BRP and its Ski-Doo brand have gathered some of the most talented and dynamic mountain snowmobilers to share their rides, opinions and thoughts with all those who enjoy the steep and deep of western North America.
The “Summit Freeriders” include a five time X-Games medalist, one of the most photographed extreme winter sports personalities ever, guys you see in the extreme snowmobiling movies, former racers and adventure seekers who never stop looking for fresh powder to play in.
And when the riding day is done, the “Summit Freeriders” will be talking about their good times via online media, along with their take on the gear they wear, how they customize their sleds to fit their style, even riding tips.
The “Summit Freeriders” have different backgrounds, different riding styles and different ideas about what makes a great day on the snow. It’s that diversity that will appeal to all types of Summit riders.
The “Summit Freeriders” include some well-known names:
• Heath Frisby from Middleton, ID, professional freestyle snowmobiler, five time XGames medalist, freestyle motocrosser.
• Rob Hoff from Alpine, WY, backcountry specialist, appearing in seven films over the past two years.
• Carl Kuster from Malakwa, BC, extreme mountain rider, former snocross racer.
• Dan Treadway from Pemberton, BC, pro extreme skier and snowmobiler.
And a couple guys you will get to know soon:
• Calvin Felker from Fort Collins, CO, extreme mountain rider, former snocross racer. Felker was a dominant western Pro snocross racer just a few years ago and now works in his family’s powersports dealership. Felker is especially knowledgeable about Ski-Doo snowmobiles and the technical side of the company’s machines. He’s also skilled at teaching people to ride in the powder.
• Dave Norona from Vancouver, BC, professional adventure athlete. Norona is one of those guys who takes in all life has to offer. When it comes to outdoor competition and adventure, he’s done it or is currently doing it, from motorcycles and snowmobiles to bikes and skis. Once you experience Norona’s energy and passion, you won’t be surprised that he is also a motivational speaker and team building expert—during his free time.
In addition to their regular casual rides, the “Summit Freeriders” will be hitting the snow with customers at select dealer events and demo rides. They’ll also be making limited appearances at powersports shows this fall.
The Freeriders and their friends will be recording their adventures in videos, photos and text, which will be posted in a new mountain blog on ski-doo.com and a Facebook page, which debuted the first week of November. BRP will introduce these riders in greater depth on that site throughout the season. Be sure to check out ski-doo.com in November for all the details.