks for the opinions

Snow Duck
04-26-2010, 02:05 PM
I hear cats with a turbo are the way to go if you want reliable hp.timbersled is what i would try because i want to also..other than that i am not sure thats why i am farmsled'n it..

Snow Duck
04-26-2010, 02:07 PM
i bet X2freeride is gonna like this build,or maybe push him to pick up the sled and some tube....

winter
04-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Nice Job, whats it weight, looks light.

jskattum606
04-26-2010, 10:22 PM
The tunnel came in at 18 lbs powder coated and skinned. It was way stronger than I figured it would be and held a lot less snow than a stocker. The stock one weighted 32 lbs in the same stage. I love it. Can't wait to get a new front end built for it and get it back out on the snow for another season with a new power plant.

X2Freeride
04-27-2010, 11:53 AM
i bet X2freeride is gonna like this build,or maybe push him to pick up the sled and some tube....

This is where I got the idea from!

Reeb
04-29-2010, 08:05 PM
If I could...

I'd put a 800HO Cat motor with a Twisted Turbo and a K-Mod skid. 200+hp sub 450lbs

Vector motor, Alpine or ??? and a CR-10. 250-275hp sub-525lbs

Realistically if it were mine....

Turbo the 800HO and K-Mod it.

jskattum606
04-30-2010, 04:32 PM
If I could...

I'd put a 800HO Cat motor with a Twisted Turbo and a K-Mod skid. 200+hp sub 450lbs

I already parted out the engine bay. No more motor. So i figured while im rebuilding the bulkhead, Might as well put the best motor in her possible. Do you guys really think going 4-stroke will add 75 LBS to this sled? As opposed to a 800 2 stroke?

RidnHigh
04-30-2010, 05:46 PM
I already parted out the engine bay. No more motor. So i figured while im rebuilding the bulkhead, Might as well put the best motor her possible. Do you guys really think going 4-stroke will add 75 LBS to this sled? As opposed to a 800 2 stroke?

Yes, maybe even more when you figure in all the lectrical and exhaust system...The Nytro motor is remotely bullet proof, but for the idea you are going with it stay with a 2 stroke...your gonna end up with a chassy that is amazingly wellbuilt but will handle terribly and be so nose heavy that it will either dive or not be able to stay down. Just my .02 but lightweight is great until it breaks, there are def some parts that are better staying a lil beefy. But all in all i love your build its a beautiful work of art...i have a 900 Turbo in a built chassis and soon to be building a new nytro..but ridden many many of them. Best of luck!

NapaMatt
04-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Keep up the GOOD Work..

Can we see pics the the wrecked Bulkhead????

thanks matt

Wheel House Motorsports
04-30-2010, 06:14 PM
haha.. because I can.. ill post instead of just talk your ear off.

issue with a cat motor is the pipe exits out the front and wraps around, and that being kinda a PITA to get working.. can you say hacked up pipe that splits all the time? thinking about my yami motor.. there is a LOT of crap associated iwth it that isnt light.. header being one of them.... oil pan, starter.. you know.. you have pulled on mine! get a doo motor and boost the crap out of it... so easy!

jskattum606
04-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Ok Guys seriously thinking about a two stroke turbo build now. Just for weight reasons. I built my 900 turbo now i think i can build a very good kit with the knowelege i have from this build. Any thoughts on a 600 turbo? Ive heard the 600's are about 20 lbs lighter than the 8's. + less rotating mass. Anyone have a 600 turbo that runs well. Do they run with a mod 800?

jskattum606
04-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Yes, maybe even more when you figure in all the lectrical and exhaust system...The Nytro motor is remotely bullet proof, but for the idea you are going with it stay with a 2 stroke...your gonna end up with a chassy that is amazingly wellbuilt but will handle terribly and be so nose heavy that it will either dive or not be able to stay down. Just my .02 but lightweight is great until it breaks, there are def some parts that are better staying a lil beefy. But all in all i love your build its a beautiful work of art...i have a 900 Turbo in a built chassis and soon to be building a new nytro..but ridden many many of them. Best of luck!

Thanks for the kind words. With the way this tunnel held up this year, I am so impressed with chromoloy. So light and so strong. I am very good at testing the the strengths of things. That will be one of the greatest challenges of this build is figuring out where the extra weight need to be for the strength.

Outlaw Addict
04-30-2010, 09:48 PM
The 600t's are a fun sled. I dont know if anyone has a controller or a setup for a fuely... lots of history on the Poo carb 600's

Reeb
05-01-2010, 01:58 AM
The new 800HO or older 900 Cat motors are pretty close in performance as far as I can tell. Hard to tell because of the chassis difference. Both good platforms for boost.
I'd contemplate a 900 based 999 bigbore with spray if I was really serious about boosting the 800 Doo.
But now you got me thinking......dammit.....this one has to stay half-azzed stock this time.

Good luck man, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Wheel House Motorsports
05-01-2010, 10:35 AM
hey josh.. want to buy a 700 doo motor??!!! ahaha..

ill see if I cant hunt down a weight savings.. if you still had your 8 we could measure em straight across. oh well. a 600 milled out head and some pressure would be silly for the style of riding you do.. I think I would have to change groups as I could never follow you.. worse then now! 600 motors are cheap and easy to come by.. the carbs are the same as the 8's if im thinking right.. so should be easy.. light. and like doing exotic drugs!

jskattum606
05-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Keep up the GOOD Work..

Can we see pics the the wrecked Bulkhead????

thanks matt

Well here you go. The whole thing is tweaked bad. Hard to tell in the pics.
Here is the story:
I have Titanium a-arms that are ment to break before the bulkhead bends, They work great. I broke one on a early season ride and decided to throw a stocker on untill i got the new one in. Very next ride out hit a rock on that side and bent the bulk head a little. Still ridable for the rest of the season but that made me not want to put a new TI arm on a bent frame. So countless rides later and a few more rocks It was very bad.
The Cross plate that the motor plate(see Picture) blots into tweaked over and slammed into the side of the pimary, Them proceded to grid on the inside of the primary for the rest of the ride. The left side moved in so far that the other side started to separate and move out. NOT GOOD
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/skidoo%20finished/MomsCamera128.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/skidoo%20finished/MomsCamera131.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/skidoo%20finished/MomsCamera134.jpg

This was after i bent it in for one last ride. HEHE
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/skidoo%20finished/MomsCamera127.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports
05-04-2010, 05:08 PM
the worst part is that thing looks better then my old rev!!!

heck, for fun, just get a bigbored 900 kitty motor in there. easy to build, tune, and would be a hoot in a sled that light!! good for the riding you like!

Scott
05-04-2010, 05:38 PM
What size wheels are those rear idlers?

Looks like the old Superbeast 10'ers.

jskattum606
05-04-2010, 07:57 PM
What size wheels are those rear idlers?

Looks like the old Superbeast 10'ers.

They are 10.5 's From Alternative Impacts. I like them alot, Function and style

jskattum606
05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
the worst part is that thing looks better then my old rev!!!

heck, for fun, just get a bigbored 900 kitty motor in there. easy to build, tune, and would be a hoot in a sled that light!! good for the riding you like!

After the last hit my left ski sat 5" back from the Right. It looks better than it is. I wouldnt have torn it apart otherwise. I am not a big fan of the 900 motor and if i was gonna go big than im going 4-stroke. Im guessing ill just go with whatever i find the best deal on though.

throttlecable
05-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Ok Guys seriously thinking about a two stroke turbo build now. Just for weight reasons. I built my 900 turbo now i think i can build a very good kit with the knowelege i have from this build. Any thoughts on a 600 turbo? Ive heard the 600's are about 20 lbs lighter than the 8's. + less rotating mass. Anyone have a 600 turbo that runs well. Do they run with a mod 800?

My brother has raced a Polaris 600 turbo on the RMSHA circuit for the past few years, and he has even won in OPEN MOD with it, so yes they can make major HP...his closes in on 240-250 at 13lbs boost. Boondocker has good race gas setups for these 600's...

Wheel House Motorsports
05-13-2010, 11:50 PM
how goes the battle? got that chromoly coming together yet??

mmm boosted 6-er... start building!!! quick! and now I have a truck that I can drive more then 10 miles on a tank of gas I might be able to come help you work on things in the fall!!

jskattum606
05-17-2010, 09:13 PM
how goes the battle? got that chromoly coming together yet??

mmm boosted 6-er... start building!!! quick! and now I have a truck that I can drive more then 10 miles on a tank of gas I might be able to come help you work on things in the fall!!

Haha. The battle is at work at the moment. Should slow down on the next month or so so i can get going on this thing. Im kinda liking the turbo 600 idea so well see. Now looking hard at the 1200 skidoo motor? anyone have any coments on this motor?

hypnotoad
05-17-2010, 10:07 PM
if you are going 4-stroke i'd problably stick with a yammy power plant, there is just so much more support out there for them compared to the 1200. but the 1200 would be a pretty cool build, haven't seen too many of those done up.

jskattum606
05-19-2010, 07:40 AM
That is a good point. There is not a lot of people doing these compared to the yamahas. I just love the deep sound of the big tripple four strokes and the skidoo motor is the bigger of the two. The 600 Turbo is probably way more practical for me. Lighter, more nimble, Quicker reving motor are all of the things any "tree hugger" loves about a sled and the 600 is where its at when you look at it that way

hypnotoad
05-19-2010, 08:00 PM
a 600 would be a bit more ideal for the trees for sure, but one can't deny that the sound of a four stroke on boost is amazing. have you thought about getting a 700, kinda best of both worlds little more grunt than the 600 but less rotating mass than the 800's.

Wheel House Motorsports
05-20-2010, 01:02 AM
And I know where he could find a 700 doo motor for so cheap!! ahah.

aero'd 600 in a full tube.. I will stop riding with you, it will be like the nimble of the rev and the climb of the 9.. I dont want any part of following those lines..

Im just gonna start now... josh, get down from that hill, the trees are to tight.

jskattum606
05-20-2010, 11:21 PM
And I know where he could find a 700 doo motor for so cheap!! ahah.

aero'd 600 in a full tube.. I will stop riding with you, it will be like the nimble of the rev and the climb of the 9.. I dont want any part of following those lines..

Im just gonna start now... josh, get down from that hill, the trees are to tight.

Haha. Now that's funny. I can't wait to here you yelling from the BOTTOM of the hill:face-icon-small-sho. Just kidding. I don't know what to do at the moment. I've started looking and I'll just end up buying what I find a good deal on. The 800R motor sounds tempting too out of like a 09 XP. We will see

hypnotoad
05-21-2010, 11:00 PM
you need to start on the tube chassic for this, really interested in how this will all go together. Would love to be able to make one myself but don't currently have to skills to even attempt such a indever.

Wheel House Motorsports
05-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Well, looks like I might be building a sorta double to this sled if life goes my way..

I was cruising ebay.. pretty good deals on 800 doo motors.. MMM boost.

hypnotoad
05-23-2010, 08:07 PM
and what's going to happen to the t-rx1?

hypnotoad
05-23-2010, 08:08 PM
retract that statement, saw the link in the sig

Wheel House Motorsports
05-28-2010, 12:07 AM
so.... I havent bother to call you lately, figured I would at least let your ears have some rest.. but have you done any thinking??? time to start hacking.. build season is upon us!! It will be good for you to knock out some of the tube stuff first, as I have NO clue what I want to be doing as far as tube parts goe.

funny thought, you know how bad the rev could dig a trench and not get stuck.. almost flip it straight over backwards and it owuld keep digging?? think how my sled is. think how it will be tubed out!!! and with limiters out and skid softened... got wheelie?!?!

Rotax_Kid
05-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Haha. The battle is at work at the moment. Should slow down on the next month or so so i can get going on this thing. Im kinda liking the turbo 600 idea so well see. Now looking hard at the 1200 skidoo motor? anyone have any coments on this motor?

Very nice build thus far.

If You are considering a 1200 take some measurements before you go much further. It's a pretty wide block. You can shave some width off going with a aftermarket primary, but it's still pretty wide. Gut feeling says it's too side and the cradle isn't wide enough to fit the bottom end in there. You may need to go to RT Bodywork to make it fit.

I've built up a 1200 last fall and I've going a little further with it this summer. Maybe a thread I put together will help you in some way.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=312637&hl=RK

Good Luck!

Clarke_67
06-01-2010, 11:04 AM
do a 600 POLARIS R race engine with a turbo, Ez-ryde, fox shocks. Thats what i would do!

Sick sled.

hatchers
06-01-2010, 06:39 PM
If I could...

you took the words right out of my mouth:face-icon-small-coo

the M8 is proven, hell ive got two of em:face-icon-small-coo

people have went from the timber to the kmod and are very pleased with the Kmod, this will be something i add this summer

hatchers
06-01-2010, 06:43 PM
so.... I havent bother to call you lately, figured I would at least let your ears have some rest.. but have you done any thinking??? time to start hacking.. build season is upon us!! It will be good for you to knock out some of the tube stuff first, as I have NO clue what I want to be doing as far as tube parts goe.

funny thought, you know how bad the rev could dig a trench and not get stuck.. almost flip it straight over backwards and it owuld keep digging?? think how my sled is. think how it will be tubed out!!! and with limiters out and skid softened... got wheelie?!?!

this guy built his own tube tunnel, so im guessing he can tackle the cat lay down engine inside a rev...snowstar stuffed a M1000 in a IRQ and made his own custom pipe, i would contact him about the pipe

and treching is only related to the track and rear skid, you will feel zero lag on a turbo M engine, zero:face-icon-small-hap

Rotax_Kid
06-02-2010, 08:42 AM
One more post I found this am. Cliff over at Advanced Dyno is building conversion kits from XR with the 1200 4 Tec to the RT chassis which is dimensionally slightly different than the REV but that may give you a head start.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=369883

Wheel House Motorsports
06-02-2010, 08:54 PM
this guy built his own tube tunnel, so im guessing he can tackle the cat lay down engine inside a rev...snowstar stuffed a M1000 in a IRQ and made his own custom pipe, i would contact him about the pipe

and treching is only related to the track and rear skid, you will feel zero lag on a turbo M engine, zero:face-icon-small-hap
trust me, I know josh pretty well, It didnt trench worse, it just allowed it to dig in 10x as far before it got stuck, creating some funny stuff. and again, not that you cant do it... He just learned from watching me.. some things are possible, just not the best ideas.

josh, I think im gonna have to work 2 jobs this summer to build something that will hang with you!!!

thewished
06-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Jumping on this thread to see where it goes! Sounds good and as far as the two strokes... the 700's do have the less rotating mass and lighter weight but gives significant gains over the 600. Turbo a 777 kit from carls and enjoy

jskattum606
06-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Jumping on this thread to see where it goes! Sounds good and as far as the two strokes... the 700's do have the less rotating mass and lighter weight but gives significant gains over the 600. Turbo a 777 kit from carls and enjoy

I like this idea alot and would love to, The only thing is Big bore+Turbo system = lots of money. I need to pipe down the sledding fund, not add more haha. Then again, You cant bring it with you when you go. well see where this adventure takes me. Pretty sure on the 2 stroke now. Just need to decide which one and find a deal.

jskattum606
06-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Well fellas, just found a 08 polaris 800 motor for a good deal. What do you guys think a POO-DOO haha well see

Wheel House Motorsports
06-06-2010, 01:21 AM
well..... any chromoly been burned together yet??? or are you just still farting around??

Im shipping the lady off for the summer tommorow.. time for me to make some $$ and try and build something worthy of following this thing.. althought im not sure if I have the balls to follow you if your gonna be on something this nutty!!

jskattum606
06-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Well, ended up making a deal for the 800 poo motor so this is what will be going in the beast. Real excited because im right next door to Mark Hoffman and CMX which has spent a lot of time with this motor and the Aerocharger which i plan on using for weight and simplicity. Will be rainy part on the week so hiding in the shop with the sled is where i will try to make it haha. Got to pull out my 900 motor first for some motor mount experimentation, then on to this project. Any sugestions on how to set this motor up for boost will be appriciated.

speedemon
06-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I say crank it up and run it at 35# of boost! LOL Excited to see this project! I wish I had more time on my hands! haha

jskattum606
06-09-2010, 08:27 AM
More time? your the one putting a two turboed Cummins in a Ford and you say you need you need more time. HAHA I would love to run 35# but i dont think the 151 is up to the job of keeping the skis down at that power level. Once you can keep up with me at 10psi then ill turn the boost up. HEHE

Wheel House Motorsports
06-21-2010, 11:47 PM
well.. you get the motor.. or are you just still just laying around doing nothing.. just givin you crap, gotta keep things on snowest alive. need pictures. remember, lauren leaves me for work all summer, so I got nothing better to do than work and talk about sleds.. you thought I harass you allot when im at school.. bwahhahah BACK TO WORK!!

jskattum606
06-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Yep still just sitting around all of the time... NOT I will get the time to get this thing together. Its gonna be one of those things that i have to think about and build in my head quite a few times before i get going on it. Almost there, I promise

Wheel House Motorsports
06-27-2010, 09:54 PM
haha.. yeah, I know how it goes, the actual build time isnt to bad, the thinking and sitting and staring at it is the big kicker!! I havent really even started working on mine this season, just sitting and looking at it for at least half an hour a day and thinking about it as much as I can... and your building it, so I know it should be done up nice!!

jskattum606
07-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Al right. Thinking of a new plan for the turbo also. Thinking of putting a 2871 garrett BB on with this beast. Anyone have any input between this turbo and a Areocharger 200/250. This will be on the '08 polaris 800 motor. Thanks

jskattum606
07-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Have a few updated pictures for you guys.
Got the chassis stripped down.
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/sledscamera025.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/sledscamera026.jpg

Got the motor 2008 polaris 800 CFI
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/sledscamera027.jpg

And the turbo im thinking of using off of the old sled
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/sledscamera028.jpg

here is one weak point on the tunnel i built last year
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/sledscamera029.jpg

I need to use some thicker aluminum and use a few more rivets.

I do need a primary clutch, Throttle bodies, black rev side pannels, and a fuel rail if any one has one.
PM me

jskattum606
07-13-2010, 11:01 PM
here is a sled for you
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/sled007.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/sled006-1.jpg

I got a little further Gonna start welding some tube together soon.

Wheel House Motorsports
07-13-2010, 11:24 PM
WOW.. I just thought you didnt have the plastic on it.. thats HILLARIOUS looking.

I see a nice looking spot for a little turbo feeding that beast!!

jskattum606
07-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Not keeping the chain case this season. It was either go with all new Hyvo gears and chain or CMX belt drive. Marks shop is close and im always checking his stuff out. Decided to go with the belt drive. Picked up a template from him to get the chassis ready for it..... Wait a second, I still gotta build a chassis:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-hap

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/sledtoredown007.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports
07-14-2010, 11:25 PM
that thing is gonna be STUPID!!! and the belt drive drops even more weight.. your gonna have a dang turbo paperweight!! now that I have a truck I can drive far.. I will be over in livingston drolling over it plenty!! I have a strange feeling you got a LOT of work ahead of you!, sure is gonna be a fun one thought!!

jskattum606
07-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Well here is a little more forward movement on the project. Its comming along well and everything is turning out very ture and square. Im getting anxious to put some long hours into this thing and get it ready for snow. I ve been talking to a lot of different turbo kit builders and compiling ideas. I think i have a very good feel as to where my turbo kit is going this year, Very EXCITED.

Not too far but i see a sled dont worry.
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/frame009.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports
07-27-2010, 11:15 PM
looks good buddy.. I see it all coming together!!

Clarke_67
07-27-2010, 11:26 PM
i think poodoo is a better name than project X....lol. If you need any random *** polaris parts, i have alot, just pm me. Sick sled, can't wait to see ya on the hill!

Wheel House Motorsports
07-31-2010, 12:17 AM
you gonna work on it or just let it lay around....

quick thought/question.... steering post.. gonna run the stocker or make a custom one?? or is that bridge getting crossed when your that far along.. blah blah blah... steering system.. thoughts??

jskattum606
07-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Its comming along, as far as the steering post goes, I think im gonna use the stocker to get the project finished, Then if i have time, build a new post right before snow flies. there is some weight to be had out of the post for sure and i would also like to make it a strait post to clean things up a bit. As fror the lower steering assembly goes, Im thinking just leaving it stock. Works good and is still tight

Wheel House Motorsports
07-31-2010, 11:00 PM
fair enough.. more or less deal with the key stuff(getting it operable) then start to play with the little stuff. I kinda forgot after your done the chassis you still have to then mount a different motor and associated stuff, then add a turbo setup. I feel like this is gonna be a busy september/october!!!

jskattum606
08-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah, If i think about the big picture to much i makes my head hurt. lots going on and i feel like little time to do it. Im gonna be sledding in october so i gotta hurry. One thing at a time and it goes smooth. I got the steering hoop just about finished so its starting to look like something now. :face-icon-small-hap

jskattum606
08-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Little more progress. I got the top, steering support and Pyramid frame mostly done. Need to get the rear supports made up that go back to the middle of the tunnel and start on the front of the sled and a-arm attatchment. Then motor mounts blah blah.. haha

I think Im gonna go blue and black on this sled. Like Bud Light blue. The color just hit me one night haha.
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/sled007-1.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports
08-05-2010, 11:33 PM
thats looking SICK!!! Love the speed square next to it.. gotta keep it all in check.

as far as the color scheme goes.. if you gonna rock some bud light blue, just go all out and go blue/silver with some red accents... would look SICK!!

You got the thing on the run, should be done pretty soon!!! seems like now that you got something going all your ideas can play out.. its always the first steps that take the longest.

RMKdude
08-19-2010, 06:12 PM
WOW that thing is going to be wicked!!!

a lot of planing and time goes into a project like that, massive undertaking.

looks very good so far!

I am going to be looking pretty puny behind you guys on my little ol M8 lol

jskattum606
08-19-2010, 09:27 PM
A little more forward movement. Things should be going much faster now that i feel the chill of winter starting to come on. The two halves have united.
I got one of the rear bars on that hold the tank in. Im going to run the one on there solid and have the other one setup with a hinge that will allow the bar to swing out of the way, and the tank to come out the side.

Also decided to go aluminum on the sides for the belt drive, jackshaft, and drive shaft. the motor mounts will also go on top of this. Using .080 Aluminum sheeting for this and it will rivet into the sides of the bulk head and the very front of the tunnel. Its just lieing in there at the moment.
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/NewBlackberry005.jpg

jskattum606
08-22-2010, 11:16 AM
And now for the front suspension. Got it all set up and in place. Should be able to ge the other side in place today. The first pic. is of the aluminum spacers i made to get it all square with the bottom brackets. I recycled the stock a-arm mounts. Took alot of time to get it perfect.
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/poodoo001.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/poodoo002.jpg

Norway
08-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Awesome, this is some of the stuff I love the most on here. Kudos to you!

Promise us some vids come winter.

RS

Wheel House Motorsports
08-23-2010, 01:26 PM
sickness.. way to go... starting to take shape.. thats really starting to make it look like a sled.. slap a motor in it and call it good!!! This thing is gonna be an animal.. it wont even need a turbo its gonna be so light... but hey, might as well slap one on right/??

I like the little angle bender in the side of the pictures.. that must be nice for making consistant bends.

Wheel House Motorsports
08-27-2010, 10:36 PM
tick tock tick tock..

MOAR PICS!!! I want to come over.. maybe build a twin to it.. just a tiny bit bigger motor.

MtnMaxMod
08-28-2010, 02:50 AM
Awesome build.

Bummed I'm not going to see any more of it than this..

Scott
08-28-2010, 10:03 AM
AWESOME!!! Keep showing pics...and get to work for crying out loud. LOL

BigAir
09-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Josh, start a new thread so us cheap asses that aren't cool enough to be called "premium" can see your progress.

jskattum606
10-27-2010, 07:37 PM
well, About time i get something done. Got the motor mounts in and the motor mounted. Havent decided if i will put in any other push arms or rods anywhere. Also got the front of the tunnel made up. I will have a lot of clearance for the paddles i should be able to fit 3" paddles in there if i ever decide to got that direction. Now that the motor is in, everything should go very fast. Hope to have the chassis off to powder coating next week.
Excited to get this thing finished now.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/004.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/007.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/006.jpg

Clarke_67
10-27-2010, 08:21 PM
hey josh, who are you going to have powder coat it? Going to cooke the first or second week in november for a test and tune ride. Hows that for a due date? Also you should get ahold of FTX and get their moter plate, it will make your crank last alot longer, and don't forget to make sure your oil pump is set right. Most RMK's i have seen have WAY to much oil in the fuel. Just thinking of things to do BEFORE you get it all put together. It looks sweet man!

EDIT: IF you go with the budlight idea, how about calling it "the dirt thirty" ? Idk, kinda catchy? lol

Wheel House Motorsports
10-27-2010, 10:00 PM
hey... look, whats a motor doing in the chasis!!!???

looks good.. glad you are gettin after it finally.. should be kickin *** now.. I wanna see the cmxds on it!!!

get chads shop done and I will come help you kick some ***.

jskattum606
10-27-2010, 10:15 PM
hey josh, who are you going to have powder coat it? Going to cooke the first or second week in november for a test and tune ride. Hows that for a due date? Also you should get ahold of FTX and get their moter plate, it will make your crank last alot longer, and don't forget to make sure your oil pump is set right. Most RMK's i have seen have WAY to much oil in the fuel. Just thinking of things to do BEFORE you get it all put together. It looks sweet man!

EDIT: IF you go with the budlight idea, how about calling it "the dirt thirty" ? Idk, kinda catchy? lol

Thanks, I like the motor plate idea. I had to buy these straps new. wish i would have seen them before that. Might have to fab something up:face-icon-small-sho
not sure if ill make it with this sled buy then. Coating will probably take a few weeks. The T9 will be ready though. You should give me a call when you have a plan.

Clarke_67
10-28-2010, 09:23 AM
will do! My parts are all being powder coated to so i know your pain lol.

Wheel House Motorsports
10-29-2010, 02:08 PM
whens the new "fuel" system gonna arrive.. then we can get you dialed in with that.. I should have mine figured out by then so yours should just be a straight install.

I keep having all kinds of good ideas for fueling.. Now you just gotta figure out some sorta oil resi as your gonna need something to feed your motor..

i'llDooit
11-05-2010, 10:57 AM
i want to see it hangin from a scale when its done. regardless of weight,,, it will be trick

Clarke_67
11-05-2010, 12:14 PM
whens the new "fuel" system gonna arrive.. then we can get you dialed in with that.. I should have mine figured out by then so yours should just be a straight install.

I keep having all kinds of good ideas for fueling.. Now you just gotta figure out some sorta oil resi as your gonna need something to feed your motor..

josh, if you need a resvior, i have a good one.

i'llDooit
11-05-2010, 04:23 PM
was thinking you need to give this build a good name. What better then Poo in the Doo.

here is a suggestion. Ez ryde 163 with a 3in paddle. Black powder coat tube's black plastic, black seat. black hood with 3 coats of budlight blue candy over the top. I painted my hood like that. looks black until the sun hits it. Then its bling'n blue. My 2 cents You must be hard at work with it or scratchin your head with a bud light,,, no updates for a while

Wheel House Motorsports
11-05-2010, 04:27 PM
josh.. get some more pictures up!!! darn you.. I wanna see more, but dont want to drive all the way to the end of the earth just for a look. i know you have been getting stuff done.

and I found you almost all the parts you need for some custom fueling... and a big old refueling station

if you want to paint any of the plastic, I can do that for you, I got it figured out pretty good.. mine looked really nice before I hit all those darn trees. and bud light blue is such a badarse color!!

i'llDooit
11-05-2010, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=Ski-Dooin it;2454530]

if you want to paint any of the plastic, I can do that for you, I got it figured out pretty good.. mine looked really nice before I hit all those darn trees. and bud light blue is such a badarse color!!

No offense,,, but aaaaa you are a better fabricator then you are a painter. even if you hit trees or pinecone's,,,,,, the paint is supposed to stick. I paint by trade and could help you with any prep work advise. Judging from the pics of ur bad arse sled,,,,, the orange aint stickin so good. it dont compliment the level of fab work you've done. Good color choice though:face-icon-small-win

Wheel House Motorsports
11-05-2010, 11:30 PM
sorry to jack your thread josh, but I think he underestimates the level of tree hugging we do with these buggys... lets just say line choice isnt always dicated by where there are openings... or any sort of line.. point shoot.. crash. thats what this sled is hopefully gonna be even better for.. should hold up well to running over those little twigs in the forest.

i'llDooit
11-16-2010, 08:53 PM
tube frame pic's? where we at here? i've been checkin daily for a while now for new pics of this project.

Wheel House Motorsports
11-16-2010, 08:57 PM
josh will have to confirm.. but im pretty sure we built the whole turbo system and did all the coolant lines right?? its pretty much ready to run...

just kidding, hes been plugging away on it, i helped him get some ideas on saturday.. the steering system is in, working on building a new/reshaped steering post to fit things in there.

we did get pretty solid plans on where things are going turbo wise, so just a matter of fab, i think the main issue currently is that he needs to figure out a tube front bumper that allows removal of the pipe. y-pipe was cut and redirected so it faces properly for the chassis. pipe is laying in place..

jskattum606
11-17-2010, 07:29 AM
i want to see it hangin from a scale when its done. regardless of weight,,, it will be trick
I would like to see it hanging form a scale too when its finished. After skid replacement(probably next year) im hoping to see sub 400 #'s. i will be completly done and off to powder coating durring thankgiving weekend.

jskattum606
11-17-2010, 07:43 AM
josh will have to confirm.. but im pretty sure we built the whole turbo system and did all the coolant lines right?? its pretty much ready to run...

just kidding, hes been plugging away on it, i helped him get some ideas on saturday.. the steering system is in, working on building a new/reshaped steering post to fit things in there.

we did get pretty solid plans on where things are going turbo wise, so just a matter of fab, i think the main issue currently is that he needs to figure out a tube front bumper that allows removal of the pipe. y-pipe was cut and redirected so it faces properly for the chassis. pipe is laying in place..
i cant wait to get this thing finished. My phone cable got lost so no pixs till this weekend. Hopefully i can get my camera to work. Thanks for holding down the fort Skidoin-it. and thanks for help(the thought anyways). The stering post is all mached up and ready to be welded, the pipe and mount for the pipe are in place. And the design process is finished for the turbo system. The next things to think about are the front bumper, and side pannels. kinda wanna make a Skinz air frame type custom side pannel for the thing, I think it would work good and if i could get all of the lines to flow with each other, I think they would look awesome and be lighter than stockers.
PIX to come Thansks for all of the support guys

i'llDooit
11-22-2010, 09:27 PM
photo's dude photo's, and,,, make me one

Wheel House Motorsports
11-22-2010, 10:09 PM
dont worry, not a lot has happened, he had to get his 900 back up and running for cooke. so that thing is keepin him busy right now..

jskattum606
01-16-2011, 06:26 PM
its been a while. little catching up to do. Pix first
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/newsledpoodoo044.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/newsledpoodoo048.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/newsledpoodoo049.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/newsledpoodoo050.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/newsledpoodoo051.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/POO-DOO%20build/newsledpoodoo052.jpg

jskattum606
01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
i have fox float evols that are going on and TI a arms. Everything is going well. Hopefully i will be done this wed. i have some long hours to put in.

Wheel House Motorsports
01-16-2011, 07:01 PM
that looks SICK!!!!

now just throw a turbo on it, no big deal right??

oh, what about panels?? ahahaahha.

hypnotoad
01-17-2011, 07:12 AM
that thing looks so sick, wish i had the sicks and tools to make one

Clarke_67
01-17-2011, 01:33 PM
its looking sick josh. Hope those shocks work out for you.

screech
01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
heck ya josh... thing is looking sick! wish i had something to show for haha shipping out my crank tomorrow.

jskattum606
01-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks guys. Its going to be a blast to ride. pretty excited. Got some more done tonight on it.
The belt drive is done
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/newpoo003.jpg
And the air box has begun
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/newpoo002.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/newpoo001.jpg
Check the motor alighnment today with a SLP tool and it is exactally to spec. Crazy eh

Wheel House Motorsports
01-17-2011, 10:43 PM
I like it.

and you werent kidding, the alum welds are lookin real clean.

Clarke_67
01-18-2011, 01:01 AM
got to love a tig weld

jskattum606
01-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Alright, More progress today. got the air box finished, got my pipe mounted and ready to attach to the turbo. Also got the motor mounted for good and the secondary shimmed out.
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/pipeme003.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/pipeme002.jpg
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/jskattum606/pipeme001.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports
01-19-2011, 12:55 AM
you dont lie.. the pipe does look sexy in there.... shes about ready to rip it... get the turbo system done tommorow then take it to dobeck on thursday.

Wheel House Motorsports
01-26-2011, 07:17 PM
well.. after much screwing around.. and lots of playing in the garage. she lives.

The nose cone is some fine gutter material, and the custom mesh sidepanels arent quite finished up yet. other then that, its ready to rip up the steep and deep. should be goin out sunday if the thing is ready.

some video of it in the alley.. nothing crazy, but its really damn fast even on the icy crap in the alley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8P47dO9P3Y&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF1wiyT2YY0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6drFx250ug&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

jskattum606
01-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks for posting that up. Im excited to take it out and get it dialed

Wheel House Motorsports
01-30-2011, 06:47 PM
BUCK WILD...

anxiously awaiting the video's from today. other then some tiny tuning work, the thing is out of control. its the most rowdy sled even on 6# of boost.

The thing is so damn responsive its really not fair. it makes sledding almost to easy.

Wheel House Motorsports
01-31-2011, 08:12 AM
ignore the poor fella at the end, his sled is heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8mpciZfY7c

screech
01-31-2011, 09:47 AM
holy crap... wow i have no words after that video!! this this is soooo sick!!! i wanna go ride lol

jskattum606
01-31-2011, 01:48 PM
It runs good. The video dosent even do it justice. I am running the wrong helix still and the fueling. pretty good for the first ride though

Norway
02-01-2011, 02:09 PM
It runs good. The video dosent even do it justice. I am running the wrong helix still and the fueling. pretty good for the first ride though

Yeah, pretty good for the first ride...

Sounds real quick and rippey there. Congrats.

Rune

Turbo11T
02-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Sled looks awesome and looks like it runs like a top. I am interested in what thickness 4130 you used and what you think your sled weighs? I would like to build another sled for next year. I am thinking really light weight. . . . . I mean really light, Maybe sub 350lbs With mild hp, 150 or so.

minecat
02-03-2011, 12:31 AM
got 2 words for you great job!!!

Reeb
02-03-2011, 04:05 PM
FAWK! Way more fun than the power you had in it last season I'm sure! Once you get the rest of her figured out that thing is gonna be an absolute BLAST!
Great job!

jskattum606
02-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words. There is a ton of work into this thing and im glad it all paid off in the end. As for weight, I havent weighed it yet but there is still a lot to take off of her. I am still running the stock rear skid, stock front suspension and a few small things like the stering system i would like to re design(XP style) and the side pannel system(carbon fiber) But it feels lighter than anything ive ever riddin and is just too much fun.
As for the tubing, It is .035 chromoloy tubing. Great stuff. I like it

Wheel House Motorsports
02-05-2011, 05:13 PM
pooooor cmx belt.. runnin it a little tight and got the day cut very short today.. only got in 3.5 miles.. alas. workin on getting it to "old reliable" status.

this thing is running way to good, especially with no water in the dobeck box connections. might have more video's after tommorow if all goes well..

Wheel House Motorsports
02-06-2011, 05:11 PM
mmmm det sensor.. ahaha.. poor motor.

jskattum606
02-07-2011, 10:57 AM
mmmm det sensor.. ahaha.. poor motor.

haha The story behind this is....
Ive been having some top end issues after a long pull or after riding for a while, the sled will just fall on its face and go into a limp mode. I just didnt know it was limp mode. It changed with different riding spots and was just a problem that i couldnt figure out.
Finally found out that it was the DET sensor going off puting it into limp mode and all i had to do was turn the sled off and re start to get it going again. more race gas, here we come.

The sled is great. It does some amazing things and is unlike anything i have riddin. will turn on a dime, side hill like nothing else and has the power to haul the mail when it comes time.

The bottom end is still not as responsive as it should be and that will come with time and tunning i hope. I mostly ride in the steep and deep littered with trees and that is where this sled does its job. In and out of the throttle is instant and it will go untill you run out of ground. ITS WILD

macsrotax
02-07-2011, 08:46 PM
What track is on it?

Wheel House Motorsports
02-07-2011, 10:28 PM
its a doo 151x16x2.3 track... stock 06 track i beleive.

jskattum606
02-08-2011, 05:21 AM
its a doo 151x16x2.3 track... stock 06 track i beleive.

The track that came on the 06 X package

Clarke_67
02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Did that throttle block i gave nick help you out at all?

skyler.hager
02-12-2011, 08:36 PM
The track that came on the 06 X package

only missing 1 out of every 6 lugs right?:D

skyler.hager
02-13-2011, 11:07 PM
howd it run this weekend in West? lets see some video of it!!!

i'llDooit
02-15-2011, 10:25 PM
:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-sho:jaw::tea: WOW. That need's a 163x15x2.5 camo extreme,,,Friggin awsome More vids please

ragincajun
02-22-2011, 10:12 PM
saw this beast in cooke this last weekend on yall's deck. i was hoping to run into ya on the hill and watch this thing go but that didnt happen

Wheel House Motorsports
02-22-2011, 10:20 PM
dont condone the existance of this thing.. its unfair to normal snowmobiles.

I think if all goes well we should have some video's of it up after this weekend again, brining out the film crew.

jskattum606
02-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Oh good, Glad to hear the film crew is comming, HAHA (cough cough Brandon). I got a sweet new helmet cam also to try out. Should be able to make up a great video

screech
02-23-2011, 10:41 AM
josh, your signature makes me laugh... :lol:

screech
02-27-2011, 07:25 PM
rode the poo doo today. absolutely way too much power. it is insane! so responsive. grab too much throttle and you will be looking at the sky! runs pretty darn good.

Wheel House Motorsports
02-27-2011, 09:15 PM
rode the poo doo today. absolutely way too much power. it is insane! so responsive. grab too much throttle and you will be looking at the sky! runs pretty darn good.
it runs great.. nose first into the ground..

it does have some sort of weak link, when you nosedive it like 20' straight down things bend in the front.

i'llDooit
02-27-2011, 11:02 PM
if a tube frame is all tied together,,,, lots of things bend when you nose dive20':doh:

Wheel House Motorsports
02-28-2011, 02:19 PM
if a tube frame is all tied together,,,, lots of things bend when you nose dive20':doh:
no, it didnt really bend, it just sheared a weak link in a welded junction, so it should easily straighten back out and be redone and braced a hair better..

it might not have been the idea, but the need for weak points in it is critical, as its a LOT stronger you dont want to make the weakest link somewhere in the middle of the bulkhead persay.. try to keep it in the extremities.

jskattum606
03-02-2011, 11:44 AM
I will dig into it later today hopefully and check out what the damage is. NOT GOOD. There is good damage to it though. Im just glad i bailed

screech
03-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Here ya go josh!

this is some vid of the poo doo wreck! man this thing is wild!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJUgaDLWgI

i'llDooit
03-02-2011, 07:52 PM
looks like the sled found itself a weak point

DILLYWACKER
06-23-2011, 01:02 PM
what wall thickness you using on your tubing

Wheel House Motorsports
06-23-2011, 03:57 PM
.035"

i'llDooit
07-25-2011, 11:08 PM
whats the status on this sled? will it be back for a new season? show us the latest and updated pics

kbl6z
07-26-2011, 08:07 PM
How well did it hold up this season?

Wheel House Motorsports
07-26-2011, 08:15 PM
it held up rather well, a few minor weak links, but they are almost identical to the rev breakage issues, so was sorta expected. it took a lot of hard hits this season and kept on tickin..

you guys are gonna like the updated version of it.

i'llDooit
07-26-2011, 10:05 PM
it held up rather well, a few minor weak links, but they are almost identical to the rev breakage issues, so was sorta expected. it took a lot of hard hits this season and kept on tickin..

you guys are gonna like the updated version of it.

so let us see it already.

kbl6z
07-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Can't wait to see it. What's he doing to it now?

Wheel House Motorsports
07-26-2011, 11:09 PM
same as mine... its a new chassis, similar tunnel, but there are a few flex points in that and the whole front end is being custom redone. this one was a sort of rev copy to run a normal a-arm.. new version is 100% custom front end with custom arms etc.

sorry josh, i hate to answer for you, but your just not on here enough!!! even thought your reading right now!!!

jskattum606
07-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Here are a few videos of the PooDoo and the Yamadoo You guys might like to see. We ride together a lot so Its kind of a mixture of Both of us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jXZkIkedQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egyoKFjqSWc&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOWxK4VIzeY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0h6XR2xV4

Wheel House Motorsports
07-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Here are a few videos of the PooDoo and the Yamadoo You guys might like to see. We ride together a lot so Its kind of a mixture of Both of us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jXZkIkedQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egyoKFjqSWc&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOWxK4VIzeY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0h6XR2xV4
wow, i forgot how much fun we had on those 1pm loading up days this spring..

for those who are curious about the new chassis thats getting whipped up... think "harley powerslide"

kbl6z
07-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Can't wait to see the finished products. Sounds like its going to be awesome. Nice vids by the way.

i'llDooit
08-08-2011, 01:46 AM
time is a tickin,,, better be weldin or the snow will be flyin while your sparkin an arc. :light:

skyler.hager
11-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Any pics of this one lately? Is it getting close since the snow is flyin now??

Clarke_67
12-04-2011, 04:55 PM
There where reports of something like this up buck creek i hear?

t300
03-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Back from the dead... Where did this end up? Cool project