• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 F-7 Arctic Cat EFI Snow Pro (HELP)

K

kkhaos

Dec 1, 2007
MN
Hello,
I have A 03 F-7 Arctic Cat EFI Snow Pro with 2600 miles. It starts and runs but there is no power. While it is idling it sounds like its running on only 1 cyclinder? Pulled both plugs, Both Golden brown. Compression is 140 each side. I unpluged everthing on the handle bars and removed the seat and unpluged the rear light. (thinking there may be a short) I put it up on A stand and ran it with the servo cover off and it dose not move. But I don't the exhaust valves, No matter if they work or not would affect the idle or just trying to move the sled? I'm thinking it's in lime mode? But I don't have any idea why it may be in lime mode. I drove it this way 30 miles to get back home and it didn't get better or worse?

Anybody? Thanks KKHAOS

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Remove, clean and adjust your powervalves and inspect the cables.
If they stick they won't rev.
Not sure if this is your issue, but if the servo is not working you need to eliminate that as a possibility and go from there.
The wires under the tank can get kinked or rubbed through also.

N

notboosted

Dec 19, 2007
I just went thru this with my 03 firecat, found that the coil was only working part time on one cylinder. I changed the coil and problem went away. I also found that the power valves were stuck.

B
1. Check for engine codes.
2. If the servo motor isn't moving make sure its plugged in still, you'll need to take off the secondary clutch and look at the wires behind that little protector plate. I have seen one unplugged that didn't throw any codes.
3. Check the stator.
4. Check the ECU. Sorry for the following bold: WHEN CHECKING THE ECU TAKE YOUR ECU AND TEST IT ON ANOTHER SLED. *****DO NOT PUT ANOTHER ECU ON YOUR SLED UNTIL YOU KNOW ITS GOOD****** Sorry for the bold but it has cost me an ECU in the past.

Chris.

B
1st - I would change plugs anyway no matter what they look like. I had a bad box of plugs one year and had to change them after every ride.

2nd - Any trouble codes? Try to manually cycle the servo, (by hand) with the machine turned off. If you can turn the servo you know your valves are not stuck closed and if it recoils back with no slack in the cables, you know that the valves are not stuck open. I am getting an ecu 16 code (cables out of adjustment or failure) on my HCR putting it into limp mode and only get 66-6800 rpm. When I manually cycle the servo with the sled off and then restart, the code clears and I can rev up to 8000 rpm until the ecu realizes that the APVs are not opening. Then the code comes back, I'm pretty sure I have a bad servo.
I noticed that when I turn the servo with the sled running at idle, the motor sounds rough so maybe your valves are stuck open. You can't lock open your power valves on an EFI sled like you can on a carb'd sled because the trouble code will come up and put it into limp mode.

Premium Features